Not enough nicotine when I diy mix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
O.K. So i usually smoke 1/2 pack/day of marlboro lights. There's .8 mg nic in each cig. So that 8 mg /day (IF i'm inhaling all the nicotine. which is highly debatable). SO i bought 6 mg juice thinking that would be o.k.
But if i mix 50% pg 6 mg nic juice with 40% plain vg and 10% lorann's, then the liquid is only 3 mg, right? So that means i'm going to have to vape twice as frequently as i used to smoke. Make sense?
WTH?

So the only way i'd get 6 mg nic with the liquid i bought is to use it alone plain. NO Flavorings! Yuck.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I love the added vapor I get from VG. If I were you I'd order some higher strength no flavor and use flavor and VG to cut it down to exactly the strength you want. Use the low strength juice you have now to make flavors that mix well with your higher strength stuff. Like right now I'm using mint e-liquid but adding a couple drops of orange e-liquid for some extra flavor. If you make the things you add just for extra flavor out of the low level liquid you have now you won't be changing the level of the higher strength stuff you use as much. Does that make any sense (I didn't get much sleep last night :) )?

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I understood you perfectly moon..But, then again I've only had 3 hrs of sleep and have been balancing on scaffolding all day..Maybe I'm just on the same level of sleep deprivation/tired lol

Niko, like she suggested I'd get some higher nic liquid for diying..But you could also drop the VG down to 20% with what you have and still gain some of it's benefits..That would boost your nic a little higher.. And some DIYers use VG in lesser amounts claiming that the PG increases the throat hit..That way you'll have a few mixes to determine which you prefer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread