• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Obama ask why are you a christian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I finally found something me and Obama agree on.

Obama, who polls show many Americans think is a Muslim, was asked by a participant at a campaign-style New Mexico event why he was a Christian.

"It was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead -- being my brother's and sister's keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he said.

"And I think also understanding that, you know, that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings -- that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we ... achieve salvation through the grace of God."

Here is the link for the entire interview: Obama answers the question: Why are you a Christian? | General Headlines | Comcast.net

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Me too, I was VERY IMPRESSED with his responses regarding that Interview.. I just pray he's sincere, and I'm not saying he isn't... I don't know his Heart.. only God does, but I'm very cynical & skeptical about ALL politicians, regardless of party affiliation. I pray for Our President always.. the Peace of Israel always and for the love of God to reach all of the lost!

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I'm also glad that he believes in Jesus and that he has publicly announced it. That's a good example for the people that look up to him.

On a side note, I"ve decided not to have anything to do with politics anymore. I used to debate alot about politics for years, but I"m through with it completely. I believe that our political arena is satans arena that he uses for his own purpose and agenda. I believe he uses the conflicts between the political parties as a way of distracting the people from what is really going on, and this allows him to further his evil agenda.

I know for a fact that no politician will ever save us, there is no hope in this system, there is no freedom in this system, no fairness, no justice. There is no salvation in this system at all, and the regular people will never thrive in this system, it's already doomed from the start. The Bible tells us that.

The only real hope and change is with Jesus. He is the one that will come and put an end to all of it. He is the one we should look to for real freedom, real hope, real change. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and more lies from satan and I refuse to play along with this evil game and be distracted from the one who will bring real time freedom to this world for good!

Jesus alone gets my vote! :):):)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I'm also glad that he believes in Jesus and that he has publicly announced it. That's a good example for the people that look up to him.

On a side note, I"ve decided not to have anything to do with politics anymore. I used to debate alot about politics for years, but I"m through with it completely. I believe that our political arena is satans arena that he uses for his own purpose and agenda. I believe he uses the conflicts between the political parties as a way of distracting the people from what is really going on, and this allows him to further his evil agenda.

I know for a fact that no politician will ever save us, there is no hope in this system, there is no freedom in this system, no fairness, no justice. There is no salvation in this system at all, and the regular people will never thrive in this system, it's already doomed from the start. The Bible tells us that.

The only real hope and change is with Jesus. He is the one that will come and put an end to all of it. He is the one we should look to for real freedom, real hope, real change. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and more lies from satan and I refuse to play along with this evil game and be distracted from the one who will bring real time freedom to this world for good!

Yes! Amen! That's 'it' completely LisaLisa!!!!! Satan uses the arena of Politics to 'divide' 'confuse' and 'conquer' us! There is no salvation in it.. only in Jesus! He alone can save us!!!! Jesus ALONE gets my vote also! Hallelujah!
Your post gave me major goose bumps Girl! The Holy Spirit was all over that!!!!!! That's the truth and that's all there is to it!!!! (lol)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
yes! Amen! That's 'it' completely lisalisa!!!!! Satan uses the arena of politics to 'divide' 'confuse' and 'conquer' us! There is no salvation in it.. Only in jesus! He alone can save us!!!! Jesus alone gets my vote also! Hallelujah!
Your post gave me major goose bumps girl! The holy spirit was all over that!!!!!! That's the truth and that's all there is to it!!!! (lol)

yep!!!!!!!! :):):)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I finally found something me and Obama agree on.

Obama, who polls show many Americans think is a Muslim, was asked by a participant at a campaign-style New Mexico event why he was a Christian.

"It was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead -- being my brother's and sister's keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he said.

"And I think also understanding that, you know, that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings -- that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we ... achieve salvation through the grace of God."

Here is the link for the entire interview: Obama answers the question: Why are you a Christian? | General Headlines | Comcast.net

Okay....this 'sounds' just like any of us in here. But, his first comment talks about works. We all know you can't work your way into the Kingdom of Almighty God. Humility? This guy is anything but humble. He's an 'in your face' type of guy.......'my way' or the highway. I also heard him say in another interview that he believes in a 'collective' salvation. What does that mean? That means that everyone should give up everything they have and share with everyone. Cross my heart and hope to spit. I heard him say this. I think that is called social-ism/commun-ism. This guy is slick, and in front of the world, he bowed to a sheik. As God as my witness, he is a muslim. Not to say that he couldn't have a Damascus Road experience. I pray he does. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. He's talking the talk, but not walking the walk. What do muslims do best.....and I promise I'm stating a fact.....they lie. The koran says it's okay to lie if you're using it for the better good.:blink: You can jump on me now and tell me how wrong I am.

rusty shackleford

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Arlen Texas
I noticed you did not respond to the Obama quote that stated his stance that is 180 degrees from what Jesus said and taught. "treating others as they would treat me" and opposed to Jesus' teaching of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Something that a Christian learns early in his Christian life, whatever age he may be.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I noticed you did not respond to the Obama quote that stated his stance that is 180 degrees from what Jesus said and taught. "treating others as they would treat me" and opposed to Jesus' teaching of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Something that a Christian learns early in his Christian life, whatever age he may be.

You are correct, Rusty! That did bother me, and I should have commented on it. Brain bubble! He shifted some accents on that one. Great catch! :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Okay....this 'sounds' just like any of us in here. But, his first comment talks about works. We all know you can't work your way into the Kingdom of Almighty God. Humility? This guy is anything but humble. He's an 'in your face' type of guy.......'my way' or the highway. I also heard him say in another interview that he believes in a 'collective' salvation. What does that mean? That means that everyone should give up everything they have and share with everyone. Cross my heart and hope to spit. I heard him say this. I think that is called social-ism/commun-ism. This guy is slick, and in front of the world, he bowed to a sheik. As God as my witness, he is a muslim. Not to say that he couldn't have a Damascus Road experience. I pray he does. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. He's talking the talk, but not walking the walk. What do muslims do best.....and I promise I'm stating a fact.....they lie. The koran says it's okay to lie if you're using it for the better good.:blink: You can jump on me now and tell me how wrong I am.

Shut up Girl this is persuasive!!!!! :laugh: I knew someone would 'break it down' for us!
Let me add this also: For those who don't know, My ex-husband, of 16 years, was a Muslim - from Lebanon, and this is what I learned from him; If your Father is a Muslim, you're 'born' a Muslim and will 'die' a Muslim.. and if you 'switch' Religions you're labeled a 'heretic' and an 'Infidel. I have wondered WHY the Arab/Muslim World has been so 'friendly' with him when he basically deserted the Faith. The Qua'ran also states it's OK to lie to 'protect yourself, your Family, your Country, and to a Woman'... so basically, lying is condoned in almost all instances.. it's the 'end' that justifies the means. Another reason why I don't believe Allah is the same God as our God is because Yahweh God is incapable of lying... he doesn't 'lie by deception' either as the Qua'ran also infers. Amen Saintscruiser! There's no such thing as collective Salvation, all must individually repent and be born again to be saved... and yes, tho' BHO's responses regarding his Christian Faith 'sound good' to the untrained ear... it's just lip service that won't fly when it's tested in the fires of Holy Spirit discernment! I pray he has a 'Damascus experience' also baby Girl, but let's just say I won't put any $ on that bet! :rolleyes:

*(To all of you who really admire & love the Presidente', please don't flame me for questioning his true Faith based on the evidence, or lack thereof, collected.... I'm skeptical & suspicious of ALL Politicians .. regardless of which Party or whomever is President.. so please don't flame me! :nun:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I'm a thread killer. Whether it's with a gun, knife, broom, car, or a cooked spaghetti noodle......I open my mouth and that's the end of that. So sorry to all. I don't mean to do it. It's not like I wake up in the morning thinking, "Gee, I wonder how many threads I can kill today?" One day I'm gonna get caught and do 20-life for thread killing. It would have to be manslaughter, though as it's an accident. I hope someone would have a prison ministry.:ohmy:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

I totally agree with this. Also, never forget - A Muslim will always lie for the greater good. Death to all infidels is there motto

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
  • Deleted by LisaLisa
  • Reason: This is a forum for Christians.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I'm a thread killer. Whether it's with a gun, knife, broom, car, or a cooked spaghetti noodle......I open my mouth and that's the end of that. So sorry to all. I don't mean to do it. It's not like I wake up in the morning thinking, "Gee, I wonder how many threads I can kill today?" One day I'm gonna get caught and do 20-life for thread killing. It would have to be manslaughter, though as it's an accident. I hope someone would have a prison ministry.:ohmy:

You are no such thing! LOL! But you really do crack me up sometimes.:toast:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I think you so called Christians are so flammable... trash Obama and then run behind you bibles.
And then I'm sure you'd vote for any white stars and stripes and bible thumping hypocrite who btw happens to be placing the almighty dollar above true Christian charity.
Now I see how it works... vote your white bible and then turn a blind eye to what that vote does/did to the country and the world in the last 28 years.
Do you really see Jesus standing behind the SCOTUS decision to allow corporations to control elections in this country? Name me one candidate you voted for who doesn't?

I didn't trash Obama. He's done that himself. Uh.....Ukeman.....Jesus isn't white.....He's Jewish, and the Jews have been on the chopping block for....oh, their entire existence. I'm not sure you know your history. I am tired of being called a racist when I would have voted for Connie Rice had she been running for president. She is a brilliant woman and, oh yeah, happens to be black. Why is it, that when anyone says anything about Obama.....it's always racist. Son, I've lived in the south all my life and I'm sick and tired of the name calling. And, besides, this is not a political part of the board and this discussion should be in the Outside section. I will not talk politics with you. Take that talk elsewhere. We talk about Jesus! Glory to God! :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I didn't trash Obama. He's done that himself. Uh.....Ukeman.....Jesus isn't white.....He's Jewish, and the Jews have been on the chopping block for....oh, their entire existence. I'm not sure you know your history. I am tired of being called a racist when I would have voted for Connie Rice had she been running for president. She is a brilliant woman and, oh yeah, happens to be black. Why is it, that when anyone says anything about Obama.....it's always racist. Son, I've lived in the south all my life and I'm sick and tired of the name calling. And, besides, this is not a political part of the board and this discussion should be in the Outside section. I will not talk politics with you. Take that talk elsewhere. We talk about Jesus! Glory to God! :)

AMEN!!!!!!! There will always be people who just want to inflame, the best thing is to just ignore them and not give them time and energy. Now, if they want to talk about God's Kingdom, then they are welcome to join in! :):):)

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
Well the Qua'ran is very similar to the christian bible in its beliefs. It even teaches about Jesus. I states just like the bible does that if you don't belive in its teachings that you are going to hell. That sounds just like the bible(I am the truth, the way and the light. The only way to heaven is by way of the son). Also let us not forget how many people christanity has killed and tourtured in the name of religon.

Yes there are , have been and always will be Crazy Muslims. On the other hand it will also be like that with Christians also. Let us not forget Jim Jones who killed 900 people in christs name. I know he was just crazy. But look at it from a buddists eyes and you would say that them christians are all killers.

There are many religons that are very similar to christianity. But they just have a few different beliefs within it. Even Christianity has 12 or so different sects within it.

By the way I am Christian and I go to church twice a week for those of you who might think I am christian bashing. I just want people to realize that a few crazy SOB's do not make up a whole population.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread