Not feeling as satisfied today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfig

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
So today is day 3....well really as of 1030 day 4 with no analogs. I noticed today i've been not as satisfied with the vaping. Im thinking maybe the juice is getting old to me, or maybe my clearo's need replacing. How many cartos is typical to fill at once? I remember the first few days the flavor and TH i was getting was incredable and now It seems to be wearing off. Perhaps I'm over-vaping? Ideas?

Kristin

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

Congrats on quitting smoking! You can fill as many cartos as you want. Just remember to keep the rubber caps on them. So, that they don't dry out. Also, remember to top them off with 5 drops every 10-15 drags along with a few minutes rest. This will give them time to re-wick as well as having enough juice in them so that they don't go dry.

Also, there is a period of time in which your taste buds are going to be lacking. This is perfectly normal and they should heal and regrow in a few weeks. It's a good idea to get something strong like cinnamon or menthol juices to hold you through until you pass this period.

When you get your taste buds back. You will be enjoying the flavors that you have now as well as what you can eat. I was amazed on how well my meals tasted. Started thinking of some of the things I had lost due to the effects of smoking. Besides that, all aspects of your health will steadily improve as well.

Hope that helps.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
New atty's and carto's do vape better than old ones. But 4 days isn't that long so I'd think that you're just getting used to vaping and might need more TH now. I've been at this for quite a while and can tell you that I get days when nothing satisfies. I don't know what gear you're using but if you've got standard resistance stuff on an 3.4v rig it's likely to feel weak. An LR might be what you need. How many carto's to fill at once?, I wouldn't fill more than a day or two worth. When juice sits in them for a while it can start tasting kinda funky.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Have equipment in tiptop shape does help. Perhaps your atty is going bad, or maybe one of your cartos. Or perhaps you're running them too dry and they aren't wicking right. Otherwise, vaping is great, but it's not a magical solution. At least in my experience, it curbs the nicotine withdrawls, and is in and of itself a very pleasant experience. However, I still miss cigarettes. I still have the desire to smoke analogs. I suspect I probably will for a few weeks. Switching to vaping is a lifestyle change, and one should not expect it to come naturally overnight. It will take a while for the body to adjust.

Other things to consider. The ammonia they add to cigarettes, when combusted, essentially freebased the nicotine. That is, breaks off part of the structural make up, to make it bond better in our brain receptors. This process makes nicotine far more potent and addictive than it is in its original state. So you are still getting nicotine, but it's not exactly the same. Plus there are other addictive properties in cigarettes. And when it comes down to it, the first few days of vaping are like no other. Essentially I attribute this to new toy syndrome. You don't want to smoke the first few days, because that's time you could spend playing with your new toy; vaping.

So just give it time, I think it will get easier. The desire to smoke should stop. Just hold out. Also what percentage juice are you using? How often did you smoke? How many a day? I ask this because as I said before, even though the nicotine contained in cigs is much less than even the 8mg juice, it was much more potent than what you're getting now. When I first started out, I got 16mg juice. It was okay while I was still smoking, but I've been off tobacco for a few days now, and nothing less than 24mg satisfies me unless I'm doing some serious chain vaping.

Last edited:

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I got that too when I first started...The route I took to ensure that I didn't return to smoking, and is still the route, is that I am constantly trying to find ways to improve my vape. I usually always have 2-3 ordered items, that are staggered, so every week, something new is coming in the mail, be it a juice that has gotten great reviews, a new tank system etc. So when you get tired or bored with your set-up, you'll deal with it, knowing that the answer is in the mail and just around the corner. I find I'd rather be worrying about where the mailman is, then where my analogs are.

This may help you get through the harder days, and the harder days always pass, thought it seems so terrible at the time. You're just in a slump, and vaping will be good again...When I first stared out, a member told me to keep the rule of 3 in mind. Vapers normally hit rough patches at

3 days
3 weeks
3 months

Don't worry, it get's easier :)

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
OMG I didnt know that. Makes sense, but I've been waiting until I was empty to refill. TY!

The more you top off your cartos, the better it is in the long run...The only thing that keeps most people from topping off frequently, is because it becomes a pain, but keeping the filler consistently wet is better...If you burn a carto, it can't get unburned...I dunno how important it is for clearomizers tho...

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Someone else has suggested alternating between contrasting flavors - don't remember the examples she gave but, say, have one carto of maybe tobacco flavor and another some kind of tart fruit or something. I've tried this and find the result very enjoyable. Also as someone else here mentioned, if you have a big (450mah or up) battery and aren't already, try using a LR carto. Also a higher nic level might be in order for you, and/or possibly higher PG content. Just a few thoughts from my cave.

Good luck, congrats & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread