Nothing About Us. Without Us. (Title Edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
This is to introduce vapers.org.uk - a news site. It's run by volunteers and includes vaping news from around the world. News updates are usually posted on a daily basis. It's a really good round up of the important vaping news stories and blog posts - it's well worth bookmarking.

[h=2]Mondays News and Blogs at a glance[/h] Scaring People About e-Cigarettes: A Public Health Disgrace. Science ‘wrong’ in EU’s proposed e-cigarette law. Keep Calm. It’s Only Poison- Clive Bates. Concern about Gateways- Robert Innes. Japanese Vapour Torture – Argvargen. Cloupor Mini – Safety Concerns. News from Poland. Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Mon, 26 January 2015

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
This is to introduce vapers.org.uk - a news site. It's run by volunteers and includes vaping news from around the world. News updates are usually posted on a daily basis. It's a really good round up of the important vaping news stories and blog posts - it's well worth bookmarking.

[h=2]Mondays News and Blogs at a glance[/h] Scaring People About e-Cigarettes: A Public Health Disgrace. Science ‘wrong’ in EU’s proposed e-cigarette law. Keep Calm. It’s Only Poison- Clive Bates. Concern about Gateways- Robert Innes. Japanese Vapour Torture – Argvargen. Cloupor Mini – Safety Concerns. News from Poland. Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Mon, 26 January 2015

Thanks for posting.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Yes, thanks for sharing! Loved this part! :laugh:

One of the oldest tricks in the Glantzian book, and one that has been used for decades by the swivel-eyed curtain-twitchers of the tobacco control industry, is the establishment of a body of evidence.

It only takes a cursory look at Stan’s outpourings to see how it works. Write something, then write something else that cites the first thing you wrote. Then when you come to write your third piece, you can now cite your first two sources to demonstrate “a growing body of evidence”….

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
It's very good to hear that some of you have enjoyed reading it. Here's today's news roundup from vapers.org.uk:

Tuesdays News at a glance

CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection. Yet Another Public Health Practitioner Publicly Claims that Smoking is No More Hazardous than Vaping. Is Vaping Worse Than Smoking? New study by Dr. Farsalinos: Dual users more worried about E-cigarette risks. American Thoracic Society Physicians Claim There is No Evidence Smoking is More Hazardous than Vaping. How e-cigarettes changed my life. Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Wednesdays News from the Web

Attitudes toward E-Cigarettes, reasons for initiating E-Cigarette use and Changes in smoking behavior – Anti-Vaping Researchers Called Out for Misleading Cancer Exaggerations by New York Times Columnist – Telling our Story to the Pharmacists – Vaping Advocate of the Year Award 2015 – Big Tobacco’s Little Helpers – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News 30th January 2015

Fridays News at a glance:

Govt approved drafting e-cigarette bill last year – Ireland: standardised packaging of e-cigarettes? – I wasn’t going to write this. More from the “totally unfashionable” Jo Lincoln – Electronic Cigarettes Remain Top Tax Target For Politicians – How Should E-Cigarettes Be Regulated? – Huffpost-Live – California Declares E-Cigarettes a ‘Community Health Threat’ – How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Fri, 30 January 2015

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
This a million times: Ecigs Plaza | It's Time To Stand Up For Vaping - Ecigs Plaza

The people who don’t like vaping have influence. They have money. They have actual political power. They’re not going to give up just because people disagree with them. The only way to stop them is to make your voice heard. But that means all of us have to make our voices heard. I write blog posts, articles, comments on every news story about vaping.

Not every vaper needs to be as busy or dedicated as that, but you all need to do something.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
IEEE Battery Standards - a feature from vapers.org.uk:

Promoting Battery Safety

In support of electronic cigarettes, and its users, Richard Pruen is hoping to promote a standard, that contains light touch ‘guide to best practices’ is based on the latest evidence, welcomes (even encourages) innovation, protects small business, and users.

Common sense safety features should be expected by electronic cigarette users, manufactures, vendors, and trading standards bodies.

Richard is sponsoring the standard personally, as well as organising the working group.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Mondays News at a glance.

MPs Win The Battle To Smoke E-Cigarettes In Parliament – Article 20 Legal Challenge – Are we in the endgame for smoking? – Outdoor smoking ban starts in Bristol – Christopher Snowdon and The Voluntary Ban – New Surgeon General Should Prescribe Scientific Honesty On E-cigarettes – The “Vaping Truth Survey” Final Analysis.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
A feature article from vapers.org.uk:
Vapers in a Brewery

While it’s exhilarating being involved in vaping activism in the UK, it can also be deeply frustrating. The vaping community has such a wealth of passionate, talented and creative people that we should be able to move mountains. In reality we would be hard pushed to organise the proverbial in a brewery. Why can’t we vapers get our act together?

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Thank you Jessica for your daily postings. I have the site book marked, but I've gotten into a habit of coming here and starting my day by clicking on your link!
As usual, today's was very good and important for vapers to consider. I absolutely loved the cartoon too. It was very funny but sadly appropriate.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Thank you Jessica for your daily postings. I have the site book marked, but I've gotten into a habit of coming here and starting my day by clicking on your link!
As usual, today's was very good and important for vapers to consider. I absolutely loved the cartoon too. It was very funny but sadly appropriate.

Thank you WhiteHighlights- it's very good to hear that :)

In the News 3rd Feb:

Tuesdays News at a glance. So your teenager is vaping e-cigarettes – should you worry? – Ireland Call To Action! – The John Crown Affair – Vaping in a Brewery! – World Health Organization’s advice based on weak evidence-

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Wednesdays News at a glance

Six months ago I had genuine concern sthat we were going to throw the baby out with the bath water … NEC Group signs three-year partnership with E-Lites … The curious case of the problem that isn’t a problem … Jo Lincoln and Bullying Packaging … Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Wed, 4 February 2015 … Regulating E-Cigarettes – Steve Paikin (The Agenda) with David Sweanor & Mark Holland … Don’t by a VitaStik – Fergus Mason tells why

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News 5th Feb

A new study in mice provides no information for smokers but verifies e-cigarettes are less harmful … The Comparative Efficacy of 1st vs. 2nd Generation Electronic Cigarettes in Reducing Symptoms of Nicotine Withdrawal … Electronic cigarettes and smoking cessation: an interview with Professor Peter Hajek … Steam is the new smoke … Killing mice to make life easy for incompetent churnalists … Ecigarette use in UK fell in ’14 amid concerns over health effects and doubts whether they match the real experience … Government should not interfere in use of electronic vapor devices … Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Thu, 5 February 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Fridays News at a glance.

Propaganda or product: why has e-cigarette use dipped in England? … NNA Briefing Paper on Bans in Enclosed Public Spaces … Campaign for Truth in Public Health … CEH Initiates Legal Action on Vaping Dangers … New Study Reports Adverse Effects of E-Cigarette Aerosol on Mouse Respiratory Epithelial Cells … Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Fri, 6 February 2015 … Tobacco Leads Yield Chase as Smoking Decline Abates …

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Mondays News at a glance:

Call to Action: FDA Comments Survey … Vaping: One Piece of the Economic Puzzle … Smoke and mirrors: the stealth approach that aims to put cigarettes out for good … Vaping Advocate of the Year Award 2015 … Electronic Cigarettes and Airway Infections – Update … Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest – Mon, 9 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread