Now shipping to APO/FPO addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
We had to take a little break due to some new regulations. Wasn't happy at all about it, but the USPS said that shipping any lithium cell to overseas APO/FPO addresses was forbidden.

After further review....the following actions have been taken. Effective immediately, we now will ship to overseas APO/FPO addresses. I'm not going to continue to say "no" to these guys when the regulations don't seem to apply to their orders.

Again, thank you for doing what you do in those remote posts. If I get in trouble, so be it.

Shipping Update: Friday, July 22 2012

We have reviewed the USPS regulation regarding shipping to FPO/APO addresses. This review has revealed that the USPS is concerned about shippers of large numbers of lithium cells. Manufacturers of car batteries, cell phone batteries, etc.

Our shipments do not regularly (or ever) exceed 5 pounds of batteries. We only ship batteries that are attached / a part of the device. We only ship a few batteries at a time.

I've done the work and contacted a few stateside commands just to make sure. They don't care what a service member gets in the mail, as long as it is not contraband. Since we don't sell contraband, and the regulation does not appear to apply....the following action has been taken.

Effective immediately, Valley Vapor will resume shipping to overseas APO/FPO addresses for single consumer orders. You guys/gals are serving in some pretty nasty areas. We're not going to continue saying "no" to you based on unclear regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread