Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I always love to see new stuff come out from OBS. I'm not crazy about that clamp post as one, you'll have to balance both coils as you tighten them down, but the bigger one is two, that insulator looks like it's bound to melt if you mount the coil too close. There was another tank that had that same issue which made me pass on it although some folks said it was OK with their use. I wish I could remember the name as I don't want to cast aspersions on the wrong tank.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Placing the coils shouldn't be as complicated as on other clamp style decks because of the offset and the single screw system, I guess. At least you don't have to precut the leads.

I'm wondering however, why they didn't go for a GTA style deck like in the single coil version, and why they went for that simple airflow system.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That insulator is made of zirconia, unlike the peek insulator in the Troll RTA, so there'll be no risk of melting.;)

I thought it was the troll but didn't have a chance to look it up. Zirconia huh? Good that it won't melt but it just seems like an odd solution to use a clamp like that. It isn't like the tank has some gigantic chamber you want to fill with 4 mm quadruple fused stapled claptons.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
There's no need to go that large in diameter imo, but I get your point.
Clamps aren't my preferred style either, but as the single coil version worked surprisingly flawless, I'm eager to see how it works out in dual configuration.
After all I think it's refreshing to finally see something new and innovative after all the more or less samey stuff the mainstream manufacturers put out the last months.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I’d like a second Engine. Fantastic RTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have three and I keep thinking about getting another as a just in case kinda backup. Still, this might be an interesting addition for some variety. I still use my Crius+ which I know it's ancient in vape gear years.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
I have three and I keep thinking about getting another as a just in case kinda backup. Still, this might be an interesting addition for some variety. I still use my Crius+ which I know it's ancient in vape gear years.

I meant an Engine V2, should’ve been a bit clearer there! More airflow and widebore tip would be just the t*ts!

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
I always love to see new stuff come out from OBS. I'm not crazy about that clamp post as one, you'll have to balance both coils as you tighten them down, but the bigger one is two, that insulator looks like it's bound to melt if you mount the coil too close. There was another tank that had that same issue which made me pass on it although some folks said it was OK with their use. I wish I could remember the name as I don't want to cast aspersions on the wrong tank.
That insulator is made of ceramic. I've seen some other tanks using it in similar way Not like Wotofo where it was ultem or God knows what. I'm kean to get me a Crius 2 causemy first rta was a Crius velocity deck. But I'm considering Aqua Reboot from Footoon. Would be nice to see flavor comparison between those two. The deck is pretty simple saw few reviews on it.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
I’d like a second Engine. Fantastic RTA.

Me too. I'd love to see an Engine 2. With a postless deck and a construction similar to Themis(which is now my fav.tank) where the air is kind a forced to go more over coil and not just shortest way. We know the top AF tanks are not the best flavor tanks but it's so good to have no condense on mod and absolute no leaking that I screw on 20% more flavor. Anyway OBS does good simple inexpensive stuff and the Crius II dual is a nice RTA that has the flavor in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread