Now It Is Confirmed- the FDA's Announcement on eCigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
I don't always use fruit flavors, but I occasionally like having the Raspberry & Cherry flavors around. I would hate to not be able to get these, but as long as it doesn't include my favorite flavor...the Triple Nickel, then I'll be okay. Still, it's a shame that the FDA is doing this to us.

Reactions: stols001

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
Of course there is no mention most of these kids aren't using daily and many don't even own a device.

By their own numbers the majority of adults are also using these vilified fruit flavors that they claim are for children.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
epi.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This is just silly. Convenience stores sell all manner of age restricted products: if carding has proved impossible in these locations then all age restricted products need pulled from convenience store shelves, not just BT's biggest competitors.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is just silly. Convenience stores sell all manner of age restricted products: if carding has proved impossible in these locations then all age restricted products need pulled from convenience store shelves, not just BT's biggest competitors.
Yes it’s silly, but we’re dealing with parental fear here which transcends rational thought. The herd is in full stampede at the moment and won’t reapond to rational thought until it calms down. Got to suck it up and wait it out.

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
You can push through almost any piece of legislation or regulation by dressing it up as being "for the children". We've been beaten over the head with this theory that fruit/dessert flavors are designed for kids for several years and unfortunately it is beginning to take hold. No one wants to have kids getting hooked on products they shouldn't be able to get their hands on but these rules don't really address the fact that social contacts are the primary source of e-cigarettes for minors.

Attachments

• think of the children.jpg
    think of the children.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 8

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
Ain't that the truth. And somehow the fact that teenage smoking is way down is only mentioned in passing. Actually, all the "high risk" behaviors that minors engage in have been declining but you would never guess this reading the headlines. It must be the 24 news cycle- the world has always been a scary place but now its in our living rooms at all hours.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The government has been haranguing smokers for years to give up and levering unconscionable sin taxes to 'encourage' them to quit. An alternative arrives of at minimum 95% times less harmful and of proven efficacy in quitting cigarettes and at no expense to the government. Rather than encouraging them they continue to regulate them into oblivion, and apply the same sin taxes even though they are neither tobacco nor smoking.

Fight the turgid slick of conformity with which they seek to smother your glory, crushed and broken like chrisps under Bison. They cannot win, we will overcome.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well at least Gottleib is helping the homeless. It's sweet that he cares about their plight and does not want to enrich only the greedy tobacco lobby, but also the children who will turn to the homeless and employ their services for the right price.

Entrepreneurism at its finest..

Quite frankly I'd rather a teen vape than use the homeless as their intermediaries. I have to say that vaping is probably less harmful than the type of transactions that I, and many of my former teen peers used to engage in.

Anna

Reactions: K9Luvr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread