Nosebleeds anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7slicetoastie

Oct 9, 2008
UK
Has anyone else had consistent nose bleeds since they stated ?

I have had my 901 for about 1 month now, use TW liquid and have been very happy about the switch from analogues.

Recently, probrably about a week ago I have been getting regular nosebleeds, literally once a day. Nothing too heavy just a little blood.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me ?

I have searched the forum but can't seem to find any other mention on this so I thought woudl throw this out to see if anybody else has experienced this.

Maybe blood pressue has increased with use ? Don't know not a doc

Cheers,

Slice

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
You should put the e-cig in your mouth, not up your nose ;)

But seriously; a lot of people tend to smoke quite different with an e-cigarette than they do with analog cigarettes. I also noticed that I was getting way too much nicotine in my blood when I started e-smoking. Start with the lowest level of nicotine you can get and when you feel it doesn't satisfy your needs then step up to a higher level. And remember the nicotine also enters your body even without inhaling the vapor. The process already starts as soon as the vapor is in your mouth so not inhaling doesn't mean you're not getting any nicotine in your blood.

eyespy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
UK
Could possible be the PG.

I've been vaping for about 2 weeks and for the first couple of days did not notice any detrimental effects. However between days 3 and 10 I noticed my mouth and nose getting a little sore - I put this down to the change in Ph affecting the mucus membrane.

Over the last few days the soreness has gone but I have found that my nose gets irritated if I smoke an analogue which it never did before I started vaping -- think I now know how a no smoker felt in a room full of smokers :rolleyes:

If you're worried go and see the Doc :thumb:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I had HORRIBLE nose bleeds when I quit smoking. I would wake up in the middle of the night and my nose would go numb and start bleeding for what seemed like hours ... (really only 5-10 minutes) This happened consistently for about 2-3 months.

I would also have dried bloody boogers all day long ...

I never went to the doctor for them, but they had me quite worried for some time. They eventually just stopped, and I have one every now and then, but for the most part, they are gone.

lwc

Nov 30, 2009
aether
yep i just registerd to chime in that , i have never ever in my life had a nose bleed , but after about 3 days in <been 2 weeks now i think since i started vapeing > ive had minor nose bleeds and bloody boogs , and some blood in spit , assume thats from sinus draineage , the first was useing vg , the more recent ones are pg , not pooring blood mind u but if blow nose , blood , spit , blood <coming from sinus im sure of it

this is with 18 mg liquid , i dont french inhale or anythign either , i doubt its due to the nicoteen , the liquid seems to be actauly drying out my sinus and nose , pg more so then the vg , but after a bit of vg i get this feeling like i just licked a candle

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
he he..not up my nose..must remember..not up my nose..

i think I should have stayed on 18mg for a while before I moved into the 36mg..the only reason I did it was the 18mg just didn't seem to take all of the edge off the cravings..

I think I should mix in some VG and see how that goes
if 18mg wasn't enough, why didn't u try 24mg instaed of moving on up to 36? i know some buds who said 18 wasn't enough, but when they tried 24 it was too much...

anyways, i noticed i get a bit of a stuffy nose n throat sometimes, no nose bleeds yet...i've tried pg & vg, i do not french inhale, but i have been smelling the vapor from certain sweet flavors more often lately...

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
And while this doesn't hold true for all areas of the world, the air dries out in the winter time... at least it does here in Pittsburgh, and I'm thinking that UK weather is fairly temperate like ours...

it could be a combination of many things, actually... so drink your water, snort some boiling potpourri and for heavens' sake... keep your damned fingers out of there!

nurse3766

Nov 25, 2009
virginia
first thing i thought of was dry air from heating
many ppl get nose bleeds in the winter
also the PG/VG are very drying which is basically the same as being in a room of very dry air. i wouldnt panic over it but i would see my doc if it persisted for a week or more or if it seemed to be copius amounts of blood.

i havent been vaping long enough to know if i will get a nose bleed or not.

i frequently check my pulse while vaping because im a nurse and im paranoid :) since my pulse is fine i dont bother checking my BP
a nose bleed could be from high blood pressure but its doubtful. some ppl know when they are having high BP episode but some ppl who have chronic high BP dont notice anything wrong so it varies from person to person.

HTN from web MD:
One of the most dangerous aspects of hypertension is that you may not know that you have it. There are generally no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you usually don't feel it. In fact, nearly one-third of people who have hypertension don't know it. The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis. This is especially important if you have a close relative who has high blood pressure.

If your blood pressure is extremely high, there may be certain symptoms to look out for, including:

* Severe headache
* Fatigue or confusion
* Vision problems
* Chest pain
* Difficulty breathing
* Irregular heartbeat
* Blood in the urine
* Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears

If you have any of these symptoms, see a doctor immediately. You could be having a hypertensive crisis that could lead to a heart attack or stroke.

i honestly believe its the PG/VG or the dry heat inside this time of year.

but dont blame me if you die... remember i said see your doctor :p
if your really concerned, get yr BP checked as someone suggested earlier. nicotine can raise BP and heart rate since it is a stimulant. for accurate BP results i suggest you vape immediately before the BP check or during if thats possible. nicotine quicky leaves yr system so if you wait 2 hrs to check yr BP it wont be accurate as far as whats happening when you actually vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread