Off Topic: What’s in your screen name and avatar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
My screen name is the condensed version of my youngest daughter description of her lunchroom lady...Splat...Neeeeext.

When she told me this story and imitated the goings on in her lunchline I just cracked up, she used it to good effect whenever she was in trouble she just gave me that look and go Splat...Neeeeeext and I would loose it again.
So when the time came to choose an online nick Splatnext was born, I have never used another.

Screen name is one I picked for AOL when I was 12 or 13 back in the Prodigy vs AOL days....somehow stuck with me for 20 years. My first initial is T and I've always been a scrub (I embraced self-deprecation even as a tweener).
Profile pic is my dogs, next week it'll probably be my cats. It will never be a pic of my mods cuz they won't stay out of my mouth long enough to snap a pic.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I tried a dozen names but they were all taken. I put in my name and state and thought if this one is taken I quit. It wasn't lol. My avitar is a picture I took during an Oklahoma dry storm. No rain, no thunder, just lightening. It's one of my favorite pics. Took me hundreds of pics to get that one.

I use to live in Weatherford Oklahoma. The thunder storms were amazing.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I haven't done one of these in quite some time so I'll play. :)

My screen name came from the nickname for the storm petrel, a bird that spends practically all of it's life in flight and only lands to nest. While feeding it looks like it's running on the water, trying to stay afloat; a feeling I often have. :D

My avatar is actually one of many. I changed pretty often initially, usually something with feathers, but have grown rather fond of this one. I'm also afraid to change it because I let my supporting member status run out for the time being and it will probably make me use a small avi if I switch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread