Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone and welcome back for another review, todays review is on a new mod from OBS called the CUBE-S. The CUBE-S is the latest in the CUBE series from OBS and continues it's small frame look but now with a nice leather wrap around cover and very clean, busy free color display screen with only the power/fire button along with it's Type-C charge port being on the display screen. As always before my review lets get to know OBS's latest CUBE device in detail a little first.

COLORS

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_Colors.jpg

GREAT LEATHER WRAPPED ERGONOMIC DESIGN

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_Ergonomic_Design.jpg

5W-80W ADJUSTABLE POWER RANGE

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_Power.jpg

REPLACEABLE 18650 BATTERY WITH FAST TYPE-C CHARGING

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_18650_Battery.jpg

PARAMETERS

Size: 86 x 28 x 34 mm
    Output Wattage: 5 - 80W
    Battery: 1x 18650 battery(not included)
    Working Mode: VW
    Charging Current: 4.2V/2A
    Standby Current: <45ua
    Output Voltage: 3.2-4.25V
    Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
    Material: Leather + Zinc Alloy
    Thread: 510

OBS-Cube-S-80W-VW-Box-MOD_04_a86735.jpg

COMPONENTS SHOWN WITH CUBE TANK

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_Components.jpg

MULTIPLE SAFETY PROTECTIONS

OBS_Cube-S_Mod_Protection.jpg

OBS CUBE-S PACKAGE CONTENTS

1* OBS Cube-S Mod
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

After opening the package and sliding out the inner compartment holding the contents of the CUBE-S I was very pleased with the appearance of the Mod. The leather seems very thick, soft and cushioned which made for a very comfortable feeling in the hand. The workmanship is easily felt and seen with even the stitching of the leather being perfect with no fraying.

20200919_151152.jpg

The top plate is held in place with 2 screws and the 510 pin includes a gasket surrounding it to help prevent any juice from entering the devices internal components and board.

20200919_152348.jpg

The wattage adjustment buttons are located on the side of the device leaving the display screen with a busy free clean look to it.

20200920_080848.jpg

The CUBE-S uses a single 18650 replaceable battery that sits on top of a ribbon for easy removal, the positive pin is located at the top and is spring loaded so when installing your battery push up on the positive pin.

20200920_080404.jpg

The leather wrapped battery cover is held in place with strong magnets located at the top of the device just above 3 ventilation holes.

20200920_080602.jpg

As I said earlier the 0.9 inch color LED display screen has only the power/fire button on it which is of good size and easily found using both thumb or finger firing also the Type-C charging port is located at the very bottom of the front display screen which is a great location in case of juice leaks and with it being in front, the device can be in a standing position while charging is being performed.

20200920_080754.jpg

The 0.9 inch color LED display screen is nice and bright even for outdoor viewing along with a nice layout of information for the user, shown here in it's unlocked state, notice the green unlocked symbol next to the encircled wattage selected, followed by the puff counter, volts, OHM reading and your last puff counted in seconds. Your battery level is at the top across from OBS branding.

20200920_081112.jpg

The CUBE-S has a feature that keeps your selected wattage locked ALWAYS and I'll explain why they incorporated it in the CUBE-S. Because of it's small size the entire device fits comfortably in the hand and having your up and down buttons located on the side it is very possible to inadvertently press one of them changing your wattage so the CUBE-S is always locked. To unlock simply press either the up or down button 3 times quickly once powered up and the CUBE-S will unlock for the user to make wattage adjustments, once your desired wattage is on the screen simply press the power/fire button and the device locks your wattage. Below is a locked wattage screen shot, the green unlock symbol becomes locked and turns yellow in color.

20200920_081019.jpg

The CUBE-S is a wattage only device having no menu system to speak of other than the normal 5 clicks of the power/fire button to turn the device on or off. When first installing a battery the device will put you at 30 watts automatically so unlock and make your adjustments. For people that heavily use their devices puff counter, when a battery is removed your puff counter will automatically clear itself. The CUBE-S will handle a 25mm tank just fine.

FITS A 25MM TANK NICELY.jpg

The CUBE-S is a perfect match for a 22mm tank also.

20200920_091409.jpg

CUBE-S PROS
    * ATTRACTIVE
    * SOLID FEEL
    * GREAT WORKMANSHIP
    * BRIGHT DISPLAY SCREEN
    * THICK LEATHER WRAP
    * STRONG MAGNET
    * TYPE-C
    * SIMPLE EASY DEVICE
    * WELL LAYED OUT DISPLAY
    * FITS A 25MM TANK
    * FIRES VERY FAST
    * WATTAGE LOCKS AUTOMATICALLY
    * 80 WATTS MAX
    * ROUND ROBIN FEATURE

CUBE-S CONS
    * PUFF COUNTER CLEARS WHEN BATTERY IS REMOVED

FINAL IMPRESSIONS OF THE CUBE-S

Well folks as you can see the CUBE-S is a attractive, comfortable device that impressed me from the beginning of the review all the way through to the end. The shape of the device is probably why it's so comfortably having all rounded corners and edges with a very thick plush leather wrap around it. Only having a wattage mod works for me because that's all I use. The CUBE-S also has very good battery management which was also a plus.

I really like the automatic lock for wattage and having no menu to speak of really makes this device perfect for a beginning vaper or seasoned vaper. In the time I've been using it the device never failed to fire or had any problems show up. OBS did a fantastic job with this version of the CUBE. It has been put in my daily rotation of devices and will continue to be there.

I'm always outdoors and so many devices fail when you try to view them in sunlight but this devices is easily able to be seen. The only con I could find was the clearing of the puff counter when a battery was replaced, that's all I could find as a con for the CUBE-S Mod.

You can purchase the OBS CUBE-S at Sourcemore and if you use the code CUSM the price will drop to $28.79. I will leave a link down below.

OBS Cube-S Mod 80W VW Box Mod Single 18650 battery

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the CUBE-S for review and I hope this review helped anyone wanting to purchase the CUBE-S.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Good review @bigbob2322 :)

I like how OBS have the wattage automatically lock, no messing trying to do multiple buttons to lock.

If they had made it a 21700 device, would of already bought one, but even though I only MTL, I much prefer 21700 for longer time between chargers.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nice review. I had one of the little internal cubes but it died. One panel came off all the time exposing the interior battery and YES I glued it but something else happened I forget. Could have been dropped in Coffee but I really cannot recall and I am SO happy that no longer happens. LOL.

This looks nice and sturdy and it's tempting. I somehow really like the way it vaped somehow though... Not exactly sure but tempting.

Anna`

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi @stols001 , The workmanship is very good on the CUBE-S along with no movement of the battery panel. This is a very solid device Anna and with it's thick leather and size makes it a no slip mod so it should be coffee free. lol yes I remember that happening to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread