Now the FDA Is Trying to Kill Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS
Our country is run by big business and most politicians are in their pockets. I'm sure the tobacco companies have their lawyers writing up all sorts of propaganda to try and outlaw e cigs. It's very similar to the whole medical canni*** issue. Anything that takes money out of their pockets will have to fight tooth and nail to get any recognition.

On a side note, thanks to RoyalGate for that sticky, you have clearly provided an answer that warrants no rebuttal and actually makes sense. I appreciate your professionalism and will avoid further issues around the subject.

Last edited:

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS
COMMON side effects when using Chantix:

Constipation; gas; headache; increased appetite; nausea; stomach upset; taste changes; trouble sleeping; vivid, strange, or unusual dreams; vomiting.

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); behavior changes; chest pain; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening mental or mood problems (eg, aggression, agitation, anger, anxiety, depression, nervousness, thoughts of hurting other people); persistent trouble sleeping; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent nausea; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.

Neuropsychiatric symptoms and suicidality
Angioedema and hypersensitivity reactions
Accidental injury

Thanks FDA

Newwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Piece of Heaven,OR
No thanks Chantix or Wellbutrin!!! I know too many people who have tried both drugs and experienced severe side effects. One Chantix person I know somehow ended up in California & checked himself into the psych ward. And guess what, all but one person started smoking again. I know other people who used the patch and had night terrors, rapid heart beat, etc. I used nic gum for a while & it reeked havoc on my teeth. And I started smoking again. E-cigs are the only thing I ever tried in the last 25+ years that have actually worked without having awful withdrawal or side effects (not that I am saying that vaping is better than not vaping).
I did email John Stossel & gave a brief description of my story. Maybe if more of us would write to him, he will reopen the subject on FOX.
Blessings & happy vaping!!!

VapApe

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Ohio
Our country is run by big business and most politicians are in their pockets. I'm sure the tobacco companies have their lawyers writing up all sorts of propaganda to try and outlaw e cigs. It's very similar to the whole medical canni*** issue. Anything that takes money out of their pockets will have to fight tooth and nail to get any recognition.

On a side note, how come when i type the name of a certain plant in it's scientific name it is edited? This is ludicrous, I didn't fight for my country just to have my first amendment right violated and censored especially not online. I understand that ECF does not condone the use of such things but there is no harm in a word that identifies the genus of a plant species. We should start editing the word cigarette, those are much more dangerous.

Wile you are on line , Its called Hosting a web site, This means we are guests until we ware out are welcome.
And has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
You agreed to abide by the Hosts rules when you joined.
I find it a bit rude to complain about a Host in there own house.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
We have a new fledgling business doing unbelievably great in direct competition not only with big tobacco but with big pharma as well. It's amazing that it's made it this far IMO, we should All be so glad the Fed appeals court ruled using common sense and followed the applicable laws, rather than bowing to those with the gold.
I agree we as a group should contact Mr. Stossel and anyone else who will listen and get the truth out there vaping works for so many of us when nothing else ever did. If the FDA wants so badly to protect people from themselves they can start by explaining how fast food is the way it is when obesity kills as many people as anything. Why cigarettes are legal and why big tobacco is openly allowed to ADD poisons to them to make them even more addictive. "Glass houses" should be on the minds of those running the FDA in my opinion .

We as a whole group can only hope that the FDA has learned their lesson by losing the latest court battle and decide it's just "not worth it" PR and image are important to any organization and being caught in outright fabrications on e-cigs and e-liquids , losing their court battle IS bad PR by anyone's definition. Add to that a LONG list of RX drugs they have rushed to approve to later find out they cause cancer, birth defect and a long list of other things including death, well just maybe they will wise up and figure it out, vaping IS much safer alternative to smoking and in the end that is ALL that it is. FDA should leave this one alone, it's better for the country and better for their own image.

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS
Wile you are on line , Its called Hosting a web site, This means we are guests until we ware out are welcome.
And has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
You agreed to abide by the Hosts rules when you joined.
I find it a bit rude to complain about a Host in there own house.
Actually freedom of speech does extend to the internet and if you're unsure of that then maybe this will help you Let me google that for you

You're right I did agree to abide by the rules and I have honored that agreement thus far but for argument sake, I'll edit it a bit so people like you feel better. You find it rude to complain here, I call it expressing my thoughts and feelings on a matter. Unlike most of the sheeple in the US, I'm not afraid to have a friendly debate on things that I disagree with. I very much enjoy my membership on ECF and if I didn't I would simply get up and leave.

I respect your opinion on the matter Vapeape and I hope you can respect mine. With that said, this discussion is based on the FDA trying to kill smokers so let's get back on track.

Hey Jim Bob, I'm glad to hear your business is doing well and I would agree that the electronic cigarette industry has gotten very far despite attempts at shutting them down. I sure do agree also with getting together as a group to contact Mr. Stossel and anybody else pertinent in the issue. Let me know if you need any help and I'll do what I can.

I know this is 2 years old but I found it to be an interesting read, I'm glad the justice system actually worked for this case.
F.D.A. Ordered to Stop Blocking Imports of E-Cigarettes - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

Newwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Piece of Heaven,OR
I emailed John Stossel last night after I read the article. Here is his email address: john.stossel@foxnews.com
I don't know if the email will get blocked by their anti-spam filter, but at least I gave it a shot. I recommended that if he was really interested in vapers' points of view that he visit this forum for a while & check it out. Hope he does then he'll get some excellent perspectives about e-cigs.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Sorry for the confusion Spartan, "we" don't have an e-cig business ourselves I was speaking "collective terms" , meaning we vapers; as a whole group, depend on a new fledgling business, many here have quit cigarettes and are now reducing nicotine intake as well, despite the big tobacco and big Pharma competition. After reading my post I do realize I was not clear on this, and I apologize if I mislead anyone ; that was never intended.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
COMMON side effects when using Chantix:

Constipation; gas; headache; increased appetite; nausea; stomach upset; taste changes; trouble sleeping; vivid, strange, or unusual dreams; vomiting.

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); behavior changes; chest pain; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening mental or mood problems (eg, aggression, agitation, anger, anxiety, depression, nervousness, thoughts of hurting other people); persistent trouble sleeping; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent nausea; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.

Neuropsychiatric symptoms and suicidality
Angioedema and hypersensitivity reactions
Accidental injury

I took chantix and the only thing I had go wrong was thinking I was done too soon, and dreams at night. It may sound morbid but I like the intense dreams.
Thanks FDA

No thanks Chantix or Wellbutrin!!! I know too many people who have tried both drugs and experienced severe side effects. One Chantix person I know somehow ended up in California & checked himself into the psych ward. And guess what, all but one person started smoking again. I know other people who used the patch and had night terrors, rapid heart beat, etc. I used nic gum for a while & it reeked havoc on my teeth. And I started smoking again. E-cigs are the only thing I ever tried in the last 25+ years that have actually worked without having awful withdrawal or side effects (not that I am saying that vaping is better than not vaping).
I did email John Stossel & gave a brief description of my story. Maybe if more of us would write to him, he will reopen the subject on FOX.
Blessings & happy vaping!!!

I guess diff strokes for diff folks. If I ever do stop the vape then I will have to take something. The temper I get when quitting is out of this world. My wife force feeds me cigs when it gets bad.

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS
Sorry for the confusion Spartan, "we" don't have an e-cig business ourselves I was speaking "collective terms" , meaning we vapers; as a whole group, depend on a new fledgling business, many here have quit cigarettes and are now reducing nicotine intake as well, despite the big tobacco and big Pharma competition. After reading my post I do realize I was not clear on this, and I apologize if I mislead anyone ; that was never intended.

No harm done :)

EVO 4G Using Tapatalk

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
We as a whole group can only hope that the FDA has learned their lesson by losing the latest court battle and decide it's just "not worth it" PR and image are important to any organization and being caught in outright fabrications on e-cigs and e-liquids , losing their court battle IS bad PR by anyone's definition.

yes, exactly. the fda is opening a can of worms with this. if they keep pressing ahead, it only further exposes the pharma agenda. they can seriously undermine public trust which goes way beyond NRT and cessation drugs. John Q Public says "so what, the FDA misrepresented facts and sold out on this stuff .. but wait .. what about my lipitor?". very dangerous tack for them to take.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
This is exactly the kind of publicity that the pro ecig campaign needs! People in the US should contact reporters that they feel would take on the subject, linking this article and describing their own experiences with ecigs. The more publicity this gets, the more the need for the FDA to 'prove' that ecigs cause harm will grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread