Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Dear juice chefs/vendors:

Nothing personal against y'all, but I'm done with the lot of you. I've enjoyed some of your creations, but I've been unimpressed with most of them. There are now dozens of juice vendors and every single one of you (that I've seen) is looking to milk as many dollars as you can from your customers rather than offer them a good product for a good value. I know you've got overhead to cover and your time is worth something too, but I don't have the disposable income to do business with any of you any more. I firmly believe your mark up has entered the realm of excessive. I can't afford to go out for steak and lobster every night and I can't afford to continue throwing away money just to learn your product is inconsistent and disappointing. Too many of you have left a bad taste in my mouth. Literally and figuratively.

Oh, and about your arguments about the cost of e-juice vs. the cost of analogs? I don't smoke any more, so the cost of analogs doesn't figure into my budgeting. Would you budget fuel costs and automotive insurance if you don't own a car?

So, I'm gonna vape away my remaining stock of sub-par, overpriced, premixed e-juice, and venture into DIY when it's almost gone. I might not ever be able to make any juice that I'll enjoy as much as the few good premixes that I've stumbled across, but I don't figure I'll make it worse than all the bad ones I've forked over good money to buy. And if I do, well, I wasn't in it for the money so the cost of some flavorings and base won't hurt much at all when I pour it down the drain.

Bye bye, juice vendors. Your market just shrank by one dissatisfied customer.

P.S. -- If your gonna charge me $15 or more plus inflated shipping for a 30mL bottle of juice that needs to sit on the shelf for a month or more before it even tastes good, I don't think you intend to stay in business for the long haul.

P.P.S. -- The above rant was for my sole benefit. I feel a little better having said it. If I wanted to take on the juice vendors, I would have posted this elsewhere, but I'm not looking to change anyone's mind or even argue about it. I just wanted to throw it out there for it's own sake. Peas.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Admittedly, my wife and I are in the same boat. She's in the process of learning how to DIY so we can stop overpaying so much. Fact of the matter is, the very vast majority of vendors are in it for business and business alone, and when wanting to help your fellow vaper is no longer a main priority you start to get overpriced.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Testify, brother. The only juice I still buy pre-made is BWB Malty Toffee, and I'm most of the way to replicating it with DIY and it too will fall by the wayside when I have it nailed.

Cost is a valid factor, but for me DIY's just too damn fun and personally rewarding, and I can't justify buying premade when I can do it myself.

Vegastar

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I wish I had the space to set up a little lab myself. Instead, I just tend to order from vendors I know hold quality. I'll sample a few things if I'm trying something new, but alien visions and copper creek are vendors that never let me down for the money, so I stick with them. There are a lot of mediocre money grabbers in the world, unfortunately.

Best of luck in your DIY adventure!

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Bravo!!! Bravo!!!
clap1.gif

I recintly ordered some DIY supplies for the exact same reason.
banana-ninja.gif
To help release me from the clutches of some of these juice vendors.

There is nothing worse than when you do find the juices you prefer and then they dont taste anything alike from one batch to the other.
spank1.gif
Then your stuck with 30+mls of
censored.gif
you cant vape
rippedhand.gif

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I am with ya Mudflap, I have a shelf of juice, that is bleh....mostly Viking Vapor juice, they were cheap but they all turned black after 2 weeks and taste horrid and will glog and kill a carto or atty in nothing flat!! I do not get any nic tingle off of them ever, and when I have tried to vape them I start wanting a cig bad, like there is no nic in them or not the stated amount. I often have wondered if I have bad juice and am seriously considering disposing of it, as I would not want to pass this off to someone else!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have been vaping for about 9 months and mixing my wifes and my juice for about 3 months. I never thought I'd be mixing my own, but when you start thinking of the difference in costs, and the fact that I have what I want, when I want, and how I want it, well, ya just gotta do it. It only take a couple minutes to whip 30 ml's.

tricci

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I feel you! You put it so well. So much juice is crap. I can't believe how much they charge then soak you for shipping, rip off!

I have tried my hand at DIY and all my juice pretty much tastes bad. I made a couple of good ones, but just a couple. Even though I hate paying for premixed I will continue to anyway. However, I worked out a pretty good system. I buy the 180ml bottles from Bluemist. $36.00 for 180mls isn't too bad, it's $6.00 per 30 mls (shipping included). I vape 4 mls a day so one big bottle lasts 45 days. When I have 3 big bottles of Bluemist juice then I'll buy small quantities of juices I like better (Alien Visions, Want2Vape, Vapor Station). I have a strict $36.00 a month juice limit. So all in all I spend $432.00 a year on juice, which isn't too bad. Though, not as good as DIY pricing.

If anyone ever comes up with a recipe that comes real close to: Boba's Bounty, Vapor Station Phoenix, Want2Vape Red Pirate, Gorilla Juice, Hype, or Want2Vape Acid Blonde I'm all ears.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I"ve only ordered from 4 places in the last 2 years :)
One of them screwed me on my first and last order from them so its down to three now.

They are all good ones, two with free shipping and all reasonable priced.

I tried DIY and its not for me .... I'm lazy. But I don't like getting ripped or paying for junk so I just stick with a few flavors I love.

I don't try anything new anymore unless someone gives it to me.

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
I often have wondered if I have bad juice and am seriously considering disposing of it, as I would not want to pass this off to someone else!

I dumped a bunch of my stuff, I did not think it was worth the postage to even give to some unsuspecting soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread