Norseman's Review on the Loop RDA from Geek Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norseman

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2017
www.instagram.com
JbOKyqv.jpg

I received this Loop rda free of charge directly from HealthCabin for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

hK2PaPQ.jpg

Packaging
This comes in a plastic casing with the rda itself in a cutout on the left side, and on the right side under a cover, you find the 510 drip tip and the goodie bag with all the necessities such as o-rings, the all so famous orange Geek vape tool, extra post screws, a 510 drip tip adapter and a BF pin.

wScPlTL.jpg

On the backside of the casing you will find some info about the RDA together with info on what color RDA it is in the package, and the obligatory scratch and sniff to check for authenticity.

H2GFKrr.jpg

The RDA
This is a 2-piece RDA with an innovative looking design to the deck and as always with products from Geek Vape the machining is really good and it breathes high quality.

The top cap is made out to be one piece, and the airflow is adjusted by the use of a ring that isn’t possible to take off. The top cap is press fitted together out of three pieces with the airflow adjustment ring in the middle. It does also have cutouts on the top cap that fits into notches on the deck to assure that the top cap sits in the same position every time.

AjILlFM.jpg

It is a really airy RDA and fully open there is basically no resistance at all, and to make the airflow working the way I like it, I had to cut off the airflow and only use it with less than 1/3 open. Even though it is so airy I haven’t had any issues with it being noisy.

apwTgZ4.jpg

The deck is pretty innovative and it got the form of a W and the airflow goes through a hole in the post onto the coils. Just by looking at it one can think that it would have issues with leaking through the airflow holes, but it actually doesn’t do that. Well, ok it could leak if you over drip by much, but in such a case the fault doesn’t lie with the construction of the RDA.

aBbft1n.jpg

It can hold quite a lot of juice in the juice well and it does stay down there without giving you any problems. The deck is really easy to build on and in order to get the legs in the proper length you can cut them as long as one side of the post and bob is your uncle.

My biggest gripe with any RDA is as most of you know by now the o-rings or rather bad o-rings that doesn’t do what they are intended to do. This is however not the case with this RDA since the o-rings hold the top cap snug and this goes for the o-ring holding the drip tip as well.

qIVl3RH.jpg

As with most of the RDA’s these days this one comes with an ultem 810 drip tip as standard and it does also have an 510 drip tip adapter for those that like to use their own 510 drip tips or the included 510 drip tip.

I have been using it as a squonk RDA, and as a dripper, and it performs really good in both modes and it hasn’t caused any issues for me at all.

Wmwwwss.jpg

In the time I have used this RDA I have used it with one of my own mixes that I know better than anything else and it does provide me with good flavor and dense clouds, and fully opened you get even bigger clouds, but the flavor does drop somewhat at the same time.

Assessment
All in all this is a good RDA and well worth the price asked. It delivers on flavor, it is really easy to build on and it holds a lot of juice in the juice well. The quality on it is high and the machining is good and everything fits together as it should.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are after a good RDA, priced fairly, that is squonk ready and of high quality, I sure can recommend it.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Deep juice well
Protruding 510 (hybrid safe)
Easy to build

Cons
The airflow ring moves to easy

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 34 mm with the drip tip included
SS, Gold, Black, Gunmetal

Package includes
1 x Loop RDA
1 x 810 drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip
1 x Accessories Bag
1 x Manual

You will find it here
Loop RDA at HealthCabin for $26 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread