Now THAT's tobacco flavor! We'll call this one "Ashtray"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
First thanks to everyone who had tobacco flavor recommendations!

4.5 % M Type (TFA)
4.5% Cowboy Blend (TFA)
.5% tobacco Extract
a couple drops of distilled water
25% Nicotine
the rest VG

It's great after one day steep - smooth and harsh all at the same time. A little dry, but like a fine wine, not in a bad way. YUMMY!! Like smoking a full flavor nasty-stick. :2c:

I think that toning down the Cowboy and perhaps ramping up the Extract a little will give that "ripped the filter off" taste.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
Testing that batch lastnight was 'knock your socks off'. It settled down a little as it steeped and I think the cowboy smooths it out a some.

I really like the extract, but I was a little tentative with it because feedback/reviews were that it was pretty strong. Have you used it much...man it is thick! Not quite sure how to work with it confidently yet.

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
I am going to add some Cowboy blend to my next order. I have some Wyatt Earp from MFS that is pretty good and I think the 2 together might be close and then I could play with it a little and add a few things to get a good tobacco mix. The M type by itself is pretty overwhelming but I should have started at 5%. But then again I just mixed it and gave it 2 quick hot water baths. I will try it again tomorrow...

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
I've been playing around trying to find the right tobacco blend. I am not a fan of the sweet or florally all the time. This seems to be a good blend. Not sweet, not florally. I think I may have picked up a little grassy like not lastnight, but that has settled out - today it is just tobacco.

I started with 10ml batch of M-Type at 9% and the Extract at 1%...so 10% is what I was aiming for too. It was pretty dang strong, so I made another 10 ml with the Cowboy at 9% and mixed the two together to have a 20ml batch at 4.5% each. That is how I ended up with the Extract at a 1/2%.

I will have to give the Wyatt Earp a try too.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
Oh - I like vanilla. Just not all day. I have made a couple of tobacco blends with espresso and bavarian cream. I just prefer a straight tobacco most of the day and sweet stuff in the evening. I've got to land on like one or two flavors though, I've got clearos filled all over the place!

I thought DIY would save me a little cash - it has turned me in to a mad scientist though! It is a sickness - I may need treatment.... :blush:

flavsfood

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Miami,Fl
after mixing a few FA tobaccos, they are ok, but I just recived an order from myvapejuice.com,,,,wow,,, they are NET flavor extracts and are what I kept trying to get with the FA ones, but was not.
I got the rogue original,wicked wench original,rouge ry4,rouge touch of spice,country squire rum rasian,country squire caramel apple,,,,, they all taste like tobacco,,real tobacco with a very light taste of the flavor on the flavored ones
the originals are just great!!
found my new vendor!!

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Ack. I can't stand M-Type even at 1%. I use about one drop per 10ml or less. That would actually make my tongue hurt. Really, I've been there. ;)

Also, I'd like to suggest being more clear about the nicotine concentration, or just leaving that part out. You obviously don't have 25% nicotine in that mix, as that would likely be deadly (250mg/ml.) I just don't want anyone new to get the wrong idea.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
oddly enough - cigarettes don't have that much of a tobacco flavor. you can smell a freshly opened pack and get a tobacco aroma but sitting it on fire and breathing it, you lose that aroma. that said, the closest I have come to a true cigarette feel is unflavored nic liquid. I mix it your standard 70/30 pg/vg with 18mg nic. another major upside to this is the longevity of the heating coil. I use carts and they just don't wear out. I've gone two weeks on the same cart and it only failed after I put some flavored liquid in it. my current cart has gone 11 days and i'm just waiting to see how long it will last. I vape unflavored half the time and flavored the other half. but, back to your point, unflavored truly is the closest I have come to a real cigarette. no steep time either.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
Ack. I can't stand M-Type even at 1%. I use about one drop per 10ml or less. That would actually make my tongue hurt. Really, I've been there. ;)

Also, I'd like to suggest being more clear about the nicotine concentration, or just leaving that part out. You obviously don't have 25% nicotine in that mix, as that would likely be deadly (250mg/ml.) I just don't want anyone new to get the wrong idea.

Good point Lecent! It is 25mg nictotine. I should've slowed down and not been so excited to share...I will edit original post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread