Norseman’s Review on the Intake RTA from Augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norseman

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2017
www.instagram.com
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Intake rta free of charge directly from Augvape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

RV8mz01.jpg

Packaging
This doesn’t come in the usual box we are used to see, instead it comes in a cardboard tube, lined with foam that has cut outs for both the rta that sits on top, and the spare glass and the goodie bag underneath.

Ce7WZ5v.jpg

The rta
This is another collaboration between a YouTuber and a manufacturer and this time around Mike Vapes has been working alongside with Augvape to make this single coil RTA. The first impression is that it is well made with nice machining and that everything fits together nicely.

dhLHspv.jpg

It has a top airflow that goes down into the chamber via tubes and this makes it close to leak free. The airflow works really good and it is very smooth. It is also easy to adjust to your liking. It is possible to make it really restricted as well as somewhat restricted wide open.

OT3ykxB.jpg

It is basically a leak proof RTA since it got top airflow that goes through these tubes down into the chamber and comes out underneath the coil, and to my knowledge it does work really good.

lMQ0Pk1.jpg

The deck is intended for single coil use only and it is easy to build on as well as easy to wick. You need however to know how to do the legs so they fit into the dedicated slots without giving you issues. Other manufacturers have decided to make it even easier with four post screws on the deck to let you use coils any which way you choose.

I4DvRrD.jpg

Something I get though is a kind of dry vape and not as saturated as I wish I would get. Not sure why that is since I tried a couple of different wicks and still getting somewhat dry vape out of it.

WqvqTD8.jpg

It works well and the wick is real saturated and I don’t get any real dry hits at all so the wick is working as it should. And this together makes me a little baffled to be honest, since it should be able to actually give me a more saturated vape.

UQRreeS.jpg

It does come with a short 810 drip tip and I have tried a few of my 810 drip tips and they fit nicely in it. It does also come with a spare black Delrin 810 drip tip, as well as a 510 adaptor that sits flush with the top cap of the RTA.

cUiuXpI.jpg

To fill it you just turn the top cap counter clockwise, the top cap comes off and you can fill the tank through the kidney shaped fill ports. Just be careful not to overfill it to avoid leakage thanks to that.

wf5IqOz.jpg

The amount of liquid it can hold with the bubble glass is 4.2 ml and with the straight glass it can hold 2.5 ml. With the bubble glass it does become a bit wider with 27 mm at its widest point, and with the straight glass it will be 24 mm as the RTA itself.

Overall this is a nice RTA and it is working real good and the flavor I get out of it is good, not astonishing, but still good for an RTA I would say.

Assessment
I think Augvape together with Mike Vapes have managed to come out with a good RTA that I think a lot of people will appreciate. It does provide you with good flavor but it could perform even better, and it is well made and the machining is flawless.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are in the market for a good single coil RTA I think you will like this, no doubt. It is well made and it does give you good flavor and that together with a nice price makes it attractive.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Easy to build
4.2 ml with the bubble glass (being in Europe thats really good, retail over here will only hold 2 ml no matter what)
Extra glass
510 drip tip adaptor
Top airflow design for no leak

Cons
Getting a dry vape out of it
Flavor could be better

Parameters
Width: 24 mm at the base and 27 mm at the bubble glass
Height: 38 mm without drip tip
Stainless Steel, Black, Gun Metal, Blue, Green, Red, Purple

Package includes
1 x Intake RTA
1 x Spare glass
1 x Spare 810 Delrin drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip adaptor
2 x Spare post screws
1 x Manual
1 x Multi tool
Colored O-rings

You will find it here
Intake RTA

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread