Status
Not open for further replies.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
so my father in law has been hospitalized for three days now and got triple bypass today, i have been vaping in there but not throwing out just ghost it. so my wifes uncle who i converted also to vaping takes a small hit with very little vapor coming out and this b on the fourth floor, runs up to him gets in his face and says "YOU CANT DO THAT IN HERE" he replies why its not smoke? ITS A NEW POLICY SIR! he is had it with her attitude by now and replies OK! I DIDNT KNOW! she says WELL NOW YOU DO! and then goes up tp us and does a loud shhhhhhh! with finger crossing her mouth. so my question is, do i complain about how rude she is and ask for this new policy to be shown? or not even bother they are right? just seems like everybody is rude im this dam hospital.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I would personally complain to the hospital administration. Write a letter to the President of the hospital and tell him/her of her rude behavior. You can also mention that your uncle was pretty upset after the dramatic scene which does not help his recovery from surgery. There are ways of saying things without insulting nor showing abusive behavior especially to patients. Don't approach it from an "I did something wrong" perspective but from and adult who was verbally attacked by one of their nurses. If you can find out the name of the person/nurse is even better.

BTW, I hope your uncle has a speedy recovery!

This is kind of an old thread, but...

Ask for the Patient Advocate immediately in cases like this, or any other case where you feel that a nurse's attitude or care is sub-par. The nurse may resist you, don't let him or her. There will be an Advocate on-call 24 hours a day. If they adamantly refuse, go to the nurses' station and ask another nurse. If they refuse, call the main hospital line and explain your issue, the switchboard should be able to assist you.

They may refer to it as the administrator on call instead, but they should understand what you mean immediately. Said administrator may reinforce the policy, but will be much nicer about it at the very least and receptive to your complaints about the nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread