Not sure if my setup is dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
Ok so Im not sure if my setup is even ok to run this. Im new to high sub ohm vaping and from what I know the tfv12 t12 is suppose to output up to 300W. This mod I bought is probably the wrong choice since its 200w. And 3rd of all, Im not even sure if these batteries are even suitable for this setup. Is there any chance of damage to the device with these combinations? Im worried the mod maybe outputting too lower power for this coil

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
You are in safe territory. There is no danger in vaping an atty at a lower temp.

Almost no one vapes at more than 120 Watts. 150 Watts is probably 30 more than you need. And at 200 Watts there is pure heat and no taste. All you lack on the Reuleax is bragging rights.

The Wismec Reuleaux RX200S is plenty to run that Atty. The only thing that's unsafe is if you start out with a wattage over 100 Watts. Could burn your mouth from the heat. Start at 60 or 80 Watts and up it in 10 Watt increments until you find the optimal temp.

The Efest Battery should be fine but they are re wraps of other brands and not recommended by the veterans. For high wattage vaping a better option in this order is the Sony VTC6 or LG Hg200 orbtronic has great prices and sells Authentic Batteries. Been buying from them for years.

Reactions: Traveler1965

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
Huh really no one vapes over 120w? I just think its weird how ive seen people on youtube vape this tank at like 300w. Just hearing that 200w is the lower end. The startup at 100watts is useful information because tbh id be starting at 200 watts.

The lg hg200 does seem like a much better battery after some research, I feel kind of scammed seeing efest are $16 ea against hg200 being $8. Why is efest more expensive if its lower quality?

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Huh really no one vapes over 120w? I just think its weird how ive seen people on youtube vape this tank at like 300w. Just hearing that 200w is the lower end. The startup at 100watts is useful information because tbh id be starting at 200 watts.

The lg hg200 does seem like a much better battery after some research, I feel kind of scammed seeing efest are $16 ea against hg200 being $8. Why is efest more expensive if its lower quality?

Anyone hitting over 100W is just showing off for the cloud chasers IMHO.

Efest and other rewrapped batteries are out there to pray on the misinformed and uneducated. They slap a higher pricetag on them because people who have not done their research before buying will just say, "oh, look! Batteries!" and hit the buy now button without a second thought.

brittianm

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2015
At 200 watts you would be pulling 20.83 amps per cell with a 3 battery device. If you were gaping at 180 your amps would be 18.75. I doubt the batteries you are using are rated for more than 20 amp cdc. The formula you use to see what your input amps is watts/minimum voltage which in a 3 battery device is 9.6v.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Here is Mooch's list
IMG_4813.jpg

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
"Recommended Wattage" on coils are generally inflated to appeal to the "more is better crowd". Just because your car can top out at 220 mph doesn't mean you do that on the highway. And just because someone did it on YouTube doesn't make it a great idea. Those coils will fog up a room at far lower power than 300W.

The Efest batteries, if you are planning on pushing that mod to high wattage, are not a great idea. They're overpriced rewraps of whatever the cat dragged home that day. Take a look at the recommended charts @brittianm @Bonskibon posted and get at least a 25A if you want to play high wattage, or even 30A batteries, although those offer half the capacity and lifespan to make up for the higher current.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I used to vape at 120 watts & found Sony batteries did me best, now I don't sub ohm vape over 60 watts an use Samsung 30qs since I heard Sony batteries are getting discontinued :(

Sony's battery division was bought by another party. I don't know if that included the name Sony for the batteries, or if that company will offer them under a different name (Murata). I also don't know if they will change the current distribution system, but I can't see them cutting off suppliers like IMR or Illum (or the other good ones). The reason to buy a battery division should be to make and sell the batteries, otherwise why buy it?

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Sony's battery division was bought by another party. I don't know if that included the name Sony for the batteries, or if that company will offer them under a different name (Murata). I also don't know if they will change the current distribution system, but I can't see them cutting off suppliers like IMR or Illum (or the other good ones). The reason to buy a battery division should be to make and sell the batteries, otherwise why buy it?
My local shop sold them recently an I'm pretty sure they were authentic, if not they were damn good fakes & plus the bloke at my shop is very knowledgeable. It's the only shop ill use, 20 minutes drive has a dozen shops an they are not half as good as the one I go too which is 5 minute walk :)he's a mate too though, I'm in the shop 2 or 3 times a week. It's also the only shop in my town that offers rebuildables. The others are clueless tbh. They sold me several mods that broke!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sold Sony's? Oh, I'm sure there are still a ton in the distribution channels so they'll still be available for some time. I'm not even sure when the deal will close or if it did already. It's hard to to wrong with any of the big 3, Samsung, LG, or Sony. Just a matter of choosing the best balance of current delivery and runtime you're looking for.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Inflating recommended wattage setting on coils is an excellent way to sell more coils.
Just out of curiosity, why do you seem hung up on vaping at 200+ watts?
I agree you should start low & build your way up. I vape my baby beast at 60 watts, just cos they can go over 100 watts doesn't mean you should!
I dunno how people vape that high without burning their lips haha.
Sold Sony's? Oh, I'm sure there are still a ton in the distribution channels so they'll still be available for some time. I'm not even sure when the deal will close or if it did already. It's hard to to wrong with any of the big 3, Samsung, LG, or Sony. Just a matter of choosing the best balance of current delivery and runtime you're looking for.
He's got LG hd2s in atm, I don't have any experience with these but he knows his stuff so I trust him. I've used the brown LG but these are new to me!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I agree you should start low & build your way up. I vape my baby beast at 60 watts, just cos they can go over 100 watts doesn't mean you should!
I dunno how people vape that high without burning their lips haha.

He's got LG hd2s in atm, I don't have any experience with these but he knows his stuff so I trust him. I've used the brown LG but these are new to me!

The LG HD2's look good on that chart. 25A should handle just about anything you throw at it (within reason).

Every time I see a reviewer cranking it up and only able to take a half second draw before their lips start blistering and then say "what a solid hit and great vape!", I only shake my head and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread