Not getting the amount of vapor i want. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampman

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
The Swamps
Still only vaping and never going back to stank sticks but i have a minor problem.

Im using am ego 1100 mah (3.7-4.2 volt i think) battery and a protank2. The battery definitely last me all day but i just don't feel like im getting enough vapor from my hits. I am vaping pg50/vg50. Anything i can do to get more vapor? Variable voltage battery maybe?

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
The Protank can deliver good vapor and flavor but I would only say good, not great, as they come from the factory. You can buy 1.8 ohm replacement heads which will help a little. Changing your ratio to be higher VG will also help.

Honestly, I find that cartomizers provide much better vapor and flavor. Dripping atomizers are the next step upward, followed by rebuildables with mechanical mods.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions!

I will go higher VG with my next order and im also planing to get a variable voltage battery in the next week or two.

Does higher more VG affect flavor any?

Some say it mutes the flavor slightly. But you will get more vapor.

swampman

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
The Swamps
I feel like with Protank coils, you get the best results for a few days and then it diminishes. That is when you gotta clean the coils and then it should be better. You can replace the coils too.

Yeah i can tell a difference after 3 days it seems..I might have just chooched the heck out of this one. Im gonna take it apart tonight and look at it.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Im reading about dripping a lot on the forums and im interested..Also looking into rebuildables i know i need to research a lot more though.

It's not all as daunting as it seems really. I've only been vaping for about 2 1/2 months I think. Check my sig for clarification but I think I'm on day like 80 or so.
Anyway, for dripping your biggest concern is just to watch your nic level; because the TH will level you, trust me and choose a lower nic level to drip. I wasn't prepared and hit the floor my first drip, literally.
On RBA's, it's just learning how to build to your desired ohms. I've not been vaping long but I'm into RBA's already. Just go check out a few youtube vids and copy it. I would advise RIP Trippers vid for SS mesh, he breaks it down to really simple terms and explains what he's really doing.I've watched a lot of "rebuilding a genesis style RBA" vids and he was the one that made it easiest for me. Once you build a few, it gets rather easy, though maybe start on an RDA; they're just easier to build IMO. Here's RIP's video though just so you can see what's going on:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
VG has a sweeter, more noticeable flavor than PG, so it can have a muting effect. Learn Ohm's Law if you're going to get into variable voltage. There are pie charts you can easily find via google that you can save for easy go-to's before you fully absorb the equations you'll need. There are also charts on ECF that give you a starting point of Power/Energy for various resistances. Just remember, just because you're in the red doesn't mean you're melting your contact points. I'm always in the red on the charts on here, but as long as you're not getting a burnt taste, you're fine.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    eGo is a rather generic term. There are a bazillion different makers of eGo batteries, and they're by no means equal. So it would help to know which ones you have. The original Joyetech 1100 eGo batteries are regulated to 3.4v while others are unregulated 3.7v.

Personal opinion of course, but there have just been far to many accidents lately with eGo type batteries while charging for me to ever suggest one to someone new anymore. It's a shame, but the QC has just gotten that bad. IMO you are just far better off getting a PV that you take the battery out and put them on a separate charger. That way you can see precisely which battery cells you are choosing to use.

swampman

ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps
    It's not all as daunting as it seems really. I've only been vaping for about 2 1/2 months I think. Check my sig for clarification but I think I'm on day like 80 or so.
    Anyway, for dripping your biggest concern is just to watch your nic level; because the TH will level you, trust me and choose a lower nic level to drip. I wasn't prepared and hit the floor my first drip, literally.
    On RBA's, it's just learning how to build to your desired ohms. I've not been vaping long but I'm into RBA's already. Just go check out a few youtube vids and copy it. I would advise RIP Trippers vid for SS mesh, he breaks it down to really simple terms and explains what he's really doing.I've watched a lot of "rebuilding a genesis style RBA" vids and he was the one that made it easiest for me. Once you build a few, it gets rather easy, though maybe start on an RDA; they're just easier to build IMO. Here's RIP's video though just so you can see what's going on:

Thanks for the vid! I love to DIY and i have done so with electronic projects before so im familiar with the general principal and the tools..this is such an inspiring community :2cool:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
    Senior Moderator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2011
    eGo is a rather generic term. There are a bazillion different makers of eGo batteries, and they're by no means equal. So it would help to know which ones you have. The original Joyetech 1100 eGo batteries are regulated to 3.4v while others are unregulated 3.7v.

Personal opinion of course, but there have just been far to many accidents lately with eGo type batteries while charging for me to ever suggest one to someone new anymore. It's a shame, but the QC has just gotten that bad. IMO you are just far better off getting a PV that you take the battery out and put them on a separate charger. That way you can see precisely which battery cells you are choosing to use.

I think it's cheap batteries and cheap mismatched chargers that are the problem.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    You could also try using a lower resistance juice delivery device (carto, PT head, etc)
    Juice Components
    Flavoring usually about 5- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
    PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
    VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
    Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
    Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

Here's a chart that may help:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Thanks for the vid! I love to DIY and i have done so with electronic projects before so im familiar with the general principal and the tools..this is such an inspiring community :2cool:

Agreed. The vaping community has been one of the most helpful and inviting scenes I've ever been in. Damn I sound like a scene kid. lol
    Truth is, I just have a lot of hobbies and most of them have a somewhat "elitist" attitude of figure it out or you aren't worthy. Vapers are always more than willing to lend a hand though.

swampman

ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps

Yeah i kinda started to think that out about ego after i bought em and did a little more research..I want a PV so damn bad it hurts!!!!! Im thinking wood/brass steampunkish or sleek aluminum ultra modern?? Don't know..but i know i would love to build one!! I had no idea they even existed until i visited this site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread