• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW reset those DVRs for Friday, 24JUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Maybe that's why they bumped it up? Something to tie in to what went national?

Good point; maybe?
I've been out of touch and out of town since Monday. We moved hubby down to CHI on Monday and well, one day lead to the next as we explored, so we didn't get home until this morning.
But -
Vicki was talking about something this morning -- that a FDA memo came out about some companies were selling juice with EG in them instead of PG?? Guess I'm going to have to do some digging here about it....

I was thinking when I initially read your post that maybe I should send her a note about it - that there are wonderful companies - even one here in WI that are above board, but then I figured if it does head that way, well, we'll ALL just leave comments about the story, flood the station and I'm sure they'll talk about it again as a follow up! LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
The FDA found EG (I think) and some of the components of tobacco carcinogens in the cartridge juice from SE - but they found only TRACE amounts (measured in PPB as opposed to PPM) and they're blowing it completely out of proportion as a scare tactic.... that's my take on it... it's as criminal as yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre.

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The FDA found EG (I think) and some of the components of tobacco carcinogens in the cartridge juice from SE - but they found only TRACE amounts (measured in PPB as opposed to PPM) and they're blowing it completely out of proportion as a scare tactic.... that's my take on it... it's as criminal as yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre.

Hmmmm.....taking the slow and steady route to giving vaping a bad name, eh??
Well, maybe we're just going to have to start vaping in public a little bit more LOL
Although, without the odor or residue, in the form of ashes and butts on the ground, there could be a lot more people vaping in public, but no one is knowing it 'cause it's such an invisible thing!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Guess it's really official. The segment is mentioned on their website

Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ

Tonight on Live at 10:00
Anti-Smoking Device
A new way to kick the habit. For your health tonight, find out why medical experts are divided over the newest anti-smoking device. Tonight live at 10:00 on TODAY'S TMJ4.

Set those DVR/VCRs and lets hope the power doesn't go out! LOL

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Guess it's really official. The segment is mentioned on their website

Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ

Tonight on Live at 10:00
Anti-Smoking Device
A new way to kick the habit. For your health tonight, find out why medical experts are divided over the newest anti-smoking device. Tonight live at 10:00 on TODAY'S TMJ4.

Set those DVR/VCRs and lets hope the power doesn't go out! LOL

Is this how they're billing it? OMG - no - did they not listen? Here's another quit smoking toy?

this is disheartening - we can't make health claims!!!!!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Is this how they're billing it? OMG - no - did they not listen? Here's another quit smoking toy?

this is disheartening - we can't make health claims!!!!!

I remember you specifically saying that!
You are right; very disheartening, but still holding out hope that it will be a little balanced.

Spikey explained in her normal wonderful way how any press is good press as it creates interest, so hopefully if nothing else it will cause people to google for more information, they will find a site like ECF to research on and get the whole story - good, bad and ugly.

Vicki mentioned the segment on her show today. She even went on to talk about a group of people right here in WI who are trying to get the word out about vaping. Hmmm........wonder if she's still lurking here on the boards, or if there's another group out there. If it wasn't about us, I'd love to know who they are!!

Still looking for that silver lining - so hopefully we'll be expecting something sooo one sided, that when it finally airs, we'll be pleasently surprised at it's balance.....sort of like when you just know your dad's going to give you a whoopin' for whatever and he just says "ok; run along now" LOL.....
yes; the eternal optomist LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
It will be interesting to see what they did with the footage they shot at Southridge. They filmed the SE booth without the required written permission from either the Maul or Amber & Nick. When Amber phoned them they tried to tell her they didn't need any permission - Southridge was fuming.

WHOA!!!! Was that in the last couple of days? We told the reporter about SE the day the interviews were done & she said that she'd try to swing by there, but didn't know if she'd have time that day.

Hmmm......(stroking chin)....very interesting!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
It was the same day as the interview. Amber was VERY upset when her employee phoned her to tell her they showed up unannounced. The maul office was furious and told her there are forms that need signing b4 anyone is allowed to film inside the maul.

Once again; wow....
I know that the reporter requested the name & number of where we were to meet so that she could talk to them about filming in the coffee shop. I would have just assumed that the same would have been done at the mall.....

How's business been doing for Amber & Rob? Maybe if nothing else, this will be a little free publicity for them and things will be a little busier for them tomorrow.
One of my daughters and I was at the mall a couple weeks ago and after getting our pretzels, I asked where she wanted to sit and eat. From the day that we were there with Vicks, she wanted to go down and sit in the massage chairs by the kiosk on the other side of the sunglass cart (that's where my kids and Vick's son & hubby waited for us while we checked out SE LOL)
Having nothing else to really look at but the kids applying for jobs at Starbucks, I found myself watching the foot traffic at SE. It was a little less than constant, but it was the middle of the day on a Wednesday, so in comparison, it was doing better than the knock-off purse cart! LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Just saw the spot - and YES! It was a positive, balanced article! The little snippet at the end about the FDA - meh - a mere afterthought - IMO.

Can't wait for it to hit the website so we can splash it all over!!!!

A big WOOT for MlrGirl - for all your hard work and dedication in getting this to the TV - we couldn't have done it without ya, girl!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
OMG!! Likewise, I'm very happy with it. Yah; I too yelled out when she said "several" -- but the Dr. said Vape 'em if you got 'em, that's when I knew life was good!!

OMG, NO! Thank YOU GIRLS for doing it!

Off to go see real quick if they have it up on the website yet....
And what do you know - JC even got a plug and even though it wasn't done quite above board, hopefully this will help out Amber & Rob too!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Just saw the spot - and YES! It was a positive, balanced article! The little snippet at the end about the FDA - meh - a mere afterthought - IMO.

Can't wait for it to hit the website so we can splash it all over!!!!

A big WOOT for MlrGirl - for all your hard work and dedication in getting this to the TV - we couldn't have done it without ya, girl!
I did not see it....:(The Wiz!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
haven't seen it on the website yet.... but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place...

I've got it on DVD, though...gonna try and see if I can get it up myself..

I did not see it....:(The Wiz!

We must be too fast for them! LOL
Mike did say afterwards to check out their website for more information, so they should have it up soon. When they do Wiz, we'll be sure to post it here, in the main area of ECF and all other informational boards that we belong to!

Vicks - yah; it can be a little hard to find some of their stories. After they air, they are normally down towards the bottom and under either "Special Assignment" or "I-Team". I'm 99% sure this will be under SA.
The only bummer though, is that they don't have a comments section underneath. But that's ok - once they put it up, I think we should all write and thank Shelley for doing such a job & tell a little something about it since it would go through the station & probably not directly to her?? I dunno; I'm on a fair-story-high right now! LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread