O-Rings for scratch protection and grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
The first time I set my shiny new Vamo v3 down on the counter I was hoping that it wasn't scratched when I picked it up. Then I got my ProVari and thought the same as well as I didn't want to clink it down and shake the brain inside. Additional if you set your mod down in a puddle or spill anything, water, juice, beer etc. The O-Rings will hold it up just high enough to keep it out of the mess.

I went to Lowes and grabbed a couple rubber O-Rings for like 77 cents and I've been rocking them ever since. They don't seem to rub off the finish on either mod, which was my initial concern, and they also work nicely to grip your fingers.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. What do you guys think?

sa2azuna.jpg

aba8e8y8.jpg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Love this idea.

I also thought of this but was thinking of contrasting orings in a different colors. Like red orings on my black Provari mini.

I imagined it with thinner orings. More for grip and looks than as something that would keep it out if spills. I didn't give much thought about it now being on whells and would roll easier. That is a concern.

Nice job. Makes yours unique!

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Yeah I like that too but I think dirt grime may get into a slave and cause more scratches. I thought it would roll but it doesn't too much, it does a little but nothing more than it normally would. You can put one on at a slight angle and it won't roll also, thicker Orings equal more ground clearance thinner will allow your button to hit n stop roll. I prefer thicker so my button stays clear of any spillage. If your mod still rolls to much you can Grove flat spots onto the rings w a razor or a lighter...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread