Status
Not open for further replies.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Hey All:

I'm more than a month analog-free and thought I'd say thanks to ECF for helping me so far.

I quit smoking for the health benefits but truthfully more for the financial aspect of it - money's been really tight in this household recently and I couldn't see continuing spending $300/month on cancer sticks.

Been running an Ego 650 Upgrade battery and dual-coil Iclear6 (2ohm) tank setup - pretty happy with it so far.

I have been getting most of my juice from mount baker - 18mg 50/50 +2 flavor 15ml bottles - very happy with MtBaker too.

I accidentally bought a tank-cracker juice (amaretto) so also have a glass V-Fate on the way.

If you don't mind, I've got a question about my setup:

Even though I like my rig, I dislike the hard draw of it. When taking a hit, I'll push my fire button for a second or two first - usually until I can hear the coils sizzle - then take my pull. I usually hit the battery cut-off (or run out of breath) before getting what I feel is an adequate hit. Is there any way to free up the draw on this setup or is this just the limitation of my equipment?

I want to eventually go VV/VW - been really eyeing the SID but can't justify the extra money for a few weeks, so I'm hoping there's something I can do with what I have for now. Or is upgrading the real solution?

Thanks,
Chris

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hi Chris congrats on saving all this money. And welcome to ecf!. I started for the exact same reason as you. I'm running well at about 40 a month on an average.

You can definitely open the draw on it. See the air holes on the side where it screws onto the battery.. Make those bigger. Drill or like me take something that starts to fit in and twist it to grind out the hole bigger. Nail or whatever.

You can feather your button before the cut off to go again without stopping or hitting cut off.

Last edited:

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
I would recommend a single coil tank with an Ego. When you purchase that SID or a larger VV/VW mod you will have the power to push dual coils. I have nothing against the ego batteries, but the right combonation set-up will give you a more pleasurable vape.

I started with the 650mah ego/ and a vivi mini nova. Loved it. I would recomend it to see if you like vaping. With that said, I upgraded after just a few weeks. Now I have a Vamo with a dual coil Iclear 30. :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah toast is right you are pushing that little 650. I use an evod or smoktech aro on a 650 I think they will not give you much better results and only 5-6 bucks. The evod is a much looser draw and good steady performance. You will not have a lack of vapor.

Of course a stronger battery will be a lot better when you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread