Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
try 34-36 and 1.5 ohms it be a good sweet spot for ya

Wait...

So you're saying he should use 36 kanthal to make a 1.5ohm coil?

36 Kanthal is like 35ohms per foot which is 3 ohms per inch. So he's going to use a 1/2 inch piece of wire? This doesn't make sense.

34 Kanthal is 22ohms per foot which is just under 2 ohms per inch so he would use a 3/4 inch piece of wire.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Sorry its late my time i may not be as clear as I like to be.

here look the small vid I did with Manos and I we did two tests with twisting two resistance wires. granted we did dual coils with 4 resistance wires. but in the case upstairs twist can still work using 34/36 like he did but instead of .7 ohms it can be .8-1.5 ohms. on mine i did 34/34 to test how much power it needed which resulted two batteries manos resulted 1 battery.

you can also do one with 32/34 resistance wire twist.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-big-brother-coils-7-ohms-4-2v-8-4-volts.html

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
To gain what?, not sure I follow ya

Well basically the way it works out is twisting together 34 AWG wire yields ABOUT the same resistance as 32 AWG inch for inch.

If you twist your wire together well(I use a drill and the wire is beautifully twisted together) the twists in the wire kind of hold more juice and it provides more vapor and a better flavor.

I basically take 3-4 feet of wire, fold it in half and attach one end to a bench with a vice grip and put the other end in a dremel. Set dremel to 1 and fire short bursts.

Bishop did not mention twisting in his original post so I was confused.

I didn't take it out of the plastic bag I keep it in but this is what it looks like when you do it with a drill or dremel:

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 54

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Ez sorry bro 1 am my time I wasnt clear. thast why i linked video I need some more coffee.

I need JUAN VALDEZ and his DONKEY

ya I twisted two 34s and manos twisted a 34 and 36 together. so he was able to use one battery 4.2 volts and me i had to use 2 batteries because it needed more power. it wasa dual coil build. we ohmed it at .7-.8 after its dual.

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hery ez that looks nice. manos and i used pressure binder clips one on each end to make the twists.

You can do that too of course. With a drill or dremel it takes literally 2 seconds to twist 4 feet of it. I have a lot of pre-made wire in different twisted sizes so I make lots at a time.

manos3906

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
iraklio kreta
Well basically the way it works out is twisting together 34 AWG wire yields ABOUT the same resistance as 32 AWG inch for inch.

If you twist your wire together well(I use a drill and the wire is beautifully twisted together) the twists in the wire kind of hold more juice and it provides more vapor and a better flavor.

I basically take 3-4 feet of wire, fold it in half and attach one end to a bench with a vice grip and put the other end in a dremel. Set dremel to 1 and fire short bursts.

Bishop did not mention twisting in his original post so I was confused.

I didn't take it out of the plastic bag I keep it in but this is what it looks like when you do it with a drill or dremel:
hi Ez
you twist your coils with dremmel? i didn't think about it(but i don't have dremmel or a drill)
it must be much easier,
now about the wires, my oponion is that if you use to different wires to twist them
the best benefit is that you have the two good and two bad behaviors of the wires
for example
the 0,13mm wire have pretty much vapor and trhoat hit but no flavor
the 0,16mm wire have good taste but not so good vapor
if you twist them (my opinion) you will get allot ofvapor ,very good taste and nice throat hit
and if you make that coil with dual(highlander) i think,for my taste,it will be much better(you dubble the all think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread