Status
Not open for further replies.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Thank you, Robin. I will do this (and you know I hate the idea of being a mod).

I sent The Ocelot a PM. She will come eventually. Unfortunately, I have a date tonight...so I will be unavailable for a while after 5 ET. But I promise I will check in after a while, no matter what is happening....well....you know what I mean.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
As part of the forum restructuring, some of the model specific subforums will be shut down and archived on March 7, 2014. For those APVs (REO, ProVari, etc.) that have a corresponding ECF Forum Supplier, questions regarding those devices should be asked in their respective forum/thread.

It will be up to each Forum Supplier to determine the rules for social type threads in their respective areas. Generally, we recommend users create a social group if they wish to create a social environment.

Thank you very much for the heads up. It will give us a chance to reorganize.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't understand why you feel the need to jump on the social group thingy. Why not just do the social chat threads in the vendor forum without the need for moderation? Seen more than one social group shrivel when the people who thought it was a really great idea at the time just disappeared with time. Then it's a PITA getting control of the social group relinquished from the original owner - if they can be tracked down - and transferred to someone else. Like I said, I didn't even realize all the Reo social chat stuff was happening in the vendor forum until this issue came up and I checked.
:2c:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thank you, Robin. I will do this (and you know I hate the idea of being a mod).

I sent The Ocelot a PM. She will come eventually. Unfortunately, I have a date tonight...so I will be unavailable for a while after 5 ET. But I promise I will check in after a while, no matter what is happening....well....you know what I mean.

Nothing can really be done anyway until we hear back from Retired or even Ocelot at this point.

March 7th is the date so there is time.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I wuz kinda wondering.
There's a saloon kinda feel over in the ByLeo thread - and I think the only difference is that it's part of an official provider forum...
If ProVape is OK with running a Saloon, maybe we can just transfer the liquor license over there?
I mean, part of what's so social is that it's not an "exclusive" social club - but more of a friendly neighborhood pub (with the usual occasional brawl).

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I don't understand why you feel the need to jump on the social group thingy. Why not just do the social chat threads in the vendor forum without the need for moderation? Seen more than one social group shrivel when the people who thought it was a really great idea at the time just disappeared with time. Then it's a PITA getting control of the social group relinquished from the original owner - if they can be tracked down - and transferred to someone else. Like I said, I didn't even realize all the Reo social chat stuff was happening in the vendor forum until this issue came up and I checked.
:2c:

I think the ProVarinati has a lot of activity and really don't think it will slow down and die out. One of the benefits is being able to create stickies and it will pretty follow the structure that is here. Sometimes it works better when we do have to police ourselves. More care is taken in how we present ourselves knowing that our friends are the ones that have to make those tough decisions if something is appropriate or not in a post.

And the rooooom!!! Lots of room to play!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I wuz kinda wondering.
There's a saloon kinda feel over in the ByLeo thread - and I think the only difference is that it's part of an official provider forum...
If ProVape is OK with running a Saloon, maybe we can just transfer the liquor license over there?
I mean, part of what's so social is that it's not an "exclusive" social club - but more of a friendly neighborhood pub (with the usual occasional brawl).

Sometimes suppliers don't like talk of other devices in 'Their' house. The ProVarinati don't just talk about the Provari, there is a LOT of socializing and how many times gave we had to type PROVARI into a post to at least give the appearance of being on topic. In a social group, you don't HAVE to stay on topic unless it is requested by the owner for That Thread in the sub forum.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Retired, can you see if an app was properly filled out? And whoever filled it out, would they automatically be the 'Owner' of the group?

Applications are completely out of my hands and are handled by another Admin.

Nothing can really be done anyway until we hear back from Retired or even Ocelot at this point.

March 7th is the date so there is time.

I need to find out more about what they are doing with the Reonauts.

The REO subforum is also going to be closed and archived.

I wuz kinda wondering.

The Forum Suppliers make their own rules regarding how they like things to run in their forums. We do not plan on moving anything from the existing subforums except to the Archives. It will be up to the Provape folks to make the determination on what they're going to allow in the Provape forum.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Well you know that saying--the more things change, the more they stay the same. Change is always hard for people, but there is time to figure this one out and really as long is there is a place where we can hang out together it will be fine. I just found you guys and don't want to lose you, for sure. A week gives us time to let everyone know where to find each other, right? My only question is how will new Provari folks find us? Will they know to look for a social group or under the supplier if that is where we end up? I know that for me, at least, I still need to have a support system if I get lost so there are bound to be other folks who need a hand to hold.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
So looks like we have this basic structure in mind:

The Ocelot: Owner and Mod.

Potential Mods:
Stormy
Edd
Baditude
Robin

Please add any other names you think would work. We need to submit soon, but not immediately.

Sounds good to me. I'll participate a lot. :D

Tina in FL

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well you know that saying--the more things change, the more they stay the same. Change is always hard for people, but there is time to figure this one out and really as long is there is a place where we can hang out together it will be fine. I just found you guys and don't want to lose you, for sure. A week gives us time to let everyone know where to find each other, right? My only question is how will new Provari folks find us? Will they know to look for a social group or under the supplier if that is where we end up? I know that for me, at least, I still need to have a support system if I get lost so there are bound to be other folks who need a hand to hold.

Don't worry, we will tell you what you need to do to find and know how to get back to where the ProVarinati home is. :)
People do find us over at the HHV forum. We get new people all the time. You can also tell others where the forum is, once it gets set up. :D

It will all work out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread