Noticed a curious thing about YouTube reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Why is it when you see a lot of YouTube reviews on RTAs, reviewers tend to stick the whole drip-tip inside their mouths? I mean like they have their mouths on the top cap of the atomizer. The drip-tip, or mouth piece for the more politically correct, completely disappears. Is there some advantage to this? I do understand the concept of tail-piping or slip streaming, but this one has me baffled since they are doing neither in most cases.

Last edited:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
There's an answer that comes to mind, but it if I typed it it would likely be redacted. Lol! Dunno really. Some folks shove the whole filter of their analog in their mouth as well. I guess it's a personal preference thing.
The answer for that is many analog filters, particularly "light" cigs have very tiny holes halfway down the filter to allow air in. Place the lips over those holes and the TH is better.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
clicked the chuff cap link and I still don't get it... can someone explain how a chuff cap helps with cloud blowing?
Airflow.....try taking a regular old skool drip tip and place it on a tank such as an Atlantis using the largest airflow setting then draw. Then take the designed tip for said tank and draw...you will notice a difference in how much easier the draw is.

Reactions: KattMamma

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I just find it odd and no they are not using chuff caps. I'm talking about RTAs. Watch PBusardo as he is one that comes to mind. I live in Korea and Koreans also smoke that way. They actually chew on the filter then spit...disgusting I know. I remember when I smoked having a wet filter tasted really bad. I also remember when blowing smoke rings it would always leave a terrible taste in my mouth. Even when i was a smoker I was a lung hitter. Never MTL!

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
The answer for that is many analog filters, particularly "light" cigs have very tiny holes halfway down the filter to allow air in. Place the lips over those holes and the TH is better.
when faced with the choice of having to buy lights i used to trim
the filters off at the air holes.
regards
mike

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Those are RDAs, not RTAs!

Oops! How right you are. I don't know that I've seen any RTA's with chuff caps.

Go back and look at the reviews of RTA's you saw when the reviewer was putting the whole drip tip in his/her mouth and confirm if the drip tip was a chuff cap.

I just find it odd and no they are not using chuff caps. Watch PBusardo as he is one that comes to mind.

PBusardo's preferred vape style is M2L.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Oops! How right you are. I don't know that I've seen any RTA's with chuff caps.

Go back and look at the reviews of RTA's you saw when the reviewer was putting the whole drip tip in his/her mouth and confirm if the drip tip was a chuff cap.

My original statement still stands. Absolutely no confusion as to whether they are RDAs or chuff caps!

Reactions: Susan~S

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I dunno...but they're the ones I want!!!!!!!! Preferably I would like the option but if its got a chuff then it should have sufficient airflow for my tastes! Havent found an RTA with enough airflow yet!

You either haven't been looking or you want one with no Cap.
Dark Horse and MutationX are both Very wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread