Now if Smoke Stik could just help with my other addictions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Wouldn't it be absolutely great if Bill, Lorikay or someone there at Smoke Stik could come up with a caffeinated version of their fluid? It would be absolutely wonderful to be able to get your caffeine and nicotine through the same source... replace all of your old bad habits at once by cutting out coffee, soda, and cigarrettes all at the same time!:ohmy::thumbs::party::toast::vapor:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Guess what? It's been tried...although not by SmokeStik per se. It doesn't work. The vaporization temp of chemicals varys wildly and many chemicals change their molecular structure at said point....IE...they become something else you might not want in your body. Do a search here at ECF and I know you will find some articles by people who have tried caffiene.

There is one less than reputable company in China producing and e-liquid with "generic" ...... in it though.....hehe

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA
I couldn't live with out my delicious coffee anyways:D
yup-1.jpg

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I'm pretty sure I remember that the caffiene turns into some kind of toxic sludge...LOL OK MAYBE not toxic....but it does not dissolve readily. It comes in crystaline form and I personally would be VERY leary about vaping an insoluable crystal into my lungs. Your lungs are not part of your digestive tract....just sayin......

Does bring up a good point about the complexity of all this. And the importance of being very careful about your juice vendors. Sometimes cheap can be very expensive.

Last edited:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I'm pretty sure I remember that the caffiene turns into some kind of toxic sludge...LOL OK MAYBE not toxic....but it does not dissolve readily. It comes in crystaline form and I personally would be VERY leary about vaping an insoluable crystal into my lungs. Your lungs are not part of your digestive tract....just sayin......

Does bring up a good point about the complexity of all this. And the importance of being very careful about your juice vendors. Sometimes cheap can be very expensive.

Thanks for the info. I did do a search, and like LK says it appears that it just does not work well, and might also be a health hazard. As one of the posters stated, have you ever heard of smoking as a delivery method for caffeine prior to the invention of e-cigarettes? If not, then there is probably a good reason for that! :D

That is truly a shame, since it would have been really nice to get my caffeine from a healthier source than Jolt Cola (hard to find these days) or Mountain Dew (coffee or tea just does not have enough caffeine and most energy drinks I have tried taste horrible) that does not have all of the acid or sugar. With very long work hours on many weeks, caffeine addiction is what lets me survive on about 30-35 hours of sleep per week. :blink:

I did find an absolutely hilarious post about someone reading the warning label on their energy drink though...

Warning label reads "We do not recommend the use of this product by those people who read warning labels." :lol::lol::lol:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
YOu know they do make caffiene pills....pure caffiene....although I can't attest to the health benefits of this stuff. I doubt there is any. If your hell bent on smoking something...there;s always,......oh wait....I can't say that here can I? oops.

Not to sound to goody two shoes or anything...but you do know the surest way to battle fatigue right....it's called sleep. hahahahahahaha

Last edited:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
YOu know they do make caffiene pills....pure caffiene....although I can't attest to the health benefits of this stuff. I doubt there is any. If your hell bent on smoking something...there;s always,......oh wait....I can't say that here can I? oops.

Not to sound to goody two shoes or anything...but you do know the surest way to battle fatigue right....it's called sleep. hahahahahahaha

I know LK... Problem is that to pay the mortgage and student loans (both my wife and I have them) I have been working two jobs for 4+ years, while working and going to school for 3 years before that. Sleep is almost a foreign concept for me at this point, but at least the bills are getting paid! :p

Interesting article I found while typing this response though. Stay-Awake Pill May Get Wider Approval. Perhaps in another decade the FDA will get around to approving it. :D

I remember my NoDoz and Vivarin days from when I was in college the first time (much younger) and those messed with my body (digestive system) even then... looks like Mountain Dew and coffee for now still!:toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread