Not new to vaping but my vape is hard to pull through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiet123

Apr 5, 2018
So I’m not new to vaping I’ve been vaping for about a year and half now and I know a decent amount but I cannot figure out what the problem here is. I have a smok prince tank on a t priv and it’s very hard to pull through and my coil seems to burn very easily almost as if there is something blocking it. I tried to adjust the airflow and change the mode to hard and it’s slightly better but when I’m pulling through a lot of the time you can hear the juice pulling through and I get no smoke. I’ve changed this coil twice before and it’s a reoccurring issues. There’s also very little flavour coming out compared to my friend who has the exact same tank as mine and I don’t think the juice is the problem so can anyone help me figure out what’s wrong? My ohms and watts are correct aswell.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Could be a number of things. Off the top of my head...

Have you cleaned the air chamber of your tank? Take a Q-Tip down deep into your mouthpiece and swirl it around. You'll probably be surprised at the amount of gunk that accumulates which might be obstructing your airflow.

Have you ever cleaned the entire tank? A good soak and rinse might do it some good. Take a toothbrush to the air control ring if it has one.

It sounds like your coils become flooded. "I can hear the juice pulling through and I get no smoke." Gurgling sound?

VAPING TIPS:

Flooding is a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. The definition of flooding is getting juice into the air passage of the tank. This can include any point between the mouth piece and the very bottom part that connects to the battery. Each tank has holes in that air passage, where the wicks passthrough. This is required for the device to work properly. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibility for flooding. The trick with flooding, is knowing how to avoid it. I’ll explain a little more, but a few common causes for flooding a tank include: improper filling, over filling, pulling too hard when hitting the device, and the temperature can even play a role and/or damage.

Before I get into the explanation, let me explain how an e-cig works a little more in depth. Nearly every tank has a wick that is used to absorb the juice in the tank. This wick cuts through the air passage. Each wick has a piece of wire that wraps around it into a coil. When you activate the button on the battery, you send electricity through the wire. As the wire heats up, it vaporizes the juice that is in the wick.

Improper Filling: When filling your tank, you have to be careful not to get juice into the center tube of the tank. This center tube is the air passage. When you take a draw, air comes from the bottom of the tank, through the air passage and into your mouth. If you get juice into this passage way, your tank is flooded.

Over Filling: If you over fill a tank (specifically a top coil like the ones that come with the starter kits and gift boxes), the wicks can become over saturated and just like a rain cloud, they will leak into the air passage. Once this happens, you have a flooded tank.

Pulling Too Hard: As I mentioned the wicks absorb the juice in the tank. As you pull on the device, you cause a vacuum effect that pulls juice into the wicks. If you pull too hard, you can pull in more juice then the coil can vaporize. If this happens, the juice leaks into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Temperature: E-Juice is a viscous liquid. Which means that as it warms up, it will thin out. And in the opposite form, it will thicken when it gets cold. When it thins, it is more difficult for the wicks to hold back the thin juice. This usually causes the wicks to over saturate and, you guessed it, it will leak into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Damage: There are o-rings and gaskets used that can wear out with usage. If certain ones fail or get lost, leaking will occur, in turn flooding the air passage and causing you to have a flooded tank. Other than accidentally losing something, damage can occur when its carried in a purse or a pocket or by over tightening the tank to the battery. Over tightening is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates.

Last edited:

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Simple ideas first. Are you batteries charged and is the mod firing? As others have advised, check your air intake. Is is blocked, debris (lint, etc) obstructing or a piece of an o-ring down in the base? With a new coil, unprimed, no juice in the tank, can you take a normal draw?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I'd say you've probably got gunk somewhere, I'd start with a thorough disassembly and cleaning, including the drip tip. Make sure all your seals (O-rings) are present, and where they should be as you reassemble. A failure in the vacuum seal somewhere could be causing vape blockage, etc. depending on where it might be. But if a tank is not sealed well, it won't vape correctly either, so I would check your 0-rings carefully. If that doesn't help if you have a good vape shop near you, they may be able to help.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Storm52

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I’m not new to vaping I’ve been vaping for about a year and half now and I know a decent amount but I cannot figure out what the problem here is. I have a smok prince tank on a t priv and it’s very hard to pull through and my coil seems to burn very easily almost as if there is something blocking it. I tried to adjust the airflow and change the mode to hard and it’s slightly better but when I’m pulling through a lot of the time you can hear the juice pulling through and I get no smoke. I’ve changed this coil twice before and it’s a reoccurring issues. There’s also very little flavour coming out compared to my friend who has the exact same tank as mine and I don’t think the juice is the problem so can anyone help me figure out what’s wrong? My ohms and watts are correct aswell.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Since there is so many things that can go wrong with an advanced device, I suspect your best bet (I doubt your mechanically inclined from your post) is to tear down the tank completely. Could visit a local B & M Vape shop. Someone may lend a hand.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread