Notice - Provari subforum to be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
OH!! I get it now. Well as long as I can look under "my posts" and find it quickly that way cuz I never go in those social group things. Hard to find stuff there, IMO.

There really aren't that many active forums there. I have a feeling that is about to change. I think the HHV forum is the most active one. If the REOnaughts and the ProVarinati move over there, it will get a lot more traffic. Which would be good for all of us.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you, Robin. I will do this (and you know I hate the idea of being a mod).

I sent The Ocelot a PM. She will come eventually. Unfortunately, I have a date tonight...so I will be unavailable for a while after 5 ET. But I promise I will check in after a while, no matter what is happening....well....you know what I mean.

Hey, I wouldn't say "unfortunately" about having a date..

It sucks our favorite hangout here is going, however, a social group/area as they call it could be a good thing. We know it can't be a free for all, but the bulk of the frequent posters are a good, respectful bunch, so I don't see problems. The reality is, the thing that causes most of the posts derailing/problem for for the moderators seem to be how any discussion turns "social" anyways.

As a testament to the folks here, I'm on a few boards, from this vaping board, to 2 golf boards as well as a few other odd ones, and have been on many over the last 20 years. I have never, before this group, ever seen a group who can discuss differing opinions, even polarizing ones do it respectfully..
Eg:
Here:
Poster A: What is the draw to the new Widget123 device?
poster B: I tried it, loved it! It slices, it dices and it saved my marriage!
poster C: I tried it, and it broke immediately got a replacement, and it worked OK, but it till didn't meet my need for making puffy unicorn shaped marshmallows, but if that feature isn't for you, I could see it as awesome

Elsewhere:
Poster A: What is the draw to the new Widget123 device?
poster B: I tried it, loved it! It slices, it dices and it saved my marriage!
poster C: It stinks! It's another piece of marketing hype that does nothing but torture poor innocent kittens! Only a stupid fanboy would like it!
Poster B: I have a PhD in wigetology, and had every component analyzed to the molecular level, and it is what they say it is. It worked great for me, but PosterA, try it for yourself, if you don't like it return it, but it's worth a try...don't listen to PosterC, he is a bitter hater who is bitter because he can't read the directions

So I was a bit scared when I read the title of the post, but by sounds of things, we have a social group as an option...and it can be awesome! If anyone can make it work, it is this group! Yes, there may be some growing pains, and minor inconvenience at first, but we are such an awesome group that people will buy ProVari just to be like us :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
What are you anti-social?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you know better than that. I'm just not good at searching stuff on ECF. I basically just type a word at the search thing on top and press enter or check my previous posts.

The social forum area itself on the main page looks too cramped, confusing and weird to me. My ADD kicks in and I just leave. But if I know where to go like a ProVarinati Saloon, I will find it, I hope.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
This sadden me deeply...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It really shouldn't. When (please, pretty please) they give the ok, it can be better than where you are now. The mods can make threads stickies and different threads can cover any subject. Chit chat can, and I'm sure will be, encouraged.

MissLiss

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Colorado
all-my-bags-are-packed-im-ready-to-go.jpg
Okay I'm packed and ready to move where ever we go from here. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The name needs to be Provarinati.

Moderators: EddardinWinter, Baditude, The Ocelot...and one or two more people.

Can we add more moderators later?

That's my vote.

I disagree. Being serious here, the ProVarinati was created for fun, a light hearted response to the hateful posts and threads about ProVari owners. Not everyone who owns a ProVari wants to be part of what they consider silly. I'm cool with that and don't what them to feel excluded. I checked out HHV and it's better than I thought. I was under the impression it was just a thread, but I see it's a sub-forum of it's own with stickies.

I believe the first sticky should clarify that one doesn't need to be member of the ProVarinati to participate - or even to own a ProVari, since we have posters who want to get one, but can't at this point.

While I think Baditude would make a great moderator, we have to ask him first. He spends most of his time helping new members, regardless of their device, and may not want to moderate on a regular basis. We have some wonderful people here, but I think potential mods should be people who spend a lot of time in the ProVari forum, rather than those who prefer to offer their assistance in other areas.

I will also be submitting a request to form a group. Perhaps ProVape will grace us with a sticky that has a link or we (some of us) can put a link in our signatures.

ETA: Okay, nix that one, I just read retired1's post. Considering how many of us have ProVaris, and how many we have, it's sad that ProVape isn't more interested. I imagine it's because they are a company, rather than a small vendor, who needs his fans. From my understanding, Reo Lounge will not be affected by this, since they are hosted by a supplier.

ETAA: Nix that one too. I really need to read this whole thread before commenting. I posted in the Reo Lounge about this situation. They know nothing about it. I don't think they will be happy.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Should also add that just because the inmates are running the show, the forum rules must still be adhered to at all times. ;)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Absolutely. If you read some of my posts I think you will see that I do remind members of the rules (without quoting the post I feel is a borderline TOS violation) and I can also forward some of my PMs to members as further proof of my micro-managing. I haven't had an infraction for a very long time. I can haz been a good kitty?

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I wandered around the forum aimlessly for months before I found the Saloon. It was/is the place here I feel most welcome, accepted, and at home. Whatever needs to be done to keep us together, keep the atmosphere and feeling of family we've built there together, count me in. I'll help in any way that I can. I really like what we've built there, it means a lot to me, as do the friends I've made. I really don't want to see it drift apart, so whatever we have to do, let's come together and get it done. I'm not terribly experienced in forums, this is really the only one I've ever come to on a regular basis, but seriously, whatever I can do to help, I'm there.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I assume it will be here ---> Social Group Forums

Then in/under Product and Vendor specific.

I must say, that this is very sad to see this section being shutdown, but I will of course follow the crowd, to our new location. I never even knew that section, you linked even existed, the one that Ed linked to looks great, it would be a very nice new home for us.

KAS

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver
The name needs to be Provarinati.

Moderators: EddardinWinter, Baditude, The Ocelot...and one or two more people.

Can we add more moderators later?

That's my vote.

Provarinati - Cult.
ProVari "something" may be less intimidating to someone new passing thru.

Getting slap happy with mods may be intimidating to some folks as well.

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread