NPR Piece this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I heard this going into work this morning. It is a piece on middle schoolers vaping. They even talk to some of the kids. This should escalate quickly.

www. npr . org/blogs/health/2014/02/17/276558592/candy-flavors-put-e-cigarettes-on-kids-menu?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

Last edited:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
OMG! I was always afraid the yummy Spiced Rum, Vanilla Bourbon, and Pina Colada flavors I vape might be appealing to children, and this article totally confirms those fears. Those respective alcoholic drinks should immediately be banned, as it might lure middle schoolers to pick up drinking by enticing them with sweet, fruit and candy-like flavors.:rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]
That junk link should be broken, BTW.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Sorry, I broke the link. I was just sharing something I found disturbing to vaping. Interviewing a 12 yr old about how much she likes a vape flavor isn't good and how her 12 year old class mates are vaping in class isn't good. I don't disagree with NPR reporting on this(actually produced by Youth Radio), because it is happening. Shouldn't be long until main stream runs their own piece and things will get ugly.

And don't doubt if a 12 year old could buy liquor they wouldn't, I would have lol

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Sorry, I took out the link. I was just sharing something I found disturbing to vaping. People can google for it if they want to read or listen to it. Interviewing a 12 yr old about how much she likes a vape flavor isn't good and how her 12 year old class mates are vaping in class isn't good. I don't disagree with NPR reporting on this(actually produced by Youth Radio), because it is happening. Shouldn't be long until main stream runs their own piece and things will get ugly.

And don't doubt if a 12 year old could buy liquor they wouldn't, I would have lol

No need to completely remove it, if anything it being here will help people go over and hopefully add some reason to that discussion.

Here's how ECF recommends breaking links for future info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/media-general-news/272086-breaking-links-junk-science-other-rubbish-posts.html

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Since NPR covered it, I am just waiting for it to be on my local news. Kids vaping cause it tastes good sort of BS. It is up to the parents to PARENT, and educate their kids on the world. If my 12 yr old thought vaping was cool, I would be all over it, just like if they thought smoking was cool. Neither is a thing anyone should be doing. true, vaping is supposed to be less harmful, but {MODERATED} , it isn't something to do for no other reason than flavor, eat a gummy bear or two if you want to taste the flavor of a gummy bear.

Some peoples children....

Last edited by a moderator:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Well crap lol, didn't know that's what break that link meant.... hang on

I'd suggest breaking it like this:

htt
p://onvapin
g.co
m/the-ultimate-list
-of-studies-on-e-cigar
ettes-and-their-safety/

Which leaves it easy to copy/paste(especially on mobile) but makes it unreadable by web crawlers like Google.

Sent from my MotoX, using TapaTypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread