Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
I recently got my Reo Grand from Rob and I have to say it is one sweet mod. I also bought 2 additional 1.5ohm LR atties with the Grand. I followed the suggestions from numerous treads on how to use the Reo's and am starting to get the hang of it. I am getting a large amout of vapor, however I'm not getting the flavor from my juices. Am I doing something wrong? :confused: Any help or suggestions would be graetly appreciated.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The sweeter juices show their flavor better with a 2.0 atty. I DIY using 100% VG juice and up the flavor to 20%. That way I can get all my flavor with the LR 1.8 attys. I have the LR306 and love the taste I get with them. Keep trying with different attys at different ohms. Or you might want to try a Cartomizer. They give great flavor at 2.0.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Two things, First, 1.5 ohms is a hot vape, too hot for most sweet juices. Second, low flavor is usually a flooded atty. If you are starting with 1.5ohm 306's, you are starting with the atty that has the least forgiveness for variance in juicing. Try some Boge 2ohm cartomizers. That should give you a good consistent hit without worrying about whether you have your atty technique down pat.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
I was wondering if I was flooding the atty. that is highly likely as this is just my second day with it. As for the atties, I don't know what brand they are. They are the ones that Rob sells on his site and the brand isn't really clear. I will try some 2.0ohm LR atties and cartos and see if that helps. Thanks for the advise!!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Based on what you were using in your Provari you were putting about 5.5 to 6.3 watts to you atty. Using an 18650 battery in your Reo and a 1.5 Ω atty you are putting out about 11.7 watts to that atty. As you can see there is a huge difference to the amount of heat the juice is being exposed to. It seems to be a popular consensus that the sweeter juices taste better with less heat than do the tobacco flavored juices. I would try a much higher ohm atty in the standard range (2.3ish or maybe higher and see how that works for you.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I was wondering if I was flooding the atty. that is highly likely as this is just my second day with it. As for the atties, I don't know what brand they are. They are the ones that Rob sells on his site and the brand isn't really clear. I will try some 2.0ohm LR atties and cartos and see if that helps. Thanks for the advise!!

I believe Rob has EastMall 510's on his site. I think that trying the cartos first is good. It will let you know if the higher ohm rating helps and also give you a chance to get familiar with the mod before you start working on your juicing skills. :)

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
I just found a ohm's calculator and put the numbers in. At 3.7v and 2.0ohms, it is 6.845watts. That is a lot closer to what I was using before. Going to order some 2.0ohm atties and give them a try. Thanks for pointing that out to me ltrainer. Also, thanks to everyone else for your help and suggestions. I'm going to love this Reo family!!!

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I recently got my Reo Grand from Rob and I have to say it is one sweet mod. I also bought 2 additional 1.5ohm LR atties with the Grand. I followed the suggestions from numerous treads on how to use the Reo's and am starting to get the hang of it. I am getting a large amout of vapor, however I'm not getting the flavor from my juices. Am I doing something wrong? :confused: Any help or suggestions would be graetly appreciated.

What flavors do you prefer to vape?

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just to expand (expound) a bit on what ltrainer said, and it's implications.

The batteries, in fact, do come off the charger at around 4.1-4.2v. On top of that, many of us swap the batteries out once they drop below 3.9v. So, if you're looking to figure watts, I'd used 4.05-4.1v to get a truer picture of what's you'll be seeing.

Personally, I find the 2.0-2.3Ω range gives me a nice slightly warm vape with just a tad of TH. The low resistance ones are too hot for my tastes, and I enjoy the sweeter juices, so flavor is better (to me) in that range of atty as well.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
Just to expand (expound) a bit on what ltrainer said, and it's implications.

The batteries, in fact, do come off the charger at around 4.1-4.2v. On top of that, many of us swap the batteries out once they drop below 3.9v. So, if you're looking to figure watts, I'd used 4.05-4.1v to get a truer picture of what's you'll be seeing.

Personally, I find the 2.0-2.3Ω range gives me a nice slightly warm vape with just a tad of TH. The low resistance ones are too hot for my tastes, and I enjoy the sweeter juices, so flavor is better (to me) in that range of atty as well.

Where do you get atties in that 2.3 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread