Nuon Nure18650 new batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
New jersey
So I picked these up from batteries plus. Local store. I called before hand to check and see if they had LiIon protected rechargeables and the guy laughed...he said they have been getting more and more requests for them. He told me they will be in on wednesday. So, here is wednesday and I have 2 of them. $10 a piece. Pricey if you don't include shipping or consider that Nuon has a reputation for being a lesser grade unit. However; the guy told me the delay was because the first units they recieved didn't pass some of their testing. Which makes me think these might be held to a higher standard than other Nuon labeled batteries I have seen reviewed elsewhere (years ago).

Anyway. 2600mah, 3.6v (which is convenient that i can use my current charger) protected.

The guy ordered 10 batteries, got them in this morning and now only has one left. MAkes me think there are either a ton of flashlight junkies out there or some of my APV comrades are scooping them up.

The batteries are charging right now. I think i'll give them another 15 minutes before giving them a try.

Anyone ever used Nuon? HAve any experience with them? I was told that these are brand new batteries and just got released from QC a few days ago. So, they might be different then others. Let me know if anyone has any info on them or anything to add.

Thanks.

Colonel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
New jersey
So, follow up for those that are interested. The batteries are pretty much worthless. They wont work over about 4.5w...That is my vamo and my 0.9ohm rba on my mech mod. I can only use them with the mech mod with the protanks on. I'm guessing the 'protection' is a little more severe then most. I checked it with the vamo; 3w ok, 3.5w ok, 4.0w ok, 4.5w....vamo shut off. Just glad I didnt kill it.

Also, the wrap is awkward and split a little in my mech tube....so, since I dont plan on using them much really, I removed the rest of the wrap because I saw a familiar 'pink' color showing through.

This is a Samsung ICR18650-26F Explains the problems with my applications.

So if you are looking for a Samsung ICR18650, go to Batteries plus and pick up a nuon 18650. Just has different wrapping on it.

fanatic205

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
birmingham al
Protected batts are horrible and the protection wont help if by chance some of the plastic wraping gets torn and happens to ground out on the walls of a mech. Had that happen to a friend it wasnt good. Grab some AW safe chemistry batts.

I would not use those batts if you took the wraping off thats asking for trouble those li ions will explode in a worst case secenario, IMR batts will just puff up some and vent gas if a hardshort happens.

Last edited:

Colonel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
New jersey
Protected batts are horrible and the protection wont help if by chance some of the plastic wraping gets torn and happens to ground out on the walls of a mech. Had that happen to a friend it wasnt good. Grab some AW safe chemistry batts.

I would not use those batts if you took the wraping off thats asking for trouble those li ions will explode in a worst case secenario, IMR batts will just puff up some and vent gas if a hardshort happens.

They have been recycled. I looked up the tech sheet on them, 2.7amp prtection or something to that effect. Im surprised they work in flashlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread