O rings for the Iclear 16 base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
These iClear 16 clearomizer tanks are generally inexpensive enough that I would just replace the whole tank with a new one. I've never actually lost the lower o-ring, but have lost 1 or 2 of the upper ones. These I replaced by purchasing some nice stainless steel replacement mouthpieces from England. Yes, they were a little pricey (shipping in particular), but they have a built-in black nylon type of "o-ring" seal that seems to work very well (fewer mouthpiece leaks), and I can switch them out and put them on whichever iClear 16 I happen to be using - without worrying about losing the o-ring. I tried some Chinese made stainless steel mouthpieces, which were much cheaper. They fit well, but the o-ring can still potentially be lost - though I've never had that happen. They are overly polished though, and just don't feel as nice in my mouth as the British made ones - which are also more appealing in shape, as well as finish.

Sorry, you were asking about bottom o-rings, and I kind of went off on a tangent there. Please, let us know how well the replacement bottom o-rings worked out for you. They seem like a very cost effective solution to a type of problem we all experience once and awhile. I happen to like the Innokin iClear 16 TDC model a lot. It has a fairly limited juice capacity, and the heads don't last long for me, but they are pretty cheaply replaced. I've tried the non-Nautilus clearomizer BVC heads, which worked very well for me at first, but Aspire quality control appears to have become an issue, and so I've had to discontinue using them. Too bad, but the iClear 16s are pretty good for what they are. In general, I like dual-coil heads. They give a nice, warm, vapor plentiful experience, with a little flavor kick over single-coils.

I used to try making my own coils and all of that, but I always ended up having wicking problems. I use strictly 100% VG juices (pretty much have to, due to PG allergy I developed after a year of vaping). High VG juices can be a challenge to wick well, but the iClear 16s seem to manage alright with just a little dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread