Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Also I think the forum was down for a couple hours last night... I started getting one of those cloudflare error pages a bit after midnight, and it never did come back before I went to bed. On my alerts this morning, there's a msg-time gap of about 2 hrs.

But yeah, it's seemed extremely dead round here recently. Getting a lot more books read. :D

Andria

Reactions: EBates

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Are things quieting down because there are fewer newbies showing up? The forum owner could inform us about that or may be there's a way to figure that out from member lists?
Compared to when I started a couple of years ago the gear newbies get going with is so much better now that I think they get settled into their happy vaping place much more quickly than they used to.

For me the wait for the FDA shoe to drop is positively maddening. I always do better when I know for certain what I am up against. This waiting is just painful.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The waiting is painful.

Ha ha, these days when I get a PM from a newbie s/he wants to know how to build for 200W :eek: Sorry, friend, you're asking the wrong member :D

Or, someone asks *me* what's a good tank for high-VG. :facepalm: How the heck should I know?!?! The only tanks I know in the first place are Kayfun Lite Plus... using 87% PG! :facepalm:

But I seem to be permanently spoiled now with my Achilles; I can't make a Kayfun vape well to save my life. All I can taste is cotton.

Andria

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I've been wondering why things seem so quiet lately. Used to have several pages of new threads daily...now, not so much. When I started, there were no vape shops within 40 miles. Today we have 4 full fledged shops and several smoke shops that sell starter kits. It may be that newbies just have more help available from stores and peers...not just the internets.

Reactions: EBates

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been wondering why things seem so quiet lately. Used to have several pages of new threads daily...now, not so much. When I started, there were no vape shops within 40 miles. Today we have 4 full fledged shops and several smoke shops that sell starter kits. It may be that newbies just have more help available from stores and peers...not just the internets.
There are a couple of shops around me I visit occasionally and they let me hang out some. They are not seeing many newbies. What I see is regulars who buy e liquid and that's the heart of the business. If the growth of newbies is continuing may be it's happening on line with the help of personal friends and family.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I think on the FDA regulations front, everyone is just waiting to see what the OMB/OIRA does with what the FDA submitted. It's been over 90 days, but that doesn't seem like it was an actual deadline in this case.

So we wait...

As much as I'd like to see this thread deleted :lol: ... the 'deadline' has been characterized by OMB, FDA, OIRA as a 'soft deadline' in many places. The average from OIRA to Federal Registry, iirc was like 53 days. But this isn't an 'average' issue.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Maybe it's like the final phase of a trial. Closing statements are in, now we are just waiting for the jury to come back with a verdict. Could be a long wait.

I believe the longer the jury is out bodes well for our side. Maybe, the folks @ OIRA are actually checking out some of the Garbage they have been fed.
Just sayin'

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I believe the longer the jury is out bodes well for our side. Maybe, the folks @ OIRA are actually checking out some of the Garbage they have been fed.
Just sayin'
I hope you're right. I know that if my job was to ensure something didn't have major negative economic impacts, and I received information from multiple sources detailing how a large source of economic growth would be wiped out, which even the FDA admitted to in a roundabout way, I'd think twice.

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
I think OMB got more info than they counted on (or wanted) on the POSITIVES of vaping. Let us hope they are bumfuddled and are reconsidering the prospects. From what I know the FDA didn't change much from their stance last year that got kicked back. I think the quietness has to do with the "wait" of the OMB. There are a lot less newbs in general, but that has the possibility to change regardless of OMB. The media (as we all know) keeps making sure vaping is portrayed in a negative light, that is not encouraging to anyone wanting to quit smoking.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I know that if my job was to ensure something didn't have major negative economic impacts, and I received information from multiple sources detailing how a large source of economic growth would be wiped out, which even the FDA admitted to in a roundabout way, I'd think twice.
It seems kinda obvious when stated that way.
And what we're hoping for is that the obvious becomes the reality.

But this is government work we're talking about.
And we can only hope that what is obvious is something they care about.

There ARE some outside influences that would need to be ignored...
(MONEY)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly. We have 100 years of collectivist momentum to overcome. Who cares what party or label you put on it. That's the issue. Or we, the worms, can bicker. Plenty of birds and plenty of fish to pick at our bones.

Good luck all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread