Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Every so often I will put aside my power banks, my fancy mods, my DNAs, my RBAs/RDAs, and even my eGo's, and dig out my cig-a-like Greensmoke stick battery, which I keep for emergencies, and cartomizer(s) and have a nice (albeit brief: due to the tiny capacity of these batteries) vape session.

I find this to be very therapeutic for me for several reasons:

1. It brings back memories and gets me thinking.

2. It reminds me that it was with the help of these type of devices, with their meager vapor production, rather muted flavor, and short battery life, that I was able to quit smoking for good.

3. It is a humbling experience and I feel it keeps me grounded and helps me keep things in perspective.

4. It allows me to reflect on how much I've learned and how far I've come in my short 7 months of vaping and also reminds me that now matter how advanced or smart I may think I am as a vapor, no matter what I may have tried, there is always more to be learned and new things to experience.

This is why I find it beneficial for me. Now, there is a natural tendency, particularly among experienced vapers, to look down upon these cig-a-like/stick devices and disposables, and even upon the users of these devices, some of whom may well be completely satisfied with them. I think we must be careful and catch ourselves when this happens, and remember where we came from. It is unfair to compare this class of e-cig to anything else really. They are purposely designed to be discrete, stealthy, to mimic the look and feel of a real cigarette as closely as possible, and thereby help smokers transition to vaping and quit smoking. And I think they do what they are intended to do, for many (but not all) ex-smokers/vapers.

Anyone else find themselves doing this?

Whether it is pulling out that old three piece unit (if that's what you started with) or even older device, or even lighting up a real cigarette to remind yourself of the smell, taste, and smoke of analogs.

Last edited:

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Every so often I will put aside my power banks, my fancy mods, my DNAs, my RBAs/RDAs, and even my eGo's, and dig out my cig-a-like Greensmoke stick battery, which I keep for emergencies, and cartomizer(s) and have a nice (albeit brief: due to the tiny capacity of these batteries) vape session.

I find this to be very therapeutic for me for several reasons:

1. It brings back memories and gets me thinking.

2. It reminds me that it was with the help of these type of devices, with their meager vapor production, rather muted flavor, and short battery life, that I was able to quit smoking for good.

3. It is a humbling experience and I feel it keeps me grounded and helps me keep things in perspective.

4. It allows me to reflect on how much I've learned and how far I've come in my short 7 months of vaping and also reminds me that now matter how advanced or smart I may think I am as a vapor, no matter what I may have tried, there is always more to be learned and new things to experience.

This is why I find it beneficial for me. Now, there is a natural tendency, particularly among experienced vapers, to look down upon these cig-a-like/stick devices and disposables, and even upon the users of these devices, some of whom may well be completely satisfied with them. I think we must be careful and catch ourselves when this happens, and remember where we came from. It is unfair to compare this class of e-cig to anything else really. They are purposely designed to be discrete, stealthy, to mimic the look and feel of a real cigarette as closely as possible, and thereby help smokers transition to vaping and quit smoking. And I think they do what they are intended to do, for many (but not all) ex-smokers/vapers.

Anyone else find themselves doing this?

Whether it is pulling out that old three piece unit (if that's what you started with) or even older device, or even lighting up a real cigarette to remind yourself of the smell, taste, and smoke of analogs.
+1...........;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread