Official Boba's Bounty Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
Ok. I've primarily been using a LR 510 atty. I've gone back to a regular one and I'm picking up a bit more flavor. Not a bunch. I'm still craving more. However, I'm getting 3 main hints. Chocolate, vanilla and hazelnut. Maybe a touch of something else like an alcohol flavor. It's something sweet but I can't put my finger on it. Kaluha maybe? Now that I think about it, the overall flavor could be described as a B-52...the drink not the plane or band.

I don't know it could be bananafishbone but it seems sweeter than that.

ETA: Boba Fett's original task was to find the Millenium Falcon. The MF could be looked at as a space age B-52. Big, a little clunky, slow to get up to speed and rugged. Both were constantly being worked on because they took so much abuse. The MF cockpit was modeled after the B-29 bomber...a little like the B-52. There are many similarities. My theory is that Boba's bounty is, in fact, the B-52. Or...I've had a little too much of my bounty, which is beer.

Last edited:

bamdet

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Wixom, MI
Just got my shipment of Boba's Bounty today and here is my first impresion. First off I have to say that the juice I have used to this point has been either all PG or an 80/20 percent blend of PG/VG so this is my first experience with 100% VG juice.

I use an eGo with a LR cartomizer which I have found for me yields the best flavor, vapor and convenience combination for my vaping requirements.

The Boba's Bounty juice at 100% VG is much heavier than a 100% PG or an 80/20 blend that I am use to. I agree with another comment on this thread that while the bottle is cool looking it is very hard to squeeze the juice out. I soon gave up and put some into a 6ml bottle I had purchased to make custom blends with.

I loaded up a new Lr cartomizer and gave it a try:

Vapor Production:

The vapor produced is denser and has significantly more volume than the PG or PG/VG blend I have been using. This is not only my opinion but my wife made a comment about the volume of vapor as well. So, I can't say this is any better as far as vapor production than any other 100% VG juice (because I haven't tried any) but it is more like an analog if that is what you are after. If you are into stealth vaping at your desk or in a public place this will not probably be a benefit to you.

Flavor:

Since equipment,configuration,vaping style and taste buds are all different I can only give an opinion on what it is to me. I have found it very interesting on how others on this thread have described the flavor and what they thought was in the blend. My simple one word description would be "Brownie". Chocolate,nutty but not sweet. Very smooth with not much throat hit (24MG Nic).

Conclusion:

I think this will make a great base for me for a blend with some TV Tin Box Mint or pure menthol drops to spice it up a bit. As an all day vape alone, it would be pretty boring to me. All in all I'M glad I bought Boba's Bounty as I very much like the heavier vapor this 100% VG based juice produces.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread as it got me to try something new. Now as most of us do, it is just trying to find a way to make it your own.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
menthol drops to spice it up a bit

I gotta try this. Carshtestjeep raves about this.

You are right about blending it.

The flavor will come through more... well, it seems to for many...
but, I can drop it in my atty no mater what was in in there before.
Some days it actually tastes very sweet. Other days it tastes tobacoo(ish) and other days I feel like I need to mix it.

I used to love it with a couple TV flavors.

Now I am am using it in between vaping sweet caroline and BWB's RY4.

To me, Ben's must flavorful tobacco vape is Havana.
Warning, it truly does taste like a cigar. Very strong...
Can't remember who it was.... salt maybe? but they do a 2:1 with bobas and havana.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
This reminds me. It would be cool if Boba's enthusiasts could post some other vapes they think Boba's fans might like...

Here are some other vapes people who like Boba's may enjoy (IMO).

1. Malty and Applewood Tobacco by Backwoods Brew.
2. Organic RY4 by VapeRite
3. Alien Vision's Havana and Gamel.

~also~ anyone ever have Hypnotic Mist? I haven't. I see Freedomsmokesusa and Vaporbomb have it.

Would that appeal to a boba's lover?

Laddsy

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
~also~ anyone ever have Hypnotic Mist? I haven't. I see Freedomsmokesusa and Vaporbomb have it.

I have a Hypnotic mist from Vaporbomb and its OK. I got it because so many people here went on and on about it. All I seem to taste though is a lemony flavor. Also I dont seem to get much throat hit from it.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana

Hypnotic Mist is one of my go to's (I like variety). I've only tried the one from VB 70-20 mix at 24 mg. It's completely different than Boba's. It's a lighter and sweeter vape that is more like a softdrink/gum flavor with fruity and floral tones. I would put it on the opposite spectrum of flavors from the Bounty. mostly because Boba's is a full body flavor and mist is light and airy.

Would a Boba's lover like it? Probably, but for completely different reasons. They just aren't...well, synonymous.:oops:

Dan1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Just got mine today and Im not gonna lie. Really dont care for it.

The inhale is good, but the exhale tastes more like cardboard to me. I actually cleaned out a LR atty and a regular atty and tried it on both, same result. Im actually leaning to the 100% vg juice being the culprit for the bad exhale flavor.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
It is with great sadness that as I write this I'm vaping my last 3 drops of Boba's. I have 2 18ml bottles on order but it'll be a couple of depressing days. I would have ordered the 100 ml bottle but I needed the funds to try some other flavors.

I'm starring into my box 20 or so other flavors wondering what I can mix that will be close to but there's no hope. If I could only have one flavor, Boba's is it. The subtlety is driving me insane. Next paycheck I'll have the 100 ml.

One thing I've learned from my AV experience is that I love 100% vg. The th is not harsh but volume is what I've been looking for and volume is what I'm getting. I stealth vape in my office...I just have to hold in the vapor longer. I also find that vg gives me much more warning of a dry atty than pg. I like that forgiveness.

I'm going to be camping by the mailbox.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
I had heard so many people rave about this juice that I had to try it. I ordered the small of this and the 555, he sent me a bottle of havana as a gift (nice and Thanks!).

So, I dripped some into a 302 (my most go to atty at home on my Puresmoker 5V PT for flavor). I really did not taste much at all. I had also just got in a bunch of other juices from other vendors (Last - I agree, I am a BIG fan of Vaperite juices). so, often I find juices need some "steep" time (thanks for this lesson Geoff - TV) and I put the BB away along with the 555 and havana (still haven't gotten back to those two).

After stumbling onto this thread, I decided to pull the BB out and try it in a new 901 atty on unregulated 3.7 (fully charged 18650). Now, while I am primarily a tobacco/menthol vapor, I have really been getting into a bunch of tobaccos lately that I am surprised to find extremely enjoyable (was a Newport smoker for 30 years and Newport smokers are funny in that NOTHING else seems to "do it for ya").

IN the BB, I am still finding it pretty subtle. I only get a hint of tobacco and a hint of coconut. Surprisingly, I get mostly a buttery flavor. Many had raved about buttered popcorn and when I tried that, all I tasted was butter. I felt like I was vaping the equivalent of a pat of butter and could not stand it - gave it away fast to a B.P. lover. Now, this BB reminds me of that but much more subtle. It reminds me of the few Halo juices I have tried in that it seems similarly complex yet in a very subtle way. I am not sure I will get more but I do want to play with it.

Some of you have posted about mixing this with others (Tin Can Mint for example, which I have but have been wondering what to cut it with as THat is pretty intense, like the Geoff's Blend that I also want to cut.). So, those of you who are mixing this, what ratios are you mixing? Are you using the BB as an additive to other strong flavors? Using the other strong flavors as an additive to BB? Or - using more like 50/50 blends?

FWIW, Other tobacco flavors I enjoy:
- Vaperite Organic Tobacco
- Vaperite Burley
- getting ready to try (just arrived an hour ago) Vaperite Honey Horn Virginia
- Vaperite RY4 aand the new organic VR4

- VaporFlow Classic Tobacco (from American Revolution line)

- 555 (variety of vendors)

Tasty Vapor Tobacco

Most of my go-to are variations of these in their menthol versions. But I ma enjoying TV's Geoff's blend and Tin Can Mint but I suspect I will enjoy both of those a lot more when I find the "RIGHT" juice to tone down those more intense flavors. for now, I tone them down with 510 attys as those, at least to me, really cut flavor significantly.

I also grabbed a bunch of juices (mostly various menthols) from Gourmet Vapor during their 50% off sale last weekend. I am enjoying most of those as well but, like most freshly mixed juices, find they may need some "steep" time.

Great thread and thanks to all participating. :toast:
Happy Saturday

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
It's possible that the juice doesn't agree with you or vice versa... not everyone likes it.

I agree though, the first week or so, it was subtle. I don't know if the juice needed time to steep... or if it's just a taste bud adjustment.

If you're not getting the taste after a week or so either you got a weird batch, or more likely, it just doesn't suit you.

We have pretty similar tastes. I do love the VapeRite and other juices you listed.

If the boba's never works for you, pm me... chances are I have something you like.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
I haven't given it much of a chance.. the 2 times I've tried it I don't get much on the inhale..
On exhale I get a very strong perfumey/flowery taste.. Unfortunately the exhale taste is so unappealing to me that i've put it aside.. But I had one inhale that had a wonderful tobacco taste. Hasn't come back yet but I havent givin up. I'll give it another go today.. I'm really hoping that tobacco flavor comes back.

I think I might try mixing it with some BWB malty.. see how that goes..

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
I LOVE Boba's Bounty, I can taste the tobacco and I've been vaping it on and off for the 2 week that I've had it!

First impressions:

"Holy ...., that's a LOT of vapor!" I am using a regular 510 and usually the other liquids I vape are this kind of ... semi transparent cloud. With boba's bounty, it's thick, white clouds and a LOT of them.

There's tobacco flavor, that's for sure. But there's also something else there that I just can't put my finger on... it's definitely none of the above (chocolate / coconut etc.) but I think one user said a floral taste... I think there's a hint of that, maybe even a small bit of coffee...

My taste buds get used to it after a couple of hours of vaping, so this is the reason why I usually switch to something else, but I always come back to Boba's Bounty later.

So my opinion ... tobacco, some floral flavoring and a hint of coffee

Last edited:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
Something I found when it comes to using Boba's Bounty, might be of help to some... if you get a peppery, harsh taste, often times you need to try using Boba's on a really clean atomizer. Boba's is very subtle, but it's dark in color so it's got stuff that probably lingers on the atty, so it'll mix up with whatever juice you were previously using. I'm babbling but basically, if you don't like Boba's, try a clean atty with it.

I often smell lemon grass when I open the bottle :)

Since I have the 100ml bottle I pretty much shower, shampoo, brush and gargle with Boba's! Here are some of the tastes I'm experiencing (haha!)

Graham cracker, peanut, green or roasted tea, light perfume/floral thing, and absolutely no tobacco taste at all. I've never even found a hint of tobacco flavor in there!

Boba's is one of my 3 'safety blanket' juices and I cannot live without it! Well, I can but it would suck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread