The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Official Squape R[eloaded] thread!

Discussion in 'RTA' started by brickfollett, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bern Diesel

Bern Diesel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks for the reply! I prefer to stick with a single coil. Is there a noticeable difference in flavor between the B and W decks? From what I have read, the B seems to wick faster and you can place the coil closer to the airhole

2. r055co

r055co Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    MMM I'd say the B deck you can fit a Clapton in where the W deck you're limited. You could pop a Clapton or even 28x2/32 fused clapton in the B deck where you're much more limited to standard coil with the W deck. So yes, you would get better flavor with the B deck.

3. infernic

infernic Full Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Hi, I build my first mesh build but it taste like burning hair...bleh

Odoslané z SM-A710F pomocou Tapatalku

4. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    I fit 3mm claptons on W and D decks easily. You just have to make sure the legs go the right way around and stay the same length for all four legs. w desk is super easy. D deck just better leg management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. showman

showman Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
  6. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    New atty Chris is coming out with :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    I see! Know any details?

8. MsLoud

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    Not yet ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    The anticipation is killing me!

10. dems86

dems86 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    Oh nice, can't wait to see what they come out with next

• Like Like x 1
  11. MsLoud

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    Been running ReadyxWick 3mm with SS coil 2.5 diameter in my SQuapes with W decks...OMG this is awesome flavor! Not temp control - just around 1.5ohm on my Provari minis at 4.2v

I LOVE the SS now that I have played with it more and the RxW is fabulous because it can lay across the deck. Cut it even and make sure it sits in the channel. No leaks!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Hope we get a bigger deck with velocity poles for dual claptons. Not using my sq much at the moment. Clieto from Aspire is pretty good and the can't wait for the steamcrave supreme. Going to get this tank regardless. Huge squape fan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    I use a very similar setup to you. For me, it's ReadyXWick 3mm in a Squape, but with Titanium Coils. I also find no leaks, unless I've done a terrible job building and leave the wick way overhanging the deck. How do you like Stainless Steel coils? Hadn't heard of that yet.

14. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Personally, the only thing I'd really, really like to see changed is the centerpin, which is a mess for me sometimes with the jumping resistance for temp control.

(Speaking of jumping resistance, just in case anyone is considering ordering these, I strongly suggest not doing so, as for me, not only did they not fix what had been a relatively minor problem, they made the problem much worse: Yellow Replacement O-ring Insulator for SQRS Reloaded Squape RS RTA)

A design that is more leakproof might also be good, though I've not had many issues since switching from cotton to ceramic, and being a bit more careful with the wick placement.

One other thought that I had was that the ability to handle higher wattages might be nice to try, though I'm not sure I would actually use it.

I trust whatever they'll come out with at this point, though, since the previous product was so good, and they surely have a better idea of what's possible than I do.

Personally, this is the only atomizer I will use at this point, after having tried Kayfun, Chalice, and the Nautilus prior to this, each with little to no successs, finding them all impossible for me for various reasons. The Squape has been a breath of fresh air, and I'm very excited to see what they can with some tweaks.

15. MsLoud

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    Really liking the SS. It's a cleaner tasting vape for me. One setup with kanthal and the other with SS - a noticeable difference - SS wins.

• Like Like x 2
  16. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Not fond of Kanthal myself. Would be interested to try SS but not sure if it works with TC or how it compares to Titanium.

In other news, I did e-mail Chris to try to get some details, and he did not really reveal any, but he did tell me this:
    "- hint: there will be a lot of changes ;)"
    Exciting!!!

17. JoeBattams

JoeBattams Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Northampton- UK
    I'm very intrigued by the new squape x [dream]- i'm wondering:

a) whether Squape will go down the Svoemesto route and have a tank 'limited' to 2ml capacity to comply with the TPD regs in order that they can continue selling it to European (EU) Countries into 2017?

b) whether, with Switzerland not being in the EU, if they'll not even bother complying with the EU regs if their best selling market is the US for example?

I've got a feeling they'll want to comply with the TPD to continue selling it in Europe....

I suspect it will also be topfill to keep up with market trends...?

18. MsLoud

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    SS 2.5dia 3mm RxW 1.6ohm

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. JoeBattams

JoeBattams Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Northampton- UK
    :( I wish I could try some of that ReadyxWick here in UK! :(