Not a big fan of the button

Status
Not open for further replies.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is the only thing I don't like about the Provari. There's not much feedback on the button. Sometimes it feels like it's pressed down but it doesn't fire. I'd like it to have some feedback when activated. I actually like the button on the Vamo more. Maybe this is a little nit pickey but it annoys me on a daily basis. A lot of times it causes me to pass up the function I'm trying to get to or I accidentally skip the voltage I was aiming at. I was hoping they would have changed this on the V2.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Comments noted. Sorry to hear you don't like the button. I haven't had a problem with either of my two Provari's buttons. I'd rather have a fire button that requires a fair amount of pressure so that it won't accidentally fire in my pants pocket. (I've had that happen before with a different mod; luckily I wasn't wearing the pants at the time.)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Compared to some other mods, I do have to press down more firmly in the center. Cons: If I'm not paying attention and don't press as hard or my thumb slips it stops firing; my thumb gets tired sometimes and I have to press with my fingers. Pros: It doesn't fire by accident in my pocket; I don't accidentally press another button at the same time (as I've often done with the Vamo); I can use the menu and change functions with one hand; I like big buttons :D

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just got mine, and I agree, it has a good feel to it, not some cheep piece of plastic, like everything else I have. I feel like I have something I can be proud to say I own one.

No troubles here with the fire button, I like it. Was using my eVic the other night while batteries were charging and realized how cheap everything feels about it. Guess I've been spoiled now by the ProVari :D

I will say the Kamry K101 I picked up feels quite solid, like a mech should :)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
You know mabe that is why joye tech put that puff counter on the evic, just to see how long the button lasts.

It does have a good feel to it. And I think the button is fine, but...

I would like it better if there was a click at the end of it, too. I prefer that sort of button feedback. However, it may not be possible to do that with a button that is designed for 1,000,000 presses.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the button is an electronic switch, not a mechanical, this is why there is no click. so it does not like sleepy fingers.

the button on the outside is not connected to anything. it sits on a rubber button that when pressed pushes a spring plate onto the contacts and unless pressed solidly wont fire (dont ask me how i know lol) but this type of contact will last for years and is pretty sealed from fluids.

Skinny Pete

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2012
Vegas
the button is an electronic switch, not a mechanical, this is why there is no click. so it does not like sleepy fingers.

the button on the outside is not connected to anything. it sits on a rubber button that when pressed pushes a spring plate onto the contacts and unless pressed solidly wont fire (dont ask me how i know lol) but this type of contact will last for years and is pretty sealed from fluids.

How do you know this?!?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It does have a good feel to it. And I think the button is fine, but...

I would like it better if there was a click at the end of it, too. I prefer that sort of button feedback. However, it may not be possible to do that with a button that is designed for 1,000,000 presses....

in one weekend.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I go back and forth, sometimes I think it's genius and some times I feel like it was an after thought. I just gave mine it's first iso alcohol enema today. The button feel improved tremendously. I can only assume that the button has just been picking up dust and gunk over time and it's been slowly affecting the feel of it. I guess it was gradual enough that I forgot how good it felt new. Now it's humming right along. I only have an issue passing up stuff in the menu if I lift my finger off and tap the button. If I keep my finger on the button and push, I have no problems with over shooting the setting I want. As far as button action and feel goes; I do like it a lot better than the Zmax and Vamo, the only other two vv/vw devices I have spent any time with.

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
I have 2 Provaris. One of them misfires occasionally (I assume because I didn't push the button hard enough) but the other one doesn't. So there is a difference in the sensitivity between the 2. The other thing I notice is that there is a little lag time when using the button to access the menu options. For example, sometimes I push the button 5 times and it goes to power up, sometimes it doesn't so I push it one more time and it goes past power up. I see the same thing happening when I am adjusting the power setting. They both seem to do this.

Neither issue is a big deal really, just worth noting.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
How do you know this?!?
P7040078.jpg

i dunno- just guessing :D

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
The button on the Provari is actually one of my favorite things about it. At first I was missing the click and it drove me crazy for a couple of hours. Then I started getting use to it. Now that I have been using it for a little while, I love the fact that it does not click.

My only suggestion, if you feel like it is misfiring and you are sure that the button is pressed, contact Provari. I am one of these people that will contact a company in a heartbeat if I am having an issue with a product and I base my future purchases on how well my issues have been handled.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread