The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NYS Senate Standing Committee on Health Public Hearing on September 23, 2010

Discussion in 'CASAA' started by Cit-e Steamer, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cit-e Steamer

Cit-e Steamer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2009
    Harm Cit-e, USA
    ECF members,

I have just received my invitation to speak on behalf of CASAA before the NYS Senate Standing Committee on Health on September 23, 2010. I am very excited for this opportunity to represent this fine community and to educate the entire NYS Senate (or at least those who show up for the hearing) on multiple issues related to e-cigarettes. With the help of the CASAA board and other distinguished advisors, we WILL present a very compelling argument.

If you have any questions or issues you think that CASAA should address with the NYS Senate, please feel free to post them here.

In addition, CASAA is still looking for regional representatives and could really use your generous donations so that we can continue our fight. Warrior vapers unite.

Cit-e

2. Lil' Lou

Lil' Lou Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Central NY
    Excellent - thank you so much for your efforts! If this hearing was being held in Albany I could have made arrangements to be in attendance. I am however, going to submit written testimony and I'll be watching the live video stream when it starts. Best of luck to you!!

3. laurel099

laurel099 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Nokomis, FL
  4. BCB

BCB Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2010
    North Idaho
    Good luck today!

5. laurel099

laurel099 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Nokomis, FL
  6. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Did Ron or Spikey speak yet?

7. kevbow

kevbow Forum Supplier

May 27, 2009
    CT
    They speak around 4:00pm

8. kristin

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Is anyone recording this for people whjo can't watch right now? I can't figure out how to do it without spending money on programs I can't afford.

9. kristin

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Spikey is speaking right now!

10. kristin

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Our representatives did an OUTSTANDING job!! Thank you!!

11. Pav

Pav Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Detroit Rock City
    Not bad. Maybe if that politician would lose a few pounds he wouldn't be complaining about the heat. The only thing I noticed is that after all that he still didn't seem to get that ecigs are not nicotene replacement. I think the link between smoke and nicotene is so strong in most people's minds they just can't seperate the two.

12. Smoking joe

Smoking joe Senior Member

Sep 5, 2010
    New York
    Hopefully someone recored this and can upload it to youtube. I would love to link it on my facebook and other social network. If anybody did please post the link here.

Thank you.

13. Smoking joe

Sep 5, 2010
    New York
  14. Pav

Pav Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Detroit Rock City
    That's the guy, but I think that's a different hearing from earlier in the day. I just scanned through different points in the 2 hours. Can't believe they would have it up on youtube so fast.

15. Smoking joe

Sep 5, 2010
    New York
  16. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
  17. JayDar82

JayDar82 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    I just watched all of them. I wish I could have been there but I submitted my written testimony. Great job to all! :)

18. Smoking joe

Sep 5, 2010
    New York
    Thanks Julie,

Post It on my facebook. Hopefully Some people will watch it and pass on the Info.

19. WerkIt

WerkIt Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    That's because what he does get is that E-cigs are a threat to tobacco tax revenue. Which state first proposed the PACT Act? New York! Why? They could not get $11 for a pack of smokes with everyone ordering $25 cartons off of the internet. Which state is fighting to force the Native Americans to sell a pack of smokes for $11 a pack? New York! Why? Because they are in a deficit and tobacco tax revenue is to New York as nicotine is to us. They are no more ready to give up their addiction than we are ready to give up ours. So no, they won't get that e-cigs aren't nicotine replacement. They DO understand, quite clearly I am sure, that e-cigs are a threat to NY tobacco tax revenues. And the PACT Act and the battle with the Seneca Nation should tell you precisely how they might deal with a threat to that revenue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.