Not sure if this is the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Really not sure if this is the right place and if it isn't I apologize. I was wondering, are there different types of USB wall socket things? I know I have to be careful when I get my setup in regards to charging the battery but I really don't want to rebuy anything I don't have to (would rather use that money on some ecig tech to tryout) but I currently have a USB wall plug thing that I use for my iPod, kobo, backup e-reader and blood glucose meter and if it would work for charging the ecig then that would be perfect for when I travel out of town (won't have to drag along the laptop just to charge my ecig).

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have a bout 8 different USB wall plugs around here. All of then have the same rating. 3 of them are from Starter Kits. You also have the USB ports on your computer and possibly the power ports in your vehicle with a USB adaptor. You will not have an issue with any of them.

The cord to connect the battery to the plug is something you have to watch. Some are rated lower than you need. If you're an eGo user, it should be rated "Output : DC 4.2V 420mA". The Joytech 510's (cig-a-like batteries) are rated for 200mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread