The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Northeast Ohio, Cleveland, Akron and Surrounding Counties

Discussion in 'Ohio Vapers' started by Tommykcleveland, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tommykcleveland

Tommykcleveland Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2013
    Cleveland Ohio
    Fellow Vape Heads, I am trying to get together a meet for some time in August. We do have a brick and mortar called Groove-E-Juice who would like to host us. They have some space to meet and having been doing some upgrades to the store. I have not been there yet, but they seem like good dudes. So far I see myself, engraced, kusa, vidaoptimista, and jcolt. i have talked to a couple of you but you can email me at tommykis@roadrunner.com or FB facebook.com/tomkraly. FB would be the easiest. I really want to do this, if someone already has met, let me know, and im sure there are people earlier in the post that still might be interested. lets do this it will be fun. I have over 50 juices and several of them are not to my taste, but someone else might like it. So email me so I can get a group together and we can set a date.

:vapor:Tommy

2. mwdenko

mwdenko ReOdin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Sounds like fun. I'll send you an email.

Sent from the great beyond using Tapatalk

3. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I'm game, they're in Kent aren't they?

4. 4mudski

4mudski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2012
    Ohio
  5. Tommykcleveland

Jan 25, 2013
    Cleveland Ohio
    The great beyond sounds good to me. I will look for the email, thanks!

6. Tommykcleveland

Jan 25, 2013
    Cleveland Ohio
    yes they are in Kent. It is about an hour from me, but it sounds like a good environment to gather.

We can start looking for a date, and see if the others, who I have corresponded with previously still want to join us. I don't mind a small group, I just think it would be cool to hang around some other vapers.
    I am available August 24 and 31 on Saturdays early, or any Sunday afternoon. I am open every evening as well. I am not completely sure when the grooviejuice guys are there, but from what I gathered on the website, they will open up by request. Evenings during the week are really the best for me. If a few of us actually show up, perhaps we could plan a more regular get together.

7. Ohio Points

Ohio Points Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    O-HI-O
    I'd be interested....plenty of juices and DIY flavors I don't use too much anymore....from Stark County....grew up in Lake county.

8. fatherdano

fatherdano Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    ohio
    keep us posted on when your planning this.

9. dymrip

dymrip Full Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wakeman, Ohio
    I am in Ohio near Oberlin. Kent is about an hour and a half from me. I'd really like to attend something like this! I always read about the big vape fests in Chicago and whatnot and get jealous :D

10. mwdenko

mwdenko ReOdin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Ohio
    I am looking forward to meeting up as well!

11. Tommykcleveland

Jan 25, 2013
    Cleveland Ohio
    *Bump*
    I have sent out a couple emails and am working on a definite date. This is coming together and looking at happening around the 3rd or 4th Saturday in September tentatively. If you have any interest in being part of planning this, please email and I will put you on the list with the few others so that we can communicate directly. It looks like we might set something nice up so as details come, they will be posted. The location will be the Groove E Juice store in Kent Ohio, those details are still being worked out as well.

12. Jim66

Jim66 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2012
    Amherst, Ohio
    I'm definitely interested.

13. IMEDICx90

IMEDICx90 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Ohio
    WEll tommy i just talked to Groove and they have also mentioned that they will custom make a flavor for you right there when you walk through the door! I asked about hardware and they have pretty much everything except for mechanicals and are a little light on the RBA's SO!!! I woudl say we should also let people know to bring friends since their hardware selection is awesome!

14. dymrip

dymrip Full Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Wakeman, Ohio
    Can't wait for this! Just got my car fixed too. Just need a battery and a couple tires now, but she should be ready to roll in time for the shindig!

EDIT: Just hope it isn't the second weekend of September. That's my wedding :p

15. XenoCerb

XenoCerb Full Member

May 27, 2013
    N.E. Ohio
    Count me in. If you need help with setup / organizing or whatever I would be happy to volunteer !:D

16. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Any news on this?

17. IMEDICx90

IMEDICx90 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Ohio
    We are working on it. Tom ran into some real life problems with his school so we had to postpone our first meeting as a "committee" for lack of better terms. I am assuming it will be rescheduled her shortly and then to follow that probably a months lead time before an official vape meet. :)

18. Debra_oh

Debra_oh Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    I am looking forward to this coming together.

An aside... Does anyone know of any B&M in Cleveland? The only one I could find is this place 21 Century Smoking, Your source for premium electronic cigarettes and they really don't seem worth a visit. They only carry minimal house branded vaping supplies and rather generic (and pricey $1/ml) juices. Would love to find a local place with a good juice/supply selection. I will get out to Kent soon to visit Groove. Thanks for any info.

19. Sed Contra

Sed Contra Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    I just learned that there's one on Mayfield Rd. called eCignificance or something like that - they have a few stores around Ohio if I'm not mistaken. I've tried a few of their juices at a mom & pop that re-brands some of their juices, and it's okay... I might stop by the Mayfield Rd. store next Wednesday, actually, since I'll be up that way. I hope that they sell wick & wire.

I haven't been out to Groove E Juice in Kent yet, but Legend Vapor is on Tallmadge Avenue, maybe a mile East of Rt. 8, and they have 200+ flavors available and a juice bar - it's nice for me that they're about 5 minutes from me.

There's a new place in Akron, too, called Kings of Vapor on S. Arlington St., too - it hasn't been open for too long; they don't have a huge selection, but a number of the tobacco flavors that I sampled really impressed me...and I generally don't dig tobacco flavors too much.

Vapor Bomb is in Akron/Barberton, also, and they're a fairly big and well-known internet company. They don't really have a store front, but they do allow for local pickup to save on shipping costs. I've just paid for the shipping. The juices that I've tried from them are okay. Nothing particularly special, but I don't regret trying them.

20. Sed Contra

Sed Contra Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    I've got to make it out there one of these days...that's pretty cool that they would do custom orders like that on the spot, too. If I didn't just blow my vaping budget buying lab equipment and chemicals to start my own DIY, I'd probably make it out there sooner...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.