NY Council Withdraws E-Cig Ban - ECF Infozone Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECF Articles

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
A new article has been posted on the ECF Infozone: The City Council of New York City has quietly withdrawn a proviso that would have effectively banned e-cigarettes, Christopher Robbins reported in The Gothamist on October 30. The action was masked by greater publicity for the part of Bloomberg’s legislative initiative that was passed, an extension on the sales ban to minors, raising the age [...]
The post NY Council Withdraws E-Cig Ban appeared first on ECF InfoZone. Article by Gary Cox

Go and read it Here...!

jwhyde1

Jul 23, 2013
Kennesaw Ga USA
That is a huge win for Vapers everywhere,example,about 10 years ago the regulation of fast food restaurants to stop using hydrogenated cooking oil began in new york, and very soon spread to the rest of the states, in that case it was probably a good thing , my point is , the big apple choosing not to ban e-cigs is a great support for the rest of the states on the fence

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Thanks. Unfortunately, even when something seems positive, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" always keeps repeating in my head as I read.

“The point of this bill has always been to prevent young people from smoking,” says a spokesman for bill sponsor James Gennaro, and he adds: “E-cigarettes are an untested and addictive product. They contain nicotine. E-cig usage has more than doubled in the last year for high school students, so it was a no brainer to add e-cigarettes to the bill.”

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Thanks. Unfortunately, even when something seems positive, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" always keeps repeating in my head as I read.

“The point of this bill has always been to prevent young people from smoking,” says a spokesman for bill sponsor James Gennaro, and he adds: “E-cigarettes are an untested and addictive product. They contain nicotine. E-cig usage has more than doubled in the last year for high school students, so it was a no brainer to add e-cigarettes to the bill.”

All this because of the unfortunate name Electronic Cigarette. vaping got nothing to do with Smoking and all vendors hinting to smoking and smokes should look into name changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread