NYS Senate Standing Committee on Health Public Hearing on September 23, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cit-e Steamer

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Harm Cit-e, USA
ECF members,

I have just received my invitation to speak on behalf of CASAA before the NYS Senate Standing Committee on Health on September 23, 2010. I am very excited for this opportunity to represent this fine community and to educate the entire NYS Senate (or at least those who show up for the hearing) on multiple issues related to e-cigarettes. With the help of the CASAA board and other distinguished advisors, we WILL present a very compelling argument.

If you have any questions or issues you think that CASAA should address with the NYS Senate, please feel free to post them here.

In addition, CASAA is still looking for regional representatives and could really use your generous donations so that we can continue our fight. Warrior vapers unite.

Cit-e

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Not bad. Maybe if that politician would lose a few pounds he wouldn't be complaining about the heat. The only thing I noticed is that after all that he still didn't seem to get that ecigs are not nicotene replacement. I think the link between smoke and nicotene is so strong in most people's minds they just can't seperate the two.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
he still didn't seem to get that ecigs are not nicotene replacement.
That's because what he does get is that E-cigs are a threat to tobacco tax revenue. Which state first proposed the PACT Act? New York! Why? They could not get $11 for a pack of smokes with everyone ordering $25 cartons off of the internet. Which state is fighting to force the Native Americans to sell a pack of smokes for $11 a pack? New York! Why? Because they are in a deficit and tobacco tax revenue is to New York as nicotine is to us. They are no more ready to give up their addiction than we are ready to give up ours. So no, they won't get that e-cigs aren't nicotine replacement. They DO understand, quite clearly I am sure, that e-cigs are a threat to NY tobacco tax revenues. And the PACT Act and the battle with the Seneca Nation should tell you precisely how they might deal with a threat to that revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread