• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

North Texas Brick & Mortar Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie_onVG

Feb 18, 2012
Here and There
Hi everyone,
I just returned from DFW Vapor in Lewisville ... wow. I've never been in a B&M juice store and this was impressive.
You could sample a whole bunch of juices and their selection is just awesome. And the gent behind the counter was very nice, professional, and helpful. I was such a vape-starved wreck, he probably thought I was one nutty old lady (he would be right).

Why I went: I'd been using the same juice (not from them) since summer of 2011. For some reason, I got some very funky and scary symptoms over the past 10 days and didn't even consider linking it to my all VG juice. Then it dawned on me that it's my juice and I stopped vaping. The symptoms stopped. And I had no other juice in the house. Panic! And, yes, I smoked a couple of analogs. They were disgusting, but got me the nic I needed. This store isn't too far from me, and I was very happy to get a supply for the weekend. It has high PG .. not good for me, but it's not going to kill me for a few days. It can't possibly do to me what my "old" juice did. I also ordered a nic test kit from ebay ... need to find out what nic level I actually was vaping when my juice got weird on me.
Anyway .. I'd highly recommend DFW Vapor, I know I'll go back. I also learned that they will do all VG juice, but I'll have to order it online.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Vixen Vapors' Retail Store Grand Opening, Saturday, April 7, 2012 10am - 5pm

2230 W Park Row Dr. Suite B, Pantego TX 76013

FB Event - Vixen Vapors' Retail Store Grand Opening | Facebook

Thanks for sharing! I've added Vixen to the list above, but the system wouldn't let me add the link to the site, so I typed it in as best I could :lol: Dale said something about this, I'll see if I can find out why it's not working.

Acheron

Jul 20, 2010
irving, tx
I have visited Good Vapes and Vaporescence in Richardson.

My experiences:

Good Vapes - Great juice and very friendly people who are glad I came into their store. Remembered my name after my first visit.

Vaporescence in Richardson - Didn't really seem to care if I was there or not. Not very friendly.

i have to agree with ya about Vaporescence.. it seemed like they had the attitude of "thanks for the money now get the :censored: out"

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Acheron - just in case, I've seen the big mods come through threads and delete/censor posts for using characters to "bypass cursing filters" or some such. I went ahead and did it for you in what I think is a more friendly way just in case a mod comes through. I hope I didn't step on any toes! :unsure: :)

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Updated the local vendor list:

• Added Redneck Vapor
  • Updated Good Vapes' address (they moved!)
  • Added Vapor Cabana's website

There is Posh Vapor in Garland off of George Bush now as well (a stone's throw from Richardson). I went there tonight, and it was a very nice place. They had all the usual stuff, ego kits and such, but they also have genuine Vivi Novas and Kanger MT3's, of course the eVic and Vamo, and their juice is pretty good. They don't mix it themselves, but good none-the-less, and they offer smaller sizes than 30mL, which is a huge plus for me.

So far I like them more than DFW Vapors and Vaporescence. DFW Vapors doesn't sell genuine gear (aside from the mid-high end batteries/mods), and Vaporescence seems to cling to their carto tanks and mechanical mods too much. The juice is just "okay" at both, although Vaporescence is what I started with. DFW Vapors, I haven't found a juice I like there yet. I really think whoever is mixing it up has their taste buds off a good bit, because what I taste and what it says on the label are often two completely different things. Vaporescence has stopped mixing their own in-house (not sure where they get it), and the lowest they offer is 12mg unless you special order, which is ridiculous IMO. Dragonfly, I haven't tried their juice, but they have a nice (genuine) selection of gear as well.

As expected prices at any of these places are a little bit higher than online stores, but that's to be expected at a B&M. There's something to be said for instant gratification, I'm a big fan. Often times if I can't get it NOW or QUICK, I just look at something else. I hate waiting for the mail, especially USPS.

Last edited:

pixelchick

APV Coterie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Kansas City
I visited Dragonfly in Lewisville last month to help my friend Nancy get hooked up with the proper gear. I had another friend in tow, hoping to convert her as well.

Dragonfly has a great selection of juices and their proprietary branded juice is made in-house. They spent a good amount of time with Nancy, making sure she was well-educated in using and maintaining her new setup. They also helped her find a juice she liked (they have a small tester section) and mixed it to her specs.

Let me preface the next paragraph by saying in every instance I have enjoyed a positive experience with Dragonfly's online store and online customer service (Michelle is extremely helpful, cheerful and follows up to make sure you're happy with your online purchase). However, during my first visit to their B&M last month I was a bit offended by one of their staff. Remember, I was there for the sole purpose of hooking up one friend with gear and converting another to vaping. I referred both to Dragonfly based on my online buying experience.

Anyway, I was trying to test one of their juices using their carto tank. As I attached the tank to my pv the tank cylinder unscrewed...luckily there was just a bit of juice left in the tank so it only spilled on my hand and my pv. I told the woman behind the counter that I had spilled juice and I needed a towel to clean it up. She said "you spilled juice?" then sighed out loud, rolled her eyes and wordlessly handed me a paper towel. I said "Don't worry, I didn't get it on the counter or the floor, just all over myself." I handed her the towel and asked her to throw it away, thanked her, then promptly gathered up my friends and walked out.

Am I wrong to be offended by this treatment? Please let me know if I'm wrong here....but I don't believe I am. You'd think after the hundreds of dollars I've spent at this establishment and the tens of customers I've referred to them there would be some sort of customer appreciation....:confused:

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Hey PixelChick...it's a business...and part of their business is juice sampling. If you're going to work at a vaping business that does juice sampling, you have to expect some spillage, etc. It's not good for any business's employees to be rude like that, ever. I would have done the same thing you did. I was going to roll up there sometime to check it out but I think I'll save the trip. Not a big fan of the mall anyway. The only B&M I have experience with is DFW Vapor's Lewisville location. They haven't even been there a year yet and they've already outgrown it. It's packed every time I go in there, which says something about James, the guy that owns it. When he started out with all this before he ever had a B&M store, he'd meet me wherever, whenever, to hook me up with juice, attys, handle problems, etc. I've thrown him a bunch of business and he treats me right...and apparently a lot of others as well. I'm in the process of trying some juices from other vendors though as my only juice has been from DFW. I kinda hope they all suck in comparison, but I'm still chasing the perfect cig flavor...LOL!

theerick45

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
Just a quick FYI I'm not affiliated with God Vapes in any way so this isn't self promotion; however I wanted to let all the rebuildable guys and girls know that God Vapes carries Kanthol wire and stainless steel mesh! Some of you may know this already but it's great receiving it immediately VS ordering, while its on the pricey side it's very convenient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread