Not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanna

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
They just said on TV that the bill has already passed the house and it will most likely pass in the Senate next week, and if it passes the yo yo will sign it. If that happens what will we do? I finally have something that has let me quit smoking those damn cigarettes.

Apparently they also want to regulate nicotine. I wonder if Obama will continue to smoke after his neat and tidy little regulations? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
This is actually pretty good write up. The author also writes about e-cigs:

Perhaps most absurd is the bill's treatment of new and potentially safer products, such as electronic cigarettes. The evidence is still out on whether electronic cigarettes, which deliver nicotine with water vapor rather than smoke, would actually help wean people from tobacco cigarettes. But why would Congress want to ban potentially safer products and continue to allow the deadliest nicotine product (conventional cigarettes) to remain on the market?

Finally someone at least looks at potential benefits of vaping.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
All good things come to an end especially if the government isn't making money off of it. Now people will have to resort to underground nicotine extraction labs. The govt thought e-cigs where dangerous, wait until the start seeing these experiments. Nothing makes any sense to me on what they are doing anymore and most will agree that things are spinning out of control. Our rights are being taken from us more and more everyday.. SAD!

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Isn't it funny, in this democratic republic that we sit and wait for our rulers to decide what we are or are not allowed to do... As though waiting for Mom and Dad to decide our punishment after a childish mis-step.
Seems it hasn't been a democratic republic for a very long time... after all

Isn't this supposed to be the country that has a constitution that reads not what the people are allowed to do, but what the government is NOT allowed to do?

We need to start commercials, magazine ads, radio ads and all other sorts of advertisements that have kids asking the government to not force their parents to go back to smoking tobacco cigarettes because the government wants their tax revenue.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
All good things come to an end especially if the government isn't making money off of it. Now people will have to resort to underground nicotine extraction labs. The govt thought e-cigs where dangerous, wait until the start seeing these experiments. Nothing makes any sense to me on what they are doing anymore and most will agree that things are spinning out of control. Our rights are being taken from us more and more everyday.. SAD!

As I recall, the government also banned booze a few years back (was called prohibition) but that did not stop booze from being sold in this country. I have a feeling e-cigs will be the same thing. I'm not worried, as there are vast number of distributors who will gladly sell e-cigs and e-liquid to customers in the US dispite the ban.

In fact, a ban on e-cigs may even backfire on the FDA, as customer demand is so high for the device, the government will have yet another money pit to deal with. All the money spent on enforcement and custom seisures. They can't monitor every single package that enters the US on a daily basis. So I'm pretty sure your order of e-liquid or your next e-cig kit will make it to you just fine, even if congress makes it a felony to own one.

Plus, to ban the e-cig itself would not make sence, as it's a vaporizer which also delivers non nicotine vapor. I think it will eventually fall on nicotine carts and e-liquids and not the e-cig itself. Because banning e-cigs is like banning baseball bats. They can be used to hit a grand slam home run, or to cave somebodys skull in. Why deprive my right of playing baseball because some ahole used it to kill somebody with?

And yes, put me on your contact list as well. I will be your #1 customer.

YouTube - Screw the FDA ban on e-Cig. I speak out

Last edited:

E-gazm E-liquid

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Houston, TX
www.ElixirLiquid.com
The more I read about this ban the more ...... I get! Please check out this excellent article at:

Proposed E-Cigarette Ban Pushed In The Name Of America’s Health Actually A Backdoor Boost To Pharmaceutical Companies | E Cig Info Wars

This is a very thought provoking article that stands up for our rights!!

"Who should our lawmakers and the FDA be listening to? Should we listen to a non-medically licensed politician whose motives align themselves with the big pharmaceutical companies he protects or should we listen to the health professionals that are all but screaming for us to actually pay attention to our country’s real health issues?

When a government is in the pockets of private companies, we run dangerously close to abandoning our democratic process and a government that will sacrifice the health of its citizens is a government by the money, for the money. Let’s tell our politicians that the people are the government and politicians can only ignore their constituents for so long before their game runs out."

SS109

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Marana, AZ - USA
Isn't this supposed to be the country that has a constitution that reads not what the people are allowed to do, but what the government is NOT allowed to do?
That was the idea. Doesn't seem to be working out for us here lately does it?

We need to start commercials, magazine ads, radio ads and all other sorts of advertisements that have kids asking the government to not force their parents to go back to smoking tobacco cigarettes because the government wants their tax revenue.
Blitzing the media is a sure fire way to change things. It works for every political lobby group out there so why not us? It is the right idea but unfortunately how do you fund it? It doesn't seem as if the E-cig manufacturers are going to do it and I doubt the suppliers will either. That leaves people like you and me. We don't have the kind of money it takes to pull it off.

As I recall, the government also banned booze a few years back (was called prohibition) but that did not stop booze from being sold in this country. I have a feeling e-cigs will be the same thing. I'm not worried, as there are vast number of distributors who will gladly sell e-cigs and e-liquid to customers in the US dispite the ban.
Yep, that worked out great didn't it? It led to the rise of organised crime. People like Al Capone. Thanks politicians.

Because banning e-cigs is like banning baseball bats. They can be used to hit a grand slam home run, or to cave somebodys skull in. Why deprive my right of playing baseball because some ahole used it to kill somebody with?
Hey, it is the same argument for firearms. They, the politicians, don't listen there so don't expect them to in this case either.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Blitzing the media is a sure fire way to change things. It works for every political lobby group out there so why not us? It is the right idea but unfortunately how do you fund it?

Easy. Increase our numbers.
Everywhere you vape, curious people will ask you questions.

Hand them cards like I have:
ecigcardpic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread