Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Thanks Kazz- too bad I just bought 100ml of AVE....but I'll definitely try theirs when I run low again.

You're welcome. These flavors are very easy to mix and so far, I haven't found any to be unvapable. If you are into more than tobaccos, they also have some fruit flavors and such.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm really, really liking the vaping Zone super concentrated flavorings. I don't do tobacco flavors much, although I did order a French Pipe flavor so I can make up some for a friend. I also got an RY4 flavoring that I haven't tried yet. BUT....I absolutely LOVE their Peach flavor. It's just perfect as is (no sweetener or anything needed for me) and it is so concentrated that I use 5 drops in a 10ml bottle and I'm good to go. Doesn't even need to steep. I found their Blueberry a little tart for me and have ended up adding waffle flavoring and a little sweetener to tone it down, but some may like it better than the sweeter blueberries that are out there. Also, I really like their apple flavor, and their strawberry. I'm a fruity vapor. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there....I have been really impressed with these new super concentrates.

theywillnotsing

Apr 20, 2012
Dallas
Are there any good sites for instructions on how to do this well/properly? Also ingredient lists for specific popular premix flavors? I am intrigued and your Outcry has sparked my enthusiasm. I just started with this whole deal. Got my grand today and been vaping Hype from ave and it's so good, but I have already spent about 100 $ on juice and I know I can't do that forever, so I think I'll join you in the DIY initiative as quick as I can so I don't have to be one of the people who says they wish they had done it sooner. Sorry if this has already been talked about, I am about to get off work and didn't have time to search.

I'm really, really liking the Vaping Zone super concentrated flavorings. I don't do tobacco flavors much, although I did order a French Pipe flavor so I can make up some for a friend. I also got an RY4 flavoring that I haven't tried yet. BUT....I absolutely LOVE their Peach flavor. It's just perfect as is (no sweetener or anything needed for me) and it is so concentrated that I use 5 drops in a 10ml bottle and I'm good to go. Doesn't even need to steep. I found their Blueberry a little tart for me and have ended up adding waffle flavoring and a little sweetener to tone it down, but some may like it better than the sweeter blueberries that are out there. Also, I really like their apple flavor, and their strawberry. I'm a fruity vapor. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there....I have been really impressed with these new super concentrates.

You have to try the Blackberry. It is stellar! I am vaping it right now.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You have to try the Blackberry. It is stellar! I am vaping it right now.

Thanks! I'll try it....thinking of putting in an order soon, anyway. I love blackberries (in real life)....we have blackberry patches on my sister's land right behind my house, and we pick blackberries every year and put up lots and lots of blackberry jelly that we then give away to everyone we know. LOL

Have you tried the new ecigexpress flavorings? They're super concentrated, too. I got a few and they seem to be good, too. I haven't had as much time to test all of them out, but I will. They're even cheaper than VZ flavorings, but just as concentrated. I just like (in general) the idea of adding a few drops of flavoring to my nic base rather than measuring out 15-20% each time. Keeps it simple. I mix a lot of these "on the fly" meaning 10 minutes before I want something to vape. I'm not that picky about my e-juice, and have really been impressed with how easy it is to drip a few drops of something into a bottle of my pre-mixed nic juice and loading up. DIY has never been so easy.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Not knocking juice vendors as some have quality juices. However, for me, it's just more economical to DIY. Plus, you have full control over nic strength, flavors, sweetness etc.

The other day I placed an order for some atties and decided to try some newer flavor juices. I couldn't believe the prices. $3.99 for a 10ml bottle. I used to pay that much for a 30ml of DeKang.

I was shocked at the price because it's been a little over 1 and 1/2 years since I purchased pre-made juice. For an initial cost of around $250 for nicotine, flavorings, bottles; I made enough juice to last that long.

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
Im very new to diy but im smart and I know im capable of doing this but I need some good information about recipes, supplies I need, basic how to's for an experienced vaper that wants to start out diy juices. Thanks for any help!

Many Blessings for a safe & Happy New Year from the Smokefree Henning Household to Yours
!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Kelly, DIY is fun and pretty easy and I have no doubt you can do it. There is a great thread on this forum about DIY liquid....how to do it, where to get the supplies, recipes, etc. that you need to read, read, read. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/ Here are more:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/diy-recipe-room.html also http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/74109-guide-diy-flavoring.html?highlight=DIY and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5485-diy-advice-new-diyers.html?highlight=DIY. If you just do a search for "DIY" you'll be overloaded with information. A good place to buy all the supplies in one place is Wizard Labs

There are apps you can download to do the calculations....just Google e-juice calculators. Good luck.

Jan

Last edited:

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I'm really, really liking the Vaping Zone super concentrated flavorings. I don't do tobacco flavors much, although I did order a French Pipe flavor so I can make up some for a friend. I also got an RY4 flavoring that I haven't tried yet. BUT....I absolutely LOVE their Peach flavor. It's just perfect as is (no sweetener or anything needed for me) and it is so concentrated that I use 5 drops in a 10ml bottle and I'm good to go. Doesn't even need to steep. I found their Blueberry a little tart for me and have ended up adding waffle flavoring and a little sweetener to tone it down, but some may like it better than the sweeter blueberries that are out there. Also, I really like their apple flavor, and their strawberry. I'm a fruity vapor. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there....I have been really impressed with these new super concentrates.

I like the VZ RY4. That's all I've ever tried from them. I think they have a 15% sale going on now for a few days. I still use Hong Kong Dekang pre-made juice, that I get really super-cheap direct from Hong Kong as my main juice but I like the ecigexpress (hangseng "essence" RY4) the Perfumer's or Flavor's apprentice "Double-RY4" flavoring as well as the VZ's "Hangsen RY4." The Perfumers/Flavor Apprentice "Asian" RY4 I didn't like so much, but they warn you on the site that to some folks for some reason it has a "citrus/fruity" taste. I supplement my dekang DK-TAB with this stuff, (usually 6-10 drops in the 6ml REO Grand bottle, depending on my mood and taste buds.)

Thanks,

Norman

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Kelly, I didn't mean to just throw a bunch of threads at you.....but I'm not sure how basic to get. There's just so much to it (although it IS easy....) that even those of us who do it all the time are still trying new flavors and combinations and sellers, etc. BASICALLY you buy nicotine liquid and then dilute it with PG or VG or a combination of the two down to the percentage you vape, then you flavor it. There are recipes and formulas that people love/try/modify.... It's not hard, but there are lots of variables that can come into play and people's tastes are so subjective that it's hard to find THE best recipe for anything. :)

You can buy nicotine liquid and PG and VG through Wizards Labs....and flavorings. We all have different favorite flavorings and places to buy them. If you have some specific questions, it'll be easier to answer them than to just start somewhere. What nicotine level do you vape and what flavors do you like? We could start there.....

Jan

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
Thanks very much for all the info. Ill begin reading in the morning but to answer your questions I vape at mostly around 18mg nicotine and I prefer my own particular base to be a premade menthol from v4l believe it or not its the most perfect menthol flavor ive ever tasted and very important info is that I intend to keep using this as my base. It has very very subtle coffee and smooth almost creamy vanilla undertones. Thus for a while now ive been buying JAVA, VELVET VANILLA & FRENCH VANILLA LATTE from Velvet vapors and although its great its just too expensive. So my goal truly is to create my very own additive juices to mix with my base an dc I would love to even infuse a few of these flavors organically right into the pg like the rough ground coffee and vanilla beans I already have plenty of. . As for the rest I need a creamy addition and a sweetener. Currently I use the sweetener from altcig.com. its ok but I think think theres probably something better out there. Also important info: I prefer my final product to be no lower in PG than 2/3 and VG no greater than han 1/3. Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate anyone that spends even a minute of their time supplying me with info I need so very badly..

Many Blessings for a safe & Happy New Year from the Smokefree Henning Household to Yours
!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks very much for all the info. Ill begin reading in the morning but to answer your questions I vape at mostly around 18mg nicotine and I prefer my own particular base to be a premade menthol from v4l believe it or not its the most perfect menthol flavor ive ever tasted and very important info is that I intend to keep using this as my base. It has very very subtle coffee and smooth almost creamy vanilla undertones. Thus for a while now ive been buying JAVA, VELVET VANILLA & FRENCH VANILLA LATTE from Velvet vapors and although its great its just too expensive. So my goal truly is to create my very own additive juices to mix with my base an dc I would love to even infuse a few of these flavors organically right into the pg like the rough ground coffee and vanilla beans I already have plenty of. . As for the rest I need a creamy addition and a sweetener. Currently I use the sweetener from altcig.com. its ok but I think think theres probably something better out there. Also important info: I prefer my final product to be no lower in PG than 2/3 and VG no greater than han 1/3. Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate anyone that spends even a minute of their time supplying me with info I need so very badly..

!

A good creamy flavor is Bavarian Cream. I find with that I get enough sweet in my mix. Marshmallow flavor and Cotton candy are good for sweetness plus they add an undertone to your mix.

I usually use at least three flavors in my juice.
One from each of these groups:

Fruit or Candy: Caramel, Cherry, Butter Rum, Banana
Creamy: Bavarian Cream, Vanilla Creme, Eggnog, Horchata
Nut, Tobacco, or other: Brandy, Jamaican Rum, Praline, Hazlenut, Tobacco, Menthol, Coconut

Following that combination I have made some juices that are very yummy!

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
"Fruit or Candy: Caramel, Cherry, Butter Rum, Banana
Nut, Tobacco, or other: Brandy, Jamaican Rum, Praline, Hazlenut, Tobacco, Menthol, Coconut"

More than a few of my favs in your list Karen.

As far as premade juice, a long time ago in my first ecig kit there was some prefilled carts. At the same time I looked into diy juice and decided to run with it. Haven't looked back since. In fact, I just measure out the nic and eyeball the rest. If I don't like the taste I just add a little of this or a little of that. Eventually I'll end up with something I like. LOL, don't think I've ever tried the exact same thing since I mix in very small batches. BTW, nic juice seems more economical now than before and higher strengths too. Way back, I think 36mg was about as high as you'd want to go. Anything higher was thought of a bit of a risk. Now 100mg nic is all over the place.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
"Fruit or Candy: Caramel, Cherry, Butter Rum, Banana
Nut, Tobacco, or other: Brandy, Jamaican Rum, Praline, Hazlenut, Tobacco, Menthol, Coconut"

More than a few of my favs in your list Karen.

As far as premade juice, a long time ago in my first ecig kit there was some prefilled carts. At the same time I looked into diy juice and decided to run with it. Haven't looked back since. In fact, I just measure out the nic and eyeball the rest. If I don't like the taste I just add a little of this or a little of that. Eventually I'll end up with something I like. LOL, don't think I've ever tried the exact same thing since I mix in very small batches. BTW, nic juice seems more economical now than before and higher strengths too. Way back, I think 36mg was about as high as you'd want to go. Anything higher was thought of a bit of a risk. Now 100mg nic is all over the place.

I use to label every bottle I made. But did not label the bottle in the REO. I ended up just mixing whatever was left in the REO bottle with another juice. I would get great mixes!! Now I make several bottles of juice, no label, and never know what I am vaping. It really helps that all of my ingredients blend together well.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Just thought I would share. I'm so excited cause I finally rounded out my stable of DIY recipes. I've had two go-to's for the last few months but still wanted a couple more. I tried several different flavors but just couldn't find what I was looking for. I got so frustrated that I order a few bottles of one of my old favorites, but sadly when I tried it, it just didn't live up to my memory.

So on the suggestions form folks in the DIY threads I got banana cream and apple pie from TFA and wow do they ever hit the spot!

So now I think I can stop experimenting. I've got one flavor for each of my four Reos.

A super chilling peppermint blast
A lightly sweet vanilla mint
A creamy, decadent banana & peanut butter
AND, a sticky sweet apple pie a la mode

I'm all set now, that is, until I get another Reo...

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
This thread has convinced me to try making ejuice, if for nothing else than to control the flavor & some some $, plus I can make & store the juice in glass without it ever touching plastic.

When you DIY juice, do you still steep it? What is the proper handling of DIY juice from the time its been created until the time you fill up your vape?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
This thread has convinced me to try making ejuice, if for nothing else than to control the flavor & some some $, plus I can make & store the juice in glass without it ever touching plastic.

When you DIY juice, do you still steep it? What is the proper handling of DIY juice from the time its been created until the time you fill up your vape?

I let mine sit with the cap on in a dark, cool place for at least 3-4 weeks to meld the flavors. You can take the cap off, some do.

I can drip some and see what it tastes like after making, usually it is decent. Some taste really strong and not ready at all. You will be able to tell with just a few drops dripped and vaped.

The sweet and creamy flavors that I love like to have a long time to just sit and get better!

I have helped a few folks out with getting some good DIY juice. The toughest part is waiting awhile before getting a sample. Some just toss it if it does not taste right minutes after making. I say just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread