• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NZ researchers recruiting 650 smokers for smoking cessation study using e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

greynz

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
NZ
my fear is that they will be researching with cigarette styled PVs which will lead to a lot of people not finding them useful
Think they are Rick, pretty sure this is the same study that started last year & now halfway through. Hopefully all good exposure but yeah, will get mixed results with those pre-filled jobbies..

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
my fear is that they will be researching with cigarette styled PVs which will lead to a lot of people not finding them useful

Okay, I cannot let this pass....

Y'know what? I think they would find 'cigarette styled PVs' to be as effective for some people as some think chunk of metal with weird-looking attachments. If you're looking to quit but enjoy the feeling & motions, you want the replacement to be as much like the real thing as possible. That means the device looks like a cigarette, feels like a cigarette, is as easy to use as a cigarette as well as mimicing the drag. This worked for me and many others.
If you'd told me I had to buy all these individual bits, mix my own juices and fill my own juice holding recepticles, no way would I have succeeded. Thick chunks of metal with tanks & DTs, having to press a button every time I want a drag, again I would not have succeeded.

Sure now I have manual batts, I also have VV egos and a provari. I love tanks so I use manual batts - and my favourites are still 'stick' batts. If you get a good quality one with good cartos & flavours, I think they can be a better option for a noob than anything fancier.

Okay. Thank you for listening. Katz will now climb down from her hobby-horse and promises not to respond to another swipe at 'cigarette styled PVs' for at least 6 weeks. :laugh:

RickTheBeard

Jul 16, 2012
New Zealand
Okay, I cannot let this pass....

Y'know what? I think they would find 'cigarette styled PVs' to be as effective for some people as some think chunk of metal with weird-looking attachments. If you're looking to quit but enjoy the feeling & motions, you want the replacement to be as much like the real thing as possible. That means the device looks like a cigarette, feels like a cigarette, is as easy to use as a cigarette as well as mimicing the drag. This worked for me and many others.
If you'd told me I had to buy all these individual bits, mix my own juices and fill my own juice holding recepticles, no way would I have succeeded. Thick chunks of metal with tanks & DTs, having to press a button every time I want a drag, again I would not have succeeded.

Sure now I have manual batts, I also have VV egos and a provari. I love tanks so I use manual batts - and my favourites are still 'stick' batts. If you get a good quality one with good cartos & flavours, I think they can be a better option for a noob than anything fancier.

Okay. Thank you for listening. Katz will now climb down from her hobby-horse and promises not to respond to another swipe at 'cigarette styled PVs' for at least 6 weeks. :laugh:
i got told. haha
sorry if i caused offence i see your point.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
i got told. haha
sorry if i caused offence i see your point.

No offence Rick, sweetie. Just that I get a tad fed up with the stick batts being put down (cos I rarely put mine down) Did you notice that? :laugh:
They have their place, and in my opinion, that place is at the forefront of helping people quit. For those who get that amazing realisation that; "Whoa, vaping is waaaaay better than smoking!!!", we will move onwards & upwards and find those new toys we all love so much.

flowerchild

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
In the forest waitakere nz
I rang them a few weeks ago and they told me it is a research using patches or e cigs, you do not get a choice of what you are given so the bloke told me that because i only wanted to use the e cigs not patches (waste of time) I wasnt eligible. Oh well I was looking forward to being a guini (sp) pig but it wasnt to be :p AND I am a fan of easy puff e cigs, I find its the only cig lookalike that actually tastes like tabacco and as ive never said im giving up the fags im happy to vape something that tastes like them. Its what i use at work as i dont want people thinking im smoking p at work and report me :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread