NY Daily News article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Nice find here Angel--I rather like this article--something very different for a change--citing reports, why it is not an item kids would be interested in--very good thoughts. I like in particular:

Quote:

"DR. DAVE: These are nicotine replacement products, similar to the decades of nicotine gum that preceded them. No teen I know is going to make sure they put the cigarette in an overnight charger, go through the headache of unscrewing and replacing cartridges. How many do you think would shell out $60-plus for the starter kit? If you want to see for yourself,
BILL: They have to be re-charged overnight? Doc, the kids I know define “instant gratification” as not fast enough. So you may be right -- I don’t think any 16-year-old is going to pay $60 to operate something that delivers its punch tomorrow.
DR. DAVE: But already addicted smokers -- struggling with breaking their habit by chewing nicotine gum -- are likely to find this a transition tool that works. Bill, I have no desire to be a shill for e-cigarettes. I am aware there’s a real controversy between the World Health Organization (cautious pessimism) and leaders in the non-smoking crusades such as Attorney David Sweanor or Dr Murray Laugesen (optimistic support). But we have to move people off tobacco products any way we can. In fact, we are rapidly moving towards adding FDA control to the ever-tightening restrictions on minors purchasing tobacco in any form. The newest of these electric vapor products actually focus on their tobacco replacement value. I am also glad to report that the U.S. government has blocked several of these products with spurious health claims from entering our country."

Dr. Dave sounds like a winner to me---Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread