The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

North Pinellas / South Pasco

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by Gemini_Lightning, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gemini_Lightning

Gemini_Lightning Full Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Trinity, Fl
    So far there are three of us in this area who have spoken, and I think it would be great if we met somewhere close to "home." Unfortunately, Sunday for me is reserved for the Sunday Ticket, but if anyone is willing to hang out on a Saturday afternoon/evening, it would be great to meet some new people.

2. FL-Eagle

FL-Eagle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    Gemini, that sounds like a great idea.
    Sat. afternoon/evening would work for me.

3. JennFL5366

JennFL5366 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Pinellas Park
    gemini i did the meet at a sunday ticket friendly place...sorry you weren't there i will try to do the next meet up where everyone can come

4. legpro

legpro Full Member ECF Veteran

Well I'm a tad further north...South hernando county here.

5. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    legpro as the crow flies that's not to far, traffic on US19 is a whole other story...LOL

6. Gemini_Lightning

Aug 19, 2009
    Trinity, Fl
    Traffic on 19 is a Tim Burton film with a terrible ending... however, we could still make it work. Do any of you guys ever go to Alligators in Trinity/NPR? Very smoke friendly outside... but I am willing to drive 15-20 mins on a Sat. to meet up, so no worries. Will let this thread marinate a bit before scheduling something... still on the burner... as I don't know about you all, but I get tons of wicked stares while vaping.

Now there's the... I'm curious as to what you are doing stare, and the what the hell is that thing stare... but these are more of the "you look shady" kind of stare. Florida has more people staring at you than American Idol. Therefore, it would be nice to share a table (and some Jack Daniels) with some fellow vapers.

7. JennFL5366

JennFL5366 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Pinellas Park
    legpro you can always take 200 to 275 and come to the tampa meet or come next month to the regular pinellas meet

8. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    I haven't been to Alligators in a while, but the thought of some vaping whilst enjoying some bourbon sounds good and a Sat (late afternoon early evening?) would work. Close enough to home where I could have a drink or two and not have to worry about a long drive.

I do get a few stares, mostly a lot of questions. Last week I did have one person approach me and tell me I should stop using an e-cig immediately as they are the worst possible things ever and it will kill me quicker than analogs. I tried talking to her but she knew what she knew and wouldn't listen to anything else...oh well.

9. legpro

I can't stand driving on 19. I normally take little rd and cut over that way. I work right by Alligators so I know right were your talking about. As for the stars I only really get them when I'm vaping at a red light but I think that's mostly from using a box mod

10. legpro

Sorry are you talking about the Alligators on 19 by Walmart?

11. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    That Alligators is not open anymore the one at 19 and Ridge rd.
    The only one in the area now is on Little rd. near 54.

12. Florida Kracker

Florida Kracker New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Trinity FL
  13. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    Hi there Kracker, welcome

14. Florida Kracker

Florida Kracker New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Trinity FL
  15. legpro

Welcome Kracker...I can't believe how many locals I'm seeing here. I have yet to see a single person with an ecige besides my wife that is

16. DRiddle

DRiddle Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Hey, I am excited I found this...
    New Port Richey here (near Gulfview Mall)

Keep the vaping alive!
    Danny

17. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    Hey DRiddle, welcome.

Good to see more vapers in the area, we're growing in numbers

18. DRiddle

DRiddle Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    Sunny Florida

Thanks Eagle. I thought me and a few handful of friends in the area were the only vapers....

Is there going to be a meetup for our area soon?
    Dan

19. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    Gemini mentioned about putting one together at Alligators in Trinity which would be cool.

Since it looks like we may finally be getting a break in our heat here soon maybe in a couple of weeks something could be put together.

Since there are more vapers sounding off from around here it would be nice to do a meet and greet.

20. Gemini_Lightning

Aug 19, 2009
    Trinity, Fl
    It would be excellent to do a meet and greet: I agree with the weather. As soon as it cools down just a bit, let's do it on a Sat afternoon/eve.

Alligators has a nice outdoor setting. Decent food. Close to home means we can enjoy a beverage or two as well.

How about we shoot for October 17th? How's that sound for everyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.