Norseman's Review on the Fusion 3.8 from Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norseman

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2017
www.instagram.com
bkMus9p.jpg

I received this Fusion 3.8 starter kit free of charge from Vaptio for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

DEZ6Tdk.jpg

Packaging
This comes in a box with the device printed on it and it also got the obligatory (stupid)
nicotine warning label as well. It clearly tells you what’s in the box as well as to what color scheme the device has.

WFdasBL.jpg

When you open up the box you will find an instruction on how to prep a coil for the first time, a certificate of inspection and a user manual. Underneath that you will find the device itself and below that you will find the spare coil and the USB cable and that’s it.

KMLYFKg.jpg

The Device
When I opened the box it was like looking at a small piece of jewelry with its nice colors. I got 2 kits, one is the Green Jade and the other the Marine and as far as my opinion goes they both look really nice.

u6fWNBz.jpg

On delivery it has the 0.8Ω coil preinstalled and I must admit that I immediately changed it out to the 0.25Ω coil just because of the way I normally vape. Before I got this device I asked Vaptio what Vg/Pg ratio they recommended for the coils and they told me 50/50 would be the best way to go. I have however used a 60/40 mix in the 0.25Ω coil and it has worked flawlessly. For the 0.8Ω coil I can imagine a 50/50 mix being the right way to go considering the smaller wicking holes in the coil itself.

ZRAAxje.jpg

The ease to use this device gotta be one of the sales pitches Vaptio has since all you have to do to get going is to fill it with liquid click the fire button 5 times and off you go. I have been using this for the past 3 weeks now and it hasn’t given me any issues at all.

gdj2vqq.jpg

The only thing you need to watch out for is the juice level, if it get to low and you get a dry hit the coil is done for and it will flood on you and will basically be useless. But if you keep tabs on the juice level and fill it up in time the coil will last you a fairly long time.

1BoBQwK.jpg

I must say that I won’t be able to tell you how long a coil will last you with store bought juice since I only use DIY juices myself without any added Sucralose so all I can do is to estimate a life span on the coil. For me with my DIY juice one coil was good for 2 weeks until I managed to get the juice level to low and I got a dry hit that ruined the coil. If that hadn’t happened I think it would have lasted me another week and that’s not bad at all and kinda makes it economical on the coils.

71uLYc1.jpg

It has all kinds of protection such as short circuit protection, low voltage protection, over charging protection, it shuts off if you take a pull longer than 12 seconds and it has a 10 minute auto shut off.

rMfaSRH.jpg

It also got a wattage adjustment and you can choose between 30, 40 and 50 watts by clicking the fire button 3 times within 2 seconds. By doing that you change the wattage and it will show what wattage used by LED dots, 1 dot for 30 watts, 2 dots for 40 watts and 3 dots for 50 watts. The same LED dots also indicate the battery level.

3OPbA94.jpg

When you have used it enough to get a low battery indication it is time to charge it and thanks to the Pass Through function the user is able to vape on it while it is charging. The battery is a 1500mAh and for my vaping style it almost lasted me a day and the time it needs to get fully charged again is around 2.5 hours.

YTXAPTe.jpg

When you hit the fire button a led light goes off in the tank and it changes between 7 different colors and it glows for as long as you hold down the fire button. If I could I would have turned it off but that possibility isn’t something you have. I can imagine some people liking this and some will not.

3b6nfxn.jpg

My only gripe with this device must be the Auto Shut Off. Many times it has shut off just as I was about to vape on it and each and every time it has annoyed me since I had to do the 5 clicks to get it going again. Besides this annoying thing I don’t really have anything else to complain about.

Assessment
I think as a starter kit it does its job well and provides the user with good flavor, ease of use, good looks and most importantly a way out from tobacco. I do however recommend anyone that gets this kit to order a set of coils at the same time just in case you forget to keep tabs on the juice level and ruin the coils in the kit.

Can I recommend it to others?
As a starter kit it works well and I have no issues recommending this to anyone wanting to quit tobacco and start vaping.

Pros
Looks nice
Ease of use
The size
3.8 ml tank
Longevity on the coils

Cons
The auto shut-off
The LED light in the tank (totally personal)

Parameters
Width: 24mm
Height: 63mm
Length: 51mm
Black, Green Jade, Fantasy, Marine, Nebula, Chameleon

Package includes
1 x Fusion 3.8ml
1 x 0.25Ω coil
1 x 0.8Ω coil preinstalled
USB cable

You will find it here
Vaptio Fusion 3.8 for $43

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

Reactions: bsidb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread