Not happy with most recent aga batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So I got another AGA-T2 couple days ago and its different. The tolerances are sloppier. The good one, orangy-red o-rings inside. The bad one has clear soft silicone rings with a lip on the inside. Top cap is loosey-goosey, center pin gets pushed up by 510+post and half blocks draw into drip tip. The new o-ring substitutes are recessed into the stainless steel platform, so now there is a ridge in the bottom of the top (platform). All the holes are drill through this area and boring an eighth inch hole is much harder to do. The holes are also closer to the center (hot top leg complaints), but that leaves almost no room for enlarging them. TRY TO GET THE PREVIOUS VERSION! ASK!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So I got another AGA-T2 couple days ago and its different. The tolerances are sloppier. The good one, orangy-red o-rings inside. The bad one has clear soft silicone rings with a lip on the inside. Top cap is loosey-goosey, center pin gets pushed up by 510+post and half blocks draw into drip tip. The new o-ring substitutes are recessed into the stainless steel platform, so now there is a ridge in the bottom of the top (platform). All the holes are drill through this area and boring an eighth inch hole is much harder to do. The holes are also closer to the center (hot top leg complaints), but that leaves almost no room for enlarging them. TRY TO GET THE PREVIOUS VERSION! ASK!

not that it matters maybe, but where did you obtain said device?

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
From what I remember, the introduction 'grommet' style had more to do with tube breakage during assembly @ the factory. Many vendors have been complaining about the change.

FYI: UD (youde) actually manufactured the previous version (o-ring tank seals) plus bored larger wick holes for a recent co-op. All it took was consistent communication with Rep and referrals back & forth to 'engineering' (LoL). They are even moar awesome than the previous (original) -T2 version and the original AGA-T.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread