Not getting strong taste from my vape juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Still a noob to vaping but for some reason i'm not getting a strong taste from my vape juice and not sure what I'm doing wrong. Everyone says their juice is too sweet, we'll i get a faint taste. I've been off analogs for about 3 weeks so far.

My set up is a Vivi Nova w/ a zmax mod. my juice is from aav and vv. my zmax is set up between 3.5-5.0 volts and using 2.4 or 2.8 ohm.

Since being new to this, i've only let my juices steep for about a few days, and i've also tried the hot water method of speed steeping (heat cup of water in microwave and rest my glass bottles in them till cool). I don't put my juice in the microwave and I've also continually shake the bottles to continue to mix.

I'm also using 100% VC. The juices is normally get are like coffee, cake batter, chocolate and just got a fruit punch flavor yesterday. I've tried 70/30 and 60/40 mixes but the PG makes my nose run and i sneeze a lot.

Am i doing something wrong or just being impatient?

tokenfemale

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
San Francisco
2.4/2.8 at 3.5 feels really off to me - have you looked at a voltage chart? According to this: Helpful Chart For Pairing Atomizer Resistance To Battery Volts - Help It Broke! - Technical Issues - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum you could be running much, much higher.

I'm still a newbie, but I have definitely discovered that with certain flavors there is a HUGE shift once I get to the upper limit of the volts (I have a twist), I can taste more flavor, and often there are flavors that simply do not pop until I'm above the 4.0 mark (running 2.5 resistance, mostly).

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Hi CharlieBrown, we all have off periods with vaping, when the juice is not quite right. Be patient and see if it goes back to normal, soon.

Also, I'm not a big fan of steeping as I haven't found any difference whether the e-juice is steeped or not. As for putting the bottle in hot water, this is the first time that I have heard of that. E-juice should be kept in a cool, dry place, so doing the opposite of that, doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
If you were a smoker for a long time, it take awhile for your sense of taste to come back as well.
''

A buddy of mine started vaping about 6 months ago and he finally got his taste back. He told me he had a pizza a few days ago and he said it was the best tasting pizza he has ever had. And no, he doesn't vape anything else besides e-juice. lol

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi CharlieBrown, we all have off periods with vaping, when the juice is not quite right. Be patient and see if it goes back to normal, soon.

Also, I'm not a big fan of steeping as I haven't found any difference whether the e-juice is steeped or not. As for putting the bottle in hot water, this is the first time that I have heard of that. E-juice should be kept in a cool, dry place, so doing the opposite of that, doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Hi Jerry, where do you get your juice from and what is the mixture that you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread