• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Northeast Ohio, Cleveland, Akron and Surrounding Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Thank you Sed, I will try and find the place on Mayfield and see what they have. I hope to be out in Kent next week so will stop by Groove.

Please post here or send me a private message about what you think about the joint on Mayfield Rd. I have a class at John Carroll every other Wednesday night, more or less, and I wouldn't want to rush to get to the vape shop before class if the place sucks! I should call them, regardless, to see if they have wick & wire (and, if so, what kind) before going, too... Please share your thoughts about Groove E juice, too. Kent isn't terribly far from me (maybe 20 minutes, considering traffic), but I hardly ever go out that way.

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Please post here or send me a private message about what you think about the joint on Mayfield Rd. I have a class at John Carroll every other Wednesday night, more or less, and I wouldn't want to rush to get to the vape shop before class if the place sucks! I should call them, regardless, to see if they have wick & wire (and, if so, what kind) before going, too... Please share your thoughts about Groove E Juice, too. Kent isn't terribly far from me (maybe 20 minutes, considering traffic), but I hardly ever go out that way.

Will do, I am going to try and get over to ecig tomorrow. I do not see any rebuild accessories on their website and their juice selection looks pretty generic, but nearby does have some advantages.

I went to school at Kent and taught there so use to spend a lot of time out there, now not so much. I do need to get out to the campus so I hope to visit groove next week.

Are you in a Master's program at JCU? That kind of class schedule would be unusual for an undergrad class.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Will do, I am going to try and get over to ecig tomorrow. I do not see any rebuild accessories on their website and their juice selection looks pretty generic, but nearby does have some advantages.

Thank you.

I went to school at Kent and taught there so use to spend a lot of time out there, now not so much. I do need to get out to the campus so I hope to visit groove next week.

I spent the most time out there over 20 years ago, when I was in high school, seeing The Baseliner's play one Saturday every month at the Rathskeller...fond memories...good blues. Sometimes I'd go see Frankie Starr play at JB's, too...seems like a lifetime ago.

Are you in a Master's program at JCU? That kind of class schedule would be unusual for an undergrad class.

I am currently working toward a doctorate elsewhere, but there's a certificate program at JCU that fits extremely well with the doctorate and will help me with my dissertation. I'm killing two birds with one stone, in a sense, getting a certificate while using it as research at the same time.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
I spent the most time out there over 20 years ago, when I was in high school, seeing The Baseliner's play one Saturday every month at the Rathskeller...fond memories...good blues. Sometimes I'd go see Frankie Starr play at JB's, too...seems like a lifetime ago.
My friends and I bartended at JBs (up and down) 93-95, Numbers band, Scott Dickerson, Rusted Root, Crackhouse Jazz Quartet, the Twistoffs etc..., had friends that worked at Rays, Town Tavern, Venice, Pufferbelly....those were the days

Also did you try Vaporbombs Strawberry Waffle with whipped cream?, well respected and excellent vape, I'm also a fan of Walter's blueberry Smoothie.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
My friends and I bartended at JBs (up and down) 93-95, Numbers band, Scott Dickerson, Rusted Root, Crackhouse Jazz Quartet, the Twistoffs etc..., had friends that worked at Rays, Town Tavern, Venice, Pufferbelly....those were the days.

Sure were. There's a good chance that you served me underage in '93... I don't remember the rest of those bands, except the Numbers Band, since they're legendary, but Frankie Starr rocked out at JB's plenty of times during those years. They really were great times...

Also did you try Vaporbombs Strawberry Waffle with whipped cream?, well respected and excellent vape, I'm also a fan of Walter's blueberry Smoothie.

I don't know this Walter cat, but no, I haven't tried Vapor Bomb's Strawberry Waffle w/ Whipped Cream. I ordered their Snickerdoodle to compare it with Ms. T's Bakery (it's not even close, but I suspect that she blows away most of her competition in the snickerdoodle department) and I ordered "Cream Cheese" from Vapor Bomb because not many places even have it...I'm saving it for an experiment that I have in mind. Oh, I also ordered some Atomic Fireball or whatever they call it...and I think that they sent me some kind of freebie sampler bottle, but I don't remember what. I'm sure that I'll order from them again, as I do prefer to support local businesses even if it costs more. I'll keep your suggestions in mind; thank you!

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Thank you.

OMG, someone else knows Frankie Starr..??!! I got an early education at the fine establishments in Kent .........Needless to say looking older than I was never got me ID'd...........:p

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I have not got over to Ecig yet (darn students want silly things like papers graded and such) but did speak with the store on the phone. They are open from 11am to 9pm, have about 80 juices with testers, and do not yet carry rebuilding supplies but may in the future.

I'm still waiting on two papers that were handed in 4-6 weeks ago...and another that I turned in at the end of July!

Thanks for the information about them not having rebuilding supplies. I won't bother going next week, then, and I'll just wait for your report on Groove E Juice in Kent. Thanks!

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I'm still waiting on two papers that were handed in 4-6 weeks ago...and another that I turned in at the end of July!

Thanks for the information about them not having rebuilding supplies. I won't bother going next week, then, and I'll just wait for your report on Groove E Juice in Kent. Thanks!

Ugh, I commit to my students to get papers back within a week. That only varies when they are large (20+ pages) projects and then it is 3-4 weeks. I always hated instructors that took forever to grade and return items.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Ugh, I commit to my students to get papers back within a week. That only varies when they are large (20+ pages) projects and then it is 3-4 weeks. I always hated instructors that took forever to grade and return items.

These are all longer papers, so I'm fine with a couple of weeks, but 4-6 weeks or more is too long! My first final paper when I started my M.A. years ago, well...I got an A in the class, but I never got my final paper back. I love seeing RED INK on my papers. Not getting a paper back at all is disappointing regardless of what grade I get in the class. When I was at Akron U, one of my favorite professors taught full-time at KSU and a couple of night classes at Akron - her papers were crazy with the red ink, but I loved it. I wish that I could remember her name because if someday I ever need an editor, she would be great.

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
These are all longer papers, so I'm fine with a couple of weeks, but 4-6 weeks or more is too long! My first final paper when I started my M.A. years ago, well...I got an A in the class, but I never got my final paper back. I love seeing RED INK on my papers. Not getting a paper back at all is disappointing regardless of what grade I get in the class. When I was at Akron U, one of my favorite professors taught full-time at KSU and a couple of night classes at Akron - her papers were crazy with the red ink, but I loved it. I wish that I could remember her name because if someday I ever need an editor, she would be great.

I hear you about getting feedback. All the time and thought put into a project deserves feedback. Any chance you are in a counseling program? I ask because there is a faculty person at Kent that made me cry the first time i got a paper back from her. I had thought I was a decent writer but when I received back a paper from it her it was so covered in red ink that I could barely read what I had written. I learned more about writing from her than from anyone else, ever.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I hear you about getting feedback. All the time and thought put into a project deserves feedback. Any chance you are in a counseling program? I ask because there is a faculty person at Kent that made me cry the first time i got a paper back from her. I had thought I was a decent writer but when I received back a paper from it her it was so covered in red ink that I could barely read what I had written. I learned more about writing from her than from anyone else, ever.

No. She was teaching English Comp 1 at Akron for night classes. This was back around '95. I wish that I was a better writer, but I'm never happy with anything that I write...my standard is always higher than what I produce.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
I've seen two in Canton, one in the Busy Beaver plaza on Whipple by the Sav-a-lot and another just opened in a small plaza on the north side of 30thst east of Cleveland and before you get to the Giant Eagle plaza, don't remember their names and haven't visited either they were both closed when I saw them, but the one by Save-a-lot looks pretty big.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
Good morning to all of you Ohio vapers !

This post is not totally vape related, but it is somewhat.

We are in Texas and we are bringing an Ohio franchise to our State and wanted to get some opinions from anyone in that area who is knowledgeable about this franchise.

The franchise is Dave's Cosmic Subs, origin in Ohio in 1996 currently with shops all over the state of Ohio.

Question: have you ever been to Dave's and what was your impression.
Question 2: If you regularly visit a Dave's, what is their vaping policy if they have one.

Thanks for any input.

We have opened one shop so far, in San Antonio, and it is going great. Now working on at least 3 others, with more to follow.

Last edited:

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
mmmmm, love cosmic subs. I use to go to the original out in Chagrin Falls but not mostly go to the Coventry location as it is closer. I don't think I have been in since I have been vaping so can't comment there but hope they would be vape friendly. Hard to imagine Dave being anti-vaping as that would be so uncool. Just tell him he is being The Man if he is anti-vaping. But wouldn't that be up to the franchisee?

I hope you have great success with your shops. Dave's subs are pretty unique; great selection, well made, and with a counter-culture attitude. Hope you open one in Austin. I use to live there and do get back now and then.

Peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread